What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

lower/stop the gun import for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikolai

Busy CoC man
Staff Team
Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police Trainer
Brief Summary:

lower/remove the import of guns for a while, revert the meta back to more melee and less guns.

Detailed Suggestion:

i mean i would say it's pretty simple, lower or remove the import of guns for a while(maybe like 6 months or so?) to try and change back the meta to have more melee weapon related crimes and less gun related crimes, server is getting a bit stale having a gun pointed at your face every 10 minutes whilst doing police patrols, lowering the amount of guns, does a few things.

1. makes guns less used bringing more RP possibilities.

2. Melee weapons make a comeback like they did at the start of the server, making fights and wars more enjoyable

i do personally think myself the whole gun meta is getting a bit boring and repetetive scenarios(not saying this will stop simply due to the guns being stopped imported for a while) is getting more and more common, from both police and civ side, most of the time from police is(from what i hear) breaching for the sake of it, and civilians tend to also resort to guns if they can, not always to use, but just overall.

so i mean, the main things i want from this, is no guns or lowered amount of gun imports(could always say the border control security has increased, or something) so they become more rare once more gets lost or taken from crims.
either make the gun parts for gangs more resource heavy(aka raise the amount of materials needed for gun parts/gun making)
change how police works with guns once gun crimes have been lowered in how often they happen so it's only firearms that can use them IF they need to(aka for big bank and such) and not just a daily patrol kind of thing.

The Pros:

possibly more fun RP scenarios

The Cons:

Ree

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yes, alot

I do agree with this to the most part, maybe bring like gang melee weapons to still have something unique like the pistols for battles (The Hustler Bat is a good example for this) It would also stop constant gun shootings everywhere u go with gangs. Lets say give gangs something from their backstory to fight with, that makes them more unique + to stop the instant shooting situation on the server. +1

I do agree with this to the most part, maybe bring like gang melee weapons to still have something unique like the pistols for battles (The Hustler Bat is a good example for this) It would also stop constant gun shootings everywhere u go with gangs. Lets say give gangs something from their backstory to fight with, that makes them more unique + to stop the instant shooting situation on the server. +1
Also to add to this, if you are going to a shootout not 100% of the time people are going to be bringing big machinery, it would mainly be small pistols sometimes maybe a .50

Also to add to this, if you are going to a shootout not 100% of the time people are going to be bringing big machinery, it would mainly be small pistols sometimes maybe a .50
could also mean that less guns = return of gun mechanics, since people have a issue with that aswell

In my opinion, there's a lot of reasons you might think there's 'a lot of guns' in the server.

1) There's barely anything to do in the server for criminals/gangs and guns don't get taken from crims

2) Criminals spend hours at a time grinding for guns for a 'win hungry' cop to make TC and have around 5 firearms trained units on scene

3) The shit that gangs get for using guns often for them to be taken by cops is unreal. They're roleplaying as a gang and get OOC abuse for shooting all the time

If more things are taken from criminals I doubt you'll find many criminals logging onto the server anymore I'll be honest. You might think that just because we're in a UK server that there won't be a lot of gun crime but we're still playing a game for people to have fun at the end of the day, no disrespect to you Nikolai or the post but I think the server is at a little bit of a stale state where it's a little repetitive and not many people have that 'roleplay' attitude. More and more people are worried about the guns they spent a couple hours to grind and get at the end of it. I think this comes with some other suggestions from before where people are saying there needs to be a content update for criminals (which I'm sure it's in the works) and not getting things taken from them and talked shit about all the time (not that you are here) in general.

I do see both sides being cop and crim and have been in both positions for a long time on the server but I really don't think this post is it..

In my opinion, there's a lot of reasons you might think there's 'a lot of guns' in the server.

1) There's barely anything to do in the server for criminals/gangs and guns don't get taken from crims

2) Criminals spend hours at a time grinding for guns for a 'win hungry' cop to make TC and have around 5 firearms trained units on scene

3) The shit that gangs get for using guns often for them to be taken by cops is unreal. They're roleplaying as a gang and get OOC abuse for shooting all the time

If more things are taken from criminals I doubt you'll find many criminals logging onto the server anymore I'll be honest. You might think that just because we're in a UK server that there won't be a lot of gun crime but we're still playing a game for people to have fun at the end of the day, no disrespect to you Nikolai or the post but I think the server is at a little bit of a stale state where it's a little repetitive and not many people have that 'roleplay' attitude. More and more people are worried about the guns they spent a couple hours to grind and get at the end of it. I think this comes with some other suggestions from before where people are saying there needs to be a content update for criminals (which I'm sure it's in the works) and not getting things taken from them and talked shit about all the time (not that you are here) in general.

I do see both sides being cop and crim and have been in both positions for a long time on the server but I really don't think this post is it..

What he said, Besides this a mentality thing, so this will just be a temporary band-aid for the inevitable of people going around shooting.

Spent to much time thinking on how to buff cops when all it did was make certain cops use the abilities they have to fuck over someone that almost looks like someone is holding a grudge, if it goes to the point of having to impound all of someone's cars that are stored away for 20k for illegal tints than you know there is an issue.

With all the equipment that cops got added since August last year, it has made it for a great unbalance of things because there wasn't something to "counter" the equipment that got added to cops the only thing that kinda "saved" crims for a bit has been the storage containers but thats it.

Cop Equipment since August:

--> Seeing House location on PNC

--> Scopes for Guns

--> More Guns

--> Drones

--> Traffic Cameras

--> Overpowered ANPR (Shouldn't say someone has a warrant and should actually be something manually searched to incentivize double crewing, it can say cars stolen thats fine)

--> Nerfed Weapons in general (this is for both cops and crims tbh)

--> Being Able to see Text Messages

--> Armored Vehicles

--> 5000 Storage Truck

Crim Equipment since August:

--> Storage containers

--> Upped Prices in Guns

--> Racing Laptops

Good luck getting people to join the criminal side when you don't have a criminal side anymore or anything appealing to even be in the criminal side of things in the server and this isn't me taking a dig at devs because the things cops got added make sense and they should have it (If anything POLCOM is to be blamed)  BUT it all falls along with the same argument that was said about crims when gangs were asking for their own "specialty" or item that you can only obtain from them, "With Great power comes Great responsibility" gangs were bashed for the fact that if they add something like that they would abuse that fact well the same can be said about current police state with all their tools. TLDR The tools are being abused and i can count by hand the cops that don't and most of them have a crim character so they understand the other side and there is still a select few that only have a cop char and understand but the other ones are just gonna twat you for maximum possible punishment.

Sorry for the cringe phrase at the end but honestly think its the best way to describe it.

(Me waiting until i get cops reeing me for complaining about cops.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the only thing I actually do now a days is being an independent gun dealer and removing this is just taking away the only thing I kind of enjoy to do, this is just my own personal opinion, there is basically nothing for majority criminals to do now a days, this will only be one less, I enjoy the hours I spend negotiating deals for weapons. 

I do however agree it would be nice to see more melee stuff but I think the past 6 months since the change in the market of pistols the server has stabled in terms of randomers / people who shouldn't have weapons not having them, you still however get the odd fella who just wants to rdm getting their hands on one but that's RP,

this is a - 1 from me 

Over the last year the amount of guns on the server hasn't actually gone up, 

If you want less guns pointed at your face on a police patrol, stop trying to instantly taze people or ram people in a car chase (the amount of stupid speed TC's I've seen). From a crim point of view, why try and roleplay or lead a chase if your instantly going to get shut down, which leads to people just shooting there way out. Amount of times I've seen hostage negations get pushed and the hostage dies when there's 14 police officers there with 8-9 cars but would rather breach then have a car chase??? (This isn't pointed at you Nikolai but in general) 

Speaking from the gun manufacturing side, your also kill a massive part of the economy,  wouldn't surprise me if theres about 30-40 million worth of materials used every month to just make weapons, which would just kill the very little mining and smelting that gets done on the server.

(My opinion and not of the staff team)

Probably the only thing I actually do now a days is being an independent gun dealer and removing this is just taking away the only thing I kind of enjoy to do, this is just my own personal opinion, there is basically nothing for majority criminals to do now a days, this will only be one less, I enjoy the hours I spend negotiating deals for weapons. 

I do however agree it would be nice to see more melee stuff but I think the past 6 months since the change in the market of pistols the server has stabled in terms of randomers / people who shouldn't have weapons not having them, you still however get the odd fella who just wants to rdm getting their hands on one but that's RP,

this is a - 1 from me 
The melee thing is something in my opinion, gang leads should try and enforce to like "start" wars per say, if i am not mistaken the last Meele war was between Grove and Ballas (Like 6 months ago) and all the confrontations we had with Ballas were always like that to begin any beef or wars i think that these things should happen more often between groups its more fun than people think but somehow people just go guns first or don't try to go for melee wars that often anymore which is sad to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though i think the amount of guns on the server is a joke and i wish their were more melee fights then gunfights, What else can criminals do? With the little criminals can do currently i think it would probably cause more problems then good as server would be removing one more aspect for the gangs / criminals while their is still little to do in the first place.

If their was lots of stuff for criminal characters then i would agree as like i said the amount of guns is stupid and the people holding them (From recent experience) dont ALWAYS provide the best RP before they start shooting HOWEVER with the current server meta i dont think this would be fair and would cause more problems.

I haven't seen the meta 6 months ago but I honestly don't see that excessive amount you're talking about. I literally only do police patrols and talk to quite the few people but only rarely get a gun pointed at me and when you do get one pulled onto you it's whatever. You win some you lose some.

DJ has a point with how crims/people are approached in terms of the (roleplay) mentality. Though I know Nikolai is not one with a win-only mentality.

I think just with the recent developments between gangs and police that this is just a phase we will need get through.

As for now its a -1 from me

Weapon meta on the server is a difficult topic for sure, but anything you do please never suggest to increase the materials needed to craft something, especially guns. I don’t think people understand the grind of a civ life to get a gun. People involved in the business spend hours mining and smelting, especially steel in large quantities. People trying to buy one spend hours grinding the money, and it costs A LOT of money. The risk of losing a gun is far too great cause it’s so easy to lose 2-3 days of hard work when an officer searches you or you get stabbed and dumped. 

I don’t think guns are the problem. It’s really hard to get one, so not everyone on the server has access to one. Only the people who have been on the server long enough to understand how the gun market works. Unfortunately most problems on the server, like this one, comes from the same issue. The mentality of the community. Change the rules or the meta or whatever. As long as we are dealing with the same players who play the game the same way and never change their mentality, the server will stay the same. 

Prices on guns 

People do not understand that the price on the guns is also set by the players. What do I mean by this?

The prices on the materials that go into the guns. People want more and more money for steel, copper, ect…. It adds onto the overall price on the gun / bullets.

If you want cheaper bullets/ guns. Lower your prices too on the materials. 

So, there is clearly a lot of guns in the server, there’s no doubt about that - but as it stands I don’t think the answer is removing the import. I personally think what’s been happening with the damage has had an impact, there seems to be less 2-bit gangsters pulling their M1911s at every chance from what I’ve seen in game, seen on streams and heard. 

Now I don’t actually have a crim character that’s into guns etc… I mained cop for a long time, now I play a bit more of my solicitor but at one time I did play as crim heavily in the Singh Family, back then I tried to avoid gunplay as I didn’t enjoy it as much (much prefer meetings and business sort of things, reckon I’ve only ever shot like 4 people in 1.5 years across all characters 😄 ) - however there isn’t exactly loads and loads available for low level criminals that pay decently. I understand developing content takes a long time (not a complaint there), but I think the key to reducing constant gunfights is to give more things to do, rather than taking something else away. 

For now,  -1 from me, but that may chance in future depending on what new content comes. 

right well, i obviously expected downvotes coming into this would be foolish of me not to, and i did expect comments, but not the amount we've gotten, nor the constructive information i've gotten.
i'll try and get a few points in here and there to state my opinions on some stuff 🙂

i agree with all 3 points made here.
1. i don't doubt the devs are working on something in regards to civilian life, it's just a waiting game for it to be announced
2. again, yes, TCing is happening too quick sometimes but that's a mentality thing that needs to be changed by respectable unit commands within police
3. i don't mind them using guns, i would just prefer more melee related stuff from gangs 😉

Cop Equipment since August:

--> Seeing House location on PNC

--> Scopes for Guns

--> More Guns

--> Drones

--> Traffic Cameras

--> Overpowered ANPR (Shouldn't say someone has a warrant and should actually be something manually searched to incentivize double crewing, it can say cars stolen thats fine)

--> Being Able to see Text Messages
-> Seeing House location on PNC: would say that to some extent makes sense, IRL adresses would be kept somewhere for police no?
-> Scopes for Guns: not the end of the world addition imo, most people have them for looks since you'll need to be in first person to use it anyway, though it may increase accuracy?
-> More Guns: got some, lost some AFAIK
--> Drones: rarely used, with only a handful or 2 of people that can use them actively(maybe only 5 of those that are actively playing the server
--> Traffic Cameras: seems fine imo, don't know how they work IRL though
-> Overpowered ANPR (Shouldn't say someone has a warrant and should actually be something manually searched to incentivize double crewing, it can say cars stolen thats fine): pretty sure a ANPR would state if a car has a wanted owner IRL aswell, or atleast give notes on former convictions so police can use proper strategy depending on notes(AKA. gun/violence notes would need a more careful approach and so on)
--> Nerfed Weapons in general (this is for both cops and crims tbh): goes for both sides
--> Being Able to see Text Messages: not something we can just do, need a reason to, go through the courts, it's a longer process than some Inspector or CI to just have a looksie somewhere when they want to
note police IRL, literally only 18, so i don't know how police works, besides danish and british police is most likely alot different.

Valid opinion.

If you want less guns pointed at your face on a police patrol, stop trying to instantly taze people or ram people in a car chase (the amount of stupid speed TC's I've seen). From a crim point of view, why try and roleplay or lead a chase if your instantly going to get shut down, which leads to people just shooting there way out. Amount of times I've seen hostage negations get pushed and the hostage dies when there's 14 police officers there with 8-9 cars but would rather breach then have a car chase??? (This isn't pointed at you Nikolai but in general)
already talked about TC stuff further up, so i'll stick to the breaching part.(given i have no power to breach stuff myself)
yes, breaches happen too quick and/or when it isn't safe to do so imo, i don't know the rules about breaching, but i have a feeling that if hostages are inside, they may need to reconsider breaching for their safety.

I think just with the recent developments between gangs and police that this is just a phase we will need get through.
you're probably not wrong.

all the stuff i want to point out, the rest is either something i agree with, or have no counter points to.
also glad to see most the police complaining is not targetted towards me, must be doing something correct 😉 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back