What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Long load times with Squad.XML's

Mycaelis

Yeastological Expert
Howdy folks,

For those using squad.xml's and struggling with long load times to the Altis Server, I was developing a little tool to help everyone, but unfortunately my tool I was going to use has had its free license expire and I'm too lazy to fork out £250 for a full one.

Essentially though:

- Long load times are caused by too many names in the squad.xml.
- At most, no more than 10 names per squad.xml, ideally though, 5 or less is preferred.

If you want to speed up long load times, you'll need to create multiple squad.xml files with a few people in each one.
It's a pain in the arse to do manually, but maybe in a months time I'll either pay for the full license of my tool suite, or figure out how to use the cut down free version.

Howdy folks,

For those using squad.xml's and struggling with long load times to the Altis Server, I was developing a little tool to help everyone, but unfortunately my tool I was going to use has had its free license expire and I'm too lazy to fork out £250 for a full one.

Essentially though:

- Long load times are caused by too many names in the squad.xml.
- At most, no more than 10 names per squad.xml, ideally though, 5 or less is preferred.

If you want to speed up long load times, you'll need to create multiple squad.xml files with a few people in each one.
It's a pain in the arse to do manually, but maybe in a months time I'll either pay for the full license of my tool suite, or figure out how to use the cut down free version.
I can confirm, we had like a 10 minute load time to get in the server changed it to 3 names per file and instantly in now.

+1

What was the tool you were going to use?
Essentially I was scripting it with PowerShell and making a GUI via PowerShell Studio, the trial version is simply too basic for me to do what I want.
SAIPEN do have a free version, called PrimalForms, but it's a ballache to use unfortunately.

Back