What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Nexus 6P - Worth it?

puppy1004

Richest Kavala Hobo
Hello,

I was thinking about buying a new phone. I am currently looking at the Nexus 6P and I was wondering if anyone has/had any experience with this phone?

You can also suggest other phones, but no iPhones, Samsung or LG :p
There is not really a budget, I'll pay whatever the phone costs if I like it :)

Sorry for the short post :(

- Puppy1004

Edit: Went for the Galaxy S7 anyway, by far the best camera I have ever seen on a smartphone :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I was thinking about buying a new phone. I am currently looking at the Nexus 6P and I was wondering if anyone has/had any experience with this phone?

You can also suggest other phones, but no iPhones, Samsung or LG :p
There is not really a budget, I'll pay whatever the phone costs if I like it :)

Sorry for the short post :(

- Puppy1004
i know you said no apple, samsung or LG, but i just got the s7 edge (after an S3 and S5) and it's pretty freaking amazing. I thought LG were going to be making the next nexus phone as well but not sure.

i know you said no apple, samsung or LG, but i just got the s7 edge (after an S3 and S5) and it's pretty freaking amazing. I thought LG were going to be making the next nexus phone as well but not sure.
Yeah, but I don't like how the S7 looks :eek:

But I'll keep your advice in mind when I am going to buy a phone.

Yeah, but I don't like how the S7 looks :eek:

But I'll keep your advice in mind when I am going to buy a phone.
Richest Kavala Hobo, but poor in taste ;)

It's a really really nicely designed phone - what is it you dont like about it? Or more specifically - what is it you're looking for in a phone?

Richest Kavala Hobo, but poor in taste ;)

It's a really really nicely designed phone - what is it you dont like about it? Or more specifically - what is it you're looking for in a phone?
Uhm... I don't really like the way it looks :/ Most of my friends think it looks nice, but I really don't see whats beatifull about it ;)

I am looking for a phone that has:
Big screen

4G LTE

(Near)stock android experience

Great camera(Both front and back)

Decent storage space(Minimal 32 GB :p)

Uhm... I don't really like the way it looks :/ Most of my friends think it looks nice, but I really don't see whats beatifull about it ;)

I am looking for a phone that has:
Big screen

4G LTE

(Near)stock android experience

Great camera(Both front and back)

Decent storage space(Minimal 32 GB :p)
I've got a 5.5" Quad HD screen on this, 4G LTE, Very toned down TouchWiz, excellent 12mp camera which is fantastic in Low Light, 32GB internal with support for up to 200GB Micro SD!

the S7 is just a 5.1" display, though it has the same resolution, so higher pixel density.

Though pretty much every phone on the market should cater to what you want, it's all down to your personal preference.

I've got a 5.5" Quad HD screen on this, 4G LTE, Very toned down TouchWiz, excellent 12mp camera which is fantastic in Low Light, 32GB internal with support for up to 200GB Micro SD!

the S7 is just a 5.1" display, though it has the same resolution, so higher pixel density.

Though pretty much every phone on the market should cater to what you want, it's all down to your personal preference.
Nexus 6p gas a 5.7" :p

but yeah, thans in advance. Ill consider Tour advies :)

I have a nexus 6P! For me I'm a fan of stock android and this phone really hits the spot! 

The screen is amazing and so is the performance. Unlike the older nexus camera's I have nothing to complain about this time! The ability to record 4K with the rear camera is superb! And the front facing 1080P camera is pretty swanky too! 

The battery life suits me I finish the day off with about 30℅ remaining. And with the type C quick charge if you need abit more juice then 15 minutes charging will do!

Alot of people complain about it looking like a barcode scanner but in person it looks great and feels great! Denifently my most appreciated phone yet!

It also comes with a free 90 days of google play music!

Hope this helps. Any question's let me know!

If you don't mind compromising a couple of features such as NFC, take a look at the OnePlus 2. It's got pretty damned stock android, Snapdragon 810 (Same processor as HTC One M9, Xperia Z3+ and LG G Flex 2, so not at all slow), 4 gigs of ram and a 5.5" 1080p screen. Camera is more than decent IMO as well (4K video etc). 

Best of all it's £249 with free shipping at https://oneplus.net/uk/2.

I have a nexus 6P! For me I'm a fan of stock android and this phone really hits the spot! 

The screen is amazing and so is the performance. Unlike the older nexus camera's I have nothing to complain about this time! The ability to record 4K with the rear camera is superb! And the front facing 1080P camera is pretty swanky too! 

The battery life suits me I finish the day off with about 30℅ remaining. And with the type C quick charge if you need abit more juice then 15 minutes charging will do!

Alot of people complain about it looking like a barcode scanner but in person it looks great and feels great! Denifently my most appreciated phone yet!

It also comes with a free 90 days of google play music!

Hope this helps. Any question's let me know!
Thanks Johnyyy <3

If you don't mind compromising a couple of features such as NFC, take a look at the OnePlus 2. It's got pretty damned stock android, Snapdragon 810 (Same processor as HTC One M9, Xperia Z3+ and LG G Flex 2, so not at all slow), 4 gigs of ram and a 5.5" 1080p screen. Camera is more than decent IMO as well (4K video etc). 

Best of all it's £249 with free shipping at https://oneplus.net/uk/2.
Hmmmmm... I would go for that phone if I'd like the design :p I personally love Nexus phones when it comes to their design :D But I use NFC to pay when I forget my wallet(Which happens, like all the time :/)

So many things to consider when buying a phone

I work for a well known brand that sells all the major networks in the uk. Not advertising there! S7 is best phone available at the minute, specs are amazing, build is spot on, it out performs the lot.

nexus range doesnt have the screen definition, camera features, IP67 rating, superfast lte support or the build quality. It feels a bit cheap.

The samsung would be best to buy in 3 months though once the prices have settled from launch/release prices. You always pay a premium to get a phone early or the week it comes out. The edge is the larger model but feels on par with iphone 6 due to curves, despite same screen size as 6 plus. The super amoled display also allows for an always on display (think e ink style) showing time and notifications all the time without killing the battery.

free around 49.99 a month, 10gb  data on the uks number one 4g network.

Yes, You know who I work for and the network im talking about, Im not look for an advertising ban so thats as vague as I can be.

oh, wireless charging and quick charging too!

I work for a well known brand that sells all the major networks in the uk. Not advertising there! S7 is best phone available at the minute, specs are amazing, build is spot on, it out performs the lot.

nexus range doesnt have the screen definition, camera features, IP67 rating, superfast lte support or the build quality. It feels a bit cheap.

The samsung would be best to buy in 3 months though once the prices have settled from launch/release prices. You always pay a premium to get a phone early or the week it comes out. The edge is the larger model but feels on par with iphone 6 due to curves, despite same screen size as 6 plus. The super amoled display also allows for an always on display (think e ink style) showing time and notifications all the time without killing the battery.

free around 49.99 a month, 10gb  data on the uks number one 4g network.

Yes, You know who I work for and the network im talking about, Im not look for an advertising ban so thats as vague as I can be.

oh, wireless charging and quick charging too!
Hmmmm... Now I am reconsidering again... :(
Oh, I have no clue what network you work for :p I am dutch, we have different providers here ;)

Edit: I like that you can use the S7 in the shower

Back