What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Low FPS in FiveM

Tommo

Hi hope someone can help. I am getting max 35FPS in game.

Here are my specs
Intel Core i5 - 11600K 12M Cache 3.9GHz
32GB RAM 2133 MHz
Nvdia RTX 4080 Super
NVME Drive

Here are all my settings.

Please can anyone help, i know people with similar PC's getting into the 100s

1715714887897.png

1715714902884.png

1715714925216.png

1715714942364.png

1715714978027.png

1715714990971.png

1715715004829.png

1715715033115.png

Attachments

• 1715715015984.png
    1715715015984.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 3
Check task manager to see if your ram is actually running that speed. 2133 is JEDEC speed for DDR4 (speed wih XMP disabled).
If XMP is enabled.
What motherboard do you have?
What CPU cooler do you have?
Download HWinfo and Cinebench then run a single core test with the sensors tab of HWinfo open and provide me with the screenshots of the telemetry as well as the active clock speeds.
Also Fullscreen Exclusive is the best option for the smoothest gameplay.

Thanks for your help,

I have put the task manager screenshot below
I think XMP Profile is enabled
MB Asrock b540m Pro4
CPU Cooler - Deepcool Assassin 3

Here you go

1715720113991.png

Here is the requested from Cinebench

1715721331112.png

@Tommo

XMP Is disabled.

Also you have a single 32gb stick which is heavily nerfing your performance here.

For the best performance a dual rank ram configuration is required this can be achieved with either 4x8gb sticks or 2x16gb.

typically 2x16gb is better for achieving the lowest latencys possible when tuning ram which i assume you won't be doing, So your decision will essentially boil down to the configuration of your motherboard and whats most cost effective. I recommend you buy some teamgroup 3200 c14.

Your effective cpu clock seems to be low too.

I assume you mean your motherboard is a ASRock B560M Pro4, This isn't the best motherboard to pair with a 11600k but it seems like it has a decent enough power phase so you might be able to increase the power limits to maximize cpu performace as long as it doesn't thermally throttle. (only if the motherboard has this feature)

Usually you want a Z motherboard with unlocked (K) CPU's to get the most out of them.

I will enable XMP and hope that this makes things better.

I did have 2 16GB Sticks, but only one of the slots on my MB seems to be working so i bought a 32GB Stick instead.

@Tommo
Yeah 1 stick is slowww.
Try and find a cheap Z490 or Z590 if you've got a full size case.
You can lock the cpu clock speed to around 5ghz, That with some low latency ram will basically max out your parts.

Your FPS is low to a point that doesn't suggest to me your memory nor CPU clock speed would be the main cause here.

Change your "soft shadows" to NVIDIA PCSS, first.

Secondly, turn down Extended Distance Scaling in the advanced graphics options. This way, we can eliminate some variables.

I will buy a 2nd 32GB stick like what i have, is Asrock the best MB to get or should i look at any that are better with my setup?

@Tommo
Whatever is most cost effective for you, Just be mindful. Some of the older DDR4 can be quad rank with 2x32gb If my memory serves me correctly. This can also slightly hinder performance.
On top of that ram is best bought in a kit, Even if you buy seperate sticks from the same manufacturer with the same primary timings, the secondary timing could be different causing your system to not boot (would require manual tuning and lots of testing).
At this point any Z490/Z590 you can find for a decent price will serve you well so you can't really go wrong.

The telemetry doesn't lie...
2133hmz single rank is as bad as ddr4 performance can be. I had a ddr3 kit tuned to 2400mhz with a 4770k in 2014!

You're cpu is is averaging 4.2ghz which in it's self isn't to bad, However it's dipping down well below that to 2.7ghz.
You're maximum clock speed was nearly 4.8ghz at 1.490v producing 74 degrees... Maybe you motherboards throttle limit is set to 75 degrees and encroaching this temprature reduces voltage=clockspeed to cool down.

Don't forget that cpu bound games are very much so ram bound games(latency). This is why amd's X3D chips are so good... Also as a side note when your cpu's work rate is reduced this hinders the amount of information the gpu can deliver.

Last edited:
I ran this benchmark, not sure if this helps?

The XMP Profile has improved the situation by around 30-40 FPS, would like to push it a bit more though or play higher settings.

I'm not a pro with benchmarks but im guessing this means i need a new CPU?

1715758768898.png
1715758781649.png

@Tommo
3DMark is the best software you can use, It's heavily logged and there will be multiple scores from people with the same cpu/gpu so will give you a rough idea of whats achievable for your machine.
I just found your score on there website and looked at the detailed log.
Something looks wrong,
Your score is the lowest on the list with a CPU score of 7369... Closer to 10000 should realistically be achievable for you with a good motherboard and cooler. I'm also seeing that it thinks your clock speed can go up to 6ghz which makes no sense because this chips max out around 5.2ghz if you're very lucky, this could just be weird "glitch" but it's still worth going into the bios to investigate.

You don't need a new CPU, You just need to improve the CPU you already have.
Ram is gonna be a starting point (better ram=higher CPU score). They go hand in hand so always max out your ram, Stay away from those corsair kits.
Buy ram with the tightest timings, Mhz is not the important figure with ram... E.g 3600Mhz kits can easily be beaten by 3200mhz kits if the timings are better..(lower timings=lower latency)
1 ram stick (single channel) is 20% slower then 2 sticks (dual channel). dual rank (2x16gb) is also up to 15% on top of that.
So you need to buy 2x16gb 3600mhz c14 (c14 being cas latency=most important value)

Last edited:
@Tommo
You're motherboard doesn't support overclocking, Would more so be to ensure the settings are correct.
At this point i think your best option would to find a cheap ram kit second hand on ebay and call it a day.
Makes no sense buying a motherboard AND ram for the cpu you already have unless you can get em for a really good price, If you were to go through the trouble of replacing those parts it makes sense to just upgrade to a ddr5 platform

@Tommo
I just remembered you said your ram slot is broken on your motherboard. This still leaves you in the market for a motherboard too, Just be sure to weigh up the price difference of staying ddr4 or upgrading to a ddr5 platform before you make a decision.

I put these in my basket last night, but now i'm 50/50 as you said the corsair kits are no good

1715774259183.png

@Tommo
Thats not a bad choosing but you can sweeten it up. Go for a KF CPU, F means there's no intergrated graphics so you can make a saving there.
14600kf is the one to go for. It goes blow for blow with 13700k and is £100 cheaper
Corsair in DDR5 can be very good, But not at cas 36 like that kit. 6000 cas 30 is goated.
1715775085787.png

Sounds good, thanks for that mate, hopefully see an improvement with this

Im guessing my Assassin III will be ok with this build or should i upgrade that?

yeah that cooler will work, Just buy a contact frame for 13/14th gen intel too.
what case do you have? does it support full atx size motherboards?

Back