What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Nostalgic games

Ronnie Pickering

I wonder.. what is your guys favourite nostalgic game ? Mine is beyond good & evil. this game is so good the story, gameplay and the graphigs are not bad for it's age. i have the game on my pc now but man... i remember sitting on my little chair 1m from my tv playing this all day long on my ps2. i sucked so badly and raged so much i eventually broke my controller (lol). now i'm able to finish it in a couple of hours easily. 

I actually think games that are particularly hard and frustrating are probably the best. example skyrim had many frustrating deaths (played on hard) but in the end if i think back to it, it's probably the best game i played in 2011 - 2015. 

What's your favourite nostalgic game ? 

Crash bandicoot, or Runescape for me. Resident evil, Dino crisis and tomb raider are also big on my list as I used to watch my dad play them as a kid

Hover! for windows 95. Now playable for free in a web-gl remastered version at www.hover.ie.

Besides that, the original Fallout Games, Age of Empires 1+2, Runescape 1/Classic and Total annihilation were my old-time favourites.

I was playing this the other day, but I doubt any of you youngens would recognise it...

digger5.gif

Is it Underminer? @Mycaelis

Reminds me of a game called something like Dynamite Jo or something like that.

Is it Underminer? @Mycaelis

Reminds me of a game called something like Dynamite Jo or something like that.
It's called Digger, and I used to play it on my old PC as a kid, been playing it in a browser recently.

Still got my original copy of the game on one of these bad boys: 
Floppy_disk_5.25_inch.JPG

A 5 1/4" floppy is something i've only ever seen in movies/books/tv. I've never actually touched one in my whole IT experience.

I told a girl at work the same about fax machines when she brought them up which made her question my age and she then felt very old :D

The Terminator, Jaws for commodore 64, Road rash, Jungle strike! CANNON FODDER!

few of us are showing our age a bit lol

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Incredible Crash Dummies on the NES

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@Mycaelis @RubberDucky I LOVED Cannon Fodder, and Desert Strike!

Just remembered a couple of others  I had on my Megadrive - Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Earthworm Jim.

@Elakin I can gold trim ur mk18 if u want. Offering free trimming service to all gear in fact!

Also forgot - Doom 1 Wolfenstein 3d, Quake 1 which i used to play at my mum's friends house on her daughters computer. I was frikken ace at shareware quake 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doom, Warcraft I & II, C&C. There's plenty more games but sadly I was so young so I honestly don't remember their names. I remember the gameplay though.. god I miss them.

Edit. Stronghold Crusader and The Settlers.<3

I think the first ever game I played was centipede on the Atari in 1984 or 85 , I would spend hours on it and thought it was the most amazing thing ever C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images8BX9O2NR.jpg

rTGPp82.jpg
OcarinaOfTimeBattle.JPG
maxresdefault.jpg

Definitely these classics!

From top to bottom: Runescape, the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Maplestory @Yves

I think the first ever game I played was centipede on the Atari in 1984 or 85 , I would spend hours on it and thought it was the most amazing thing ever View attachment 1157
Aww yes i loved CentiPede - I had it, missile command, and Breakout in a combo called Arcade Smash Hits for the Sega Mastersystem. I used to love all the old-school chip music as well.

Back