What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Mini map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

wagwan piff ting wats ur bbm pin
Lifetime Donator
Hello People,

I have recently changed the UI as you would have seen on the most recent update and I would like your thoughts on the mini map. I would like to hear what you think of only seeing the mini map while in a vehicle to clean up the overall feel of the hud as I feel we should aim for a minimalist feel. Now I know one point will be brought up will be around police and nhs blips etc however you still have access the main map that you can use to view them also while you can still see the mini map while in a vehicle 🙂 

e412109ce58e4b3851f859cb7f122a07.jpg

2ce854b2b71a03865ac8512d20a93f5a.jpg

Can it be optional / toggleable?

From a medic perspective this is an incredibly useful feature that I’d hate to loose - but as a civ I wouldn’t mind

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't agree more. Mini map shouldn't be seen when on foot, only when in a vehicle. 

Realistic feel etc. etc. If you wanna check the map to see where you are, you simply look at your map as you would. 

I agree with Norman, it should be optional. Feks when i am on as NHS and walking inside buildings looking for a patient it is very useful and helpful but when i play sub its more just in the way.

EDIT POST:

I can add a toggleable minimap which is off by default which you can turn on/off or restrict the use of minimap to nhs only (throwing ideas out here) remember that it depends on the majority opinions and vote. I personally think it should be only used in a vehicle 🙂 If you could vote it down if you do not wish for it to change to see a clear vote :mad:)

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT POST:

I can add a toggleable minimap which is off by default which you can turn on/off or restrict the use of minimap to nhs only (throwing ideas out here) remember that it depends on the majority opinions and vote. I personally think it should be only used in a vehicle 🙂 If you could vote it down if you do not wish for it to change to see a clear vote :mad:)
I think that toggleable minimap which is off by default is a great Idea. pretty much pleases everyone. Those that wants it can use it and those that dont can not. 

I think that toggleable minimap which is off by default is a great Idea. pretty much pleases everyone. Those that wants it can use it and those that dont can not. 
Only issue here is balance. It's like the crosshair thing. Devs added the crosshair back to give those who do not use an external problem the same advantage as those who do. 

It's either it's off for everyone or it's on for everyone, in my opinion. 

The reasoning used to have it on is just people wanting to be lazy and not check their main map, or at least that's how I'm perceiving it. 

Only issue here is balance. It's like the crosshair thing. Devs added the crosshair back to give those who do not use an external problem the same advantage as those who do. 

It's either it's off for everyone or it's on for everyone, in my opinion. 

The reasoning used to have it on is just people wanting to be lazy and not check their main map, or at least that's how I'm perceiving it. 

If its available to everyone its not an advantage. The only people with a real advantage is the police but again i think it is pretty realistic. I dont know how it is in the UK but Norwegian police can see live positions of other units on their workphone. Civilians can see maps and their location on their phone as well using google maps. Dont see any issues with it other than taking up space. 

Would it have a function on the phone ike a GPS app? That toggles it when pressing and holding up the phone?

When you put away the phone and not in a car it goes away?

Would it have a function on the phone ike a GPS app? That toggles it when pressing and holding up the phone?

When you put away the phone and not in a car it goes away?
I think the idea of having your phone out and then the minimap displays is a really good idea 🙂

So after @Stavik idea I have done the suggested idea with screen shots below 🙂

ab76f9b296fd1609f03a88bc9bb465ba.jpg
65cf57d4429cda72867f6d52c0599246.jpg
5242f51e6462a8178222f7ba0fce8c72.jpg

From the votes I will add the minimap to be only used in the vehicle and phone. Will adapt in the future if needed 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back