What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Let's address the legal job shortage...

Jack Wiltshire

I spend a lot of time in the city, a lot of which is making small chit chat to anyone and everyone. There seems to be a general consensus amongst many others that the legal side of earning a living is flat & boring. Here are a few initial ideas I have thought of:

Bus Driver
Inclusion of a bus depot that works similar to the way Taxi jobs do, where a route is planned, NPC characters come and use the bus. This opens up some new RP opportunities in terms of players using the buses as customers (people who are banned from driving perhaps) and also advertising opportunities on the side of buses.

Street Sweeper
The Los Santos Sanitation department requires employees to drive Street Sweepers to keep the streets of Los Santos clean! This job could be paid per mile, or alternately upon completion of a route.

Garbage Collection
It's no secret that LS is full of garbage bins... every street. These bins need emptying, pre defined routes to keep the Waste Management of Los Santos running smoothly. Either paid per bin, or upon return to the Waste Management Depot.

Property Maintenance
The city doesn't run itself. Street lights break, speed cameras get cut, pot holes form in the roads. This would be another great option for a legal job. Will also create RP opportunities for businesses to have maintenance controls with businesses. (To fix tills and or alarm systems etc)

Yes, I completely understand there is taxi driving, commercial, fishing and mechanics. But we need more non whitelisted legal opportunities.

We have the best RP server in the world.

Lets make it even better.

Hugo Sinclair/Jack Wiltshire

I agree, I would also like to see the train added to the server and a train driver job.

Bus Driver
Inclusion of a bus depot that works similar to the way Taxi jobs do, where a route is planned, NPC characters come and use the bus. This opens up some new RP opportunities in terms of players using the buses as customers (people who are banned from driving perhaps) and also advertising opportunities on the side of buses.
I can help with this as I have been a local service bus driver in the past. Part of the route should be sitting at stops or at least not leaving stops until after a set time. The rule when I was driving buses is there is always an excuse to be late, never an excuse to leave early.

I agree, I would also like to see the train added to the server and a train driver job.

I can help with this as I have been a local service bus driver in the past. Part of the route should be sitting at stops or at least not leaving stops until after a set time. The rule when I was driving buses is there is always an excuse to be late, never an excuse to leave early.
I love this mate, really good point! 

I love this mate, really good point! 
Would also stop people blasting around the city at 60mph in a bus.

I think it should have a countdown timer between each stop which you get penalised if you leave the next stop before the timer resets. This timer needs to be worked out based on driving at the speed limit +10% as thats basically how real world bus services run although they only have timing points roughly every 5 minutes.

Personally I do agree there is not enough "legal Jobs" but i also think that Shop owners have it easy and the RP could be improved and more jobs provided if we got rid of that food chains/ gas shops / bar and pubs earn money without being there. I think every business should be like the Dealerships and Garages, they have to be there to earn, RP would improve the whole city because people need food they go to gas stations, they go to food shops or bars and clubs. it would improve everything as I feel stuff easy to get which limits what people can and can't do.

Also I think we should have a new government not that the other one is bad or anything, it's just people are having good ideas and I think there could be a easier way to get them going, I also understand that it's due to devs time and if they can do it but...… I think what should happen is people make a business plan.... that business plan goes into the government the council/government who discuss if they think it is good enough. Once they pass it and say it's okay it does not mean it is defo going to happen because then it goes to the planning permission - is then where the devs see if it is doable and gives them time to get what they need to do done, if it is doable and the planning permission is granted. it goes to one more meeting and find out what it will provide for the city? will it create jobs? do they have the funding to pay staff? I'd also explain this in a TS chat or something if staff are interested, i understand your busy but i think it would help both above...... shops not being run afk and new goverment idea.

In my opinion if you don't own a business, work for police/nhs or gang.. your roleplay seems bit limited to earn money... not everyone wants to be in a gang or arrested for illegal activites.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I do agree there is not enough "legal Jobs" but i also think that Shop owners have it easy and the RP could be improved and more jobs provided if we got rid of that food chains/ gas shops / bar and pubs earn money without being there. I think every business should be like the Dealerships and Garages, they have to be there to earn, RP would improve the whole city because people need food they go to gas stations, they go to food shops or bars and clubs. it would improve everything as I feel stuff easy to get which limits what people can and can't do.

Also I think we should have a new government not that the other one is bad or anything, it's just people are having good ideas and I think there could be a easier way to get them going, I also understand that it's due to devs time and if they can do it but...… I think what should happen is people make a business plan.... that business plan goes into the government the council/government who discuss if they think it is good enough. Once they pass it and say it's okay it does not mean it is defo going to happen because then it goes to the planning permission - is then where the devs see if it is doable and gives them time to get what they need to do done, if it is doable and the planning permission is granted. it goes to one more meeting and find out what it will provide for the city? will it create jobs? do they have the funding to pay staff? I'd also explain this in a TS chat or something if staff are interested, i understand your busy but i think it would help both above...... shops not being run afk and new goverment idea.

In my opinion if you don't own a business, work for police/nhs or gang.. your roleplay seems bit limited to earn money... not everyone wants to be in a gang or arrested for illegal activites.  
When I got my gas station I had to provide an in depth business plan of how I was going to make it good for the city. Granted my plan has changed due to space limitations but I have a revised plan which should create more jobs and far more RP for the community as a whole when they visit my gas station (provided it gets approved and implemented)

Also running a gas station isn't a cash cow. It's very low profit margins and requires someone to go into the station at least once per day to put an order in for fuel which creates a job for others not affiliated with the station to complete.

I pay delivery drivers a fair pay for the distance they have to travel and infact probably over pay when you consider I pay the same as a fuel station based in Paleto and my station is less than 5 minutes away from the fuel dept.

As for saying that to get anywhere you have to join a gang or police etc I have done neither and neither have I committed any crimes (except speeding and running red lights). I have been in the city since 8th August 2023 so less than 2 months and am running a business and doing 3 other legal jobs that are all player driven jobs. I rarely have to do any taxi work and when I do it's because I just want to chill out now with the easy option.

My recommendation to players who think that it's hard to "win" in RPUK is to stop trying to become a millionaire in record time and concentrate on interacting with other players. Go hang out at a car dealership or in a bar, talk to the other people there. The real way to win in RPUK is to build up a big list of friends in the game who will RP with you as soon as they see you.

There are not many places I go in the city now that I don't get some really fun RP.

When I got my gas station I had to provide an in depth business plan of how I was going to make it good for the city. Granted my plan has changed due to space limitations but I have a revised plan which should create more jobs and far more RP for the community as a whole when they visit my gas station (provided it gets approved and implemented)

Also running a gas station isn't a cash cow. It's very low profit margins and requires someone to go into the station at least once per day to put an order in for fuel which creates a job for others not affiliated with the station to complete.

I pay delivery drivers a fair pay for the distance they have to travel and infact probably over pay when you consider I pay the same as a fuel station based in Paleto and my station is less than 5 minutes away from the fuel dept.

As for saying that to get anywhere you have to join a gang or police etc I have done neither and neither have I committed any crimes (except speeding and running red lights). I have been in the city since 8th August 2023 so less than 2 months and am running a business and doing 3 other legal jobs that are all player driven jobs. I rarely have to do any taxi work and when I do it's because I just want to chill out now with the easy option.

My recommendation to players who think that it's hard to "win" in RPUK is to stop trying to become a millionaire in record time and concentrate on interacting with other players. Go hang out at a car dealership or in a bar, talk to the other people there. The real way to win in RPUK is to build up a big list of friends in the game who will RP with you as soon as they see you.

There are not many places I go in the city now that I don't get some really fun RP.
How much time do you spend on the server? no one said that we want to be a millionaire in record time. it's just trying to improve RP cause i dont think in Real life i would go stand at Ford Dealership ready to make friends lol. Where people joining the server are going to bar/shops to look for people to ask questions and make friends. i never said also that gas stations are bad or that are money cows. just said it would be nice to go to a gas station and have a chat with someone working there. When i first came to server i met someone a Clinton fuels and met someone at Kraken who both helped me learn things. I don't want ways to quickly "WIN" as you put it, just more locals jobs that aren't mind numbing would be nice for others as there is options and same with the government thing. Also dont think gas stations should be able to sell lockpicks and all sorts. i never said gas stations are loaded just said shouldnt be able to earn without being there, filling cars up you should but shouldnt be able to buy from shop if not open 

How much time do you spend on the server? no one said that we want to be a millionaire in record time. it's just trying to improve RP cause i dont think in Real life i would go stand at Ford Dealership ready to make friends lol. Where people joining the server are going to bar/shops to look for people to ask questions and make friends. i never said also that gas stations are bad or that are money cows. just said it would be nice to go to a gas station and have a chat with someone working there. When i first came to server i met someone a Clinton fuels and met someone at Kraken who both helped me learn things. I don't want ways to quickly "WIN" as you put it, just more locals jobs that aren't mind numbing would be nice for others as there is options and same with the government thing. Also dont think gas stations should be able to sell lockpicks and all sorts. i never said gas stations are loaded just said shouldnt be able to earn without being there, filling cars up you should but shouldnt be able to buy from shop if not open 
I get you my gas station doesn't have a shop but I do spend quite a bit of time there. I offer free car cleaning when I am there.

I also work at The Kraken where you can only buy alcohol from a bar tender, the till is basically a vending machine for the other stuff.

Another job I do is security at a car Dealership which again requires people to be there and my third job is as a part time Park Ranger.

It was nothing against you… not everyone can work at car dealership I’ve tried loads it’s always friends. Kraken actually fun I’ve been there few times but that the point I’m making it fun interacting like that. I think you might be missing point it’s not about how much these places earn with no one being there just be nice to rp at these spots more as will not only improve role play but businessefor these spots and ranger a application spot, it’s not easy to get. I just think there needs to be more jobs as I think if someone owed towing that could be more fun same as taxi.

Definitely need to give people enough options so they don't automatically want to be in a gang/commit crime. Crime pays too well, takes the RP value out of everything as you end up getting people selling drugs when their character RP was meant to be a law abiding citizen. I also would be in favour of the idea that people should be terminated pending a cooldown from their work for serious crime. Its all about roleplay and I see far too many people just waving weapons around and selling drugs because they see it as 'the only viable option to make decent money'.

Definitely need to give people enough options so they don't automatically want to be in a gang/commit crime. Crime pays too well, takes the RP value out of everything as you end up getting people selling drugs when their character RP was meant to be a law abiding citizen. I also would be in favour of the idea that people should be terminated pending a cooldown from their work for serious crime. Its all about roleplay and I see far too many people just waving weapons around and selling drugs because they see it as 'the only viable option to make decent money'.
I totally agree with everything you say,  people say oh well i do this and i do that now but you only got to know about them things because you dealt with a gang. Everything at the moment seems to be around gangs and i have no issues with gang i just think the way the government works needs changing too because i hear people say they never reply, can never get hold of them, i think the government could be played in a good RP way same as stop letting shops/bars earn without being open. not only will it help more people get jobs it will also help interaction at these places and create more rp

I totally agree with everything you say,  people say oh well i do this and i do that now but you only got to know about them things because you dealt with a gang. Everything at the moment seems to be around gangs and i have no issues with gang i just think the way the government works needs changing too because i hear people say they never reply, can never get hold of them, i think the government could be played in a good RP way same as stop letting shops/bars earn without being open. not only will it help more people get jobs it will also help interaction at these places and create more rp
Just a note nothing bad haha

CoC there isn't many of them, the dispatch that gets sent will webhook into a channel for them but they have alot going on as only staff can be CoC and most thinks you ask them for still need to go and be approved by management, hence it beeing a tad slow unfortunately

I do agree with the shop part somewhat, i have vinewood bean machine and yes sure most of my sales happen when I'm not online tho the bulk of my sales seem to be around 2/3am, the downside to the needing to be there all the time is that there are going to be times when most of the shops in the city will have 0 workers awake and everyone will be starved hah

The comment on friends as workers, honestly I was planning on hiring plenty of general public and such, but all my employees have to be background checked by the CoC as part of my condition to havein it and then you realise with the stuff you can do it would very easy for someone to fuck you over unfortunately, like if I hire someone to stock my fruit I have to give them storage access, they can then if they want steal all the food I have stocked like 500 smoothies in backup, so you get kinda weary on who you want to hire unfortunately, tho I would love to be able to give some greenhorns some work but not many pop in haha

Also before I forget I think when the food update gets added I would expect resteraunts need to be more hands on and less like a vending machine,

Property Maintenance
The city doesn't run itself. Street lights break, speed cameras get cut, pot holes form in the roads. This would be another great option for a legal job. Will also create RP opportunities for businesses to have maintenance controls with businesses. (To fix tills and or alarm systems etc)
I like this idea, Reminds me of the good Triple A days in arma 

i just think the way the government works needs changing too because i hear people say they never reply, can never get hold of them, i think the government could be played in a good RP way same as stop letting shops/bars earn without being open. not only will it help more people get jobs it will also help interaction at these places and create more rp
hello CoC "lead"(not officially, but i've been there the longest) here.
we're currently 6 members of CoC, myself and 5 other staff/staff lead/management, some who have busy IRL lives and do what they can when they can, unfortunately that does also mean we can't get everything done, which means less interactions with certain things as others take priority.

now, we could just "employ" more people, sure, but CoC involves alot of reading, as to give a example, some of us read about 40k words in the last round of proposals, which is not actively something everyone is interested in, it's unfortunate, but the truth.

so we respond, but it might take a bit to reach you(or your friends)

in regards to the bars and shops earning without being open, it's always been a thing, who knows how that will change when the food update drops, all i can really say is i'm looking into ways to "force" certain types of businesses to be more active, which kinda shops doesn't matter, but they'll know once i'm ready to inform them

hello CoC "lead"(not officially, but i've been there the longest) here.
we're currently 6 members of CoC, myself and 5 other staff/staff lead/management, some who have busy IRL lives and do what they can when they can, unfortunately that does also mean we can't get everything done, which means less interactions with certain things as others take priority.

now, we could just "employ" more people, sure, but CoC involves alot of reading, as to give a example, some of us read about 40k words in the last round of proposals, which is not actively something everyone is interested in, it's unfortunate, but the truth.

so we respond, but it might take a bit to reach you(or your friends)

in regards to the bars and shops earning without being open, it's always been a thing, who knows how that will change when the food update drops, all i can really say is i'm looking into ways to "force" certain types of businesses to be more active, which kinda shops doesn't matter, but they'll know once i'm ready to inform them
I just want to add, I was not saying you’re bad at what you do or your rubbish. I was just trying to think of a new way which could also be enjoyable for RP. Could we make a government that read them abd the once that are decent application the government pass them on to planning permission which is you guys which could add rp as they have to wait for planning permission and less read for you if makes sense. 

Just a note nothing bad haha

CoC there isn't many of them, the dispatch that gets sent will webhook into a channel for them but they have alot going on as only staff can be CoC and most thinks you ask them for still need to go and be approved by management, hence it beeing a tad slow unfortunately

I do agree with the shop part somewhat, i have vinewood bean machine and yes sure most of my sales happen when I'm not online tho the bulk of my sales seem to be around 2/3am, the downside to the needing to be there all the time is that there are going to be times when most of the shops in the city will have 0 workers awake and everyone will be starved hah

The comment on friends as workers, honestly I was planning on hiring plenty of general public and such, but all my employees have to be background checked by the CoC as part of my condition to havein it and then you realise with the stuff you can do it would very easy for someone to fuck you over unfortunately, like if I hire someone to stock my fruit I have to give them storage access, they can then if they want steal all the food I have stocked like 500 smoothies in backup, so you get kinda weary on who you want to hire unfortunately, tho I would love to be able to give some greenhorns some work but not many pop in haha

Also before I forget I think when the food update gets added I would expect resteraunts need to be more hands on and less like a vending machine,
I was not saying cod bad at what they do just looking at new ideas to add Rp abd make easier for them. 

thank you also for more information about shops. Maybe keep the feeding but shops have to hit so many hours of people being there if makes sense and I know your at yours as see you there alot and I like coming for chats same as kraken, I like it cause you and kraken support new people and willing to help if people come 

Back