What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Less server slots

Nikki

Unlinked
Less server slots for better server performance. 

I have noticed when the server is over 300 people on everything starts to slow down and glitch. List will be provided. I think 361 slots is too high. 

Pros for less slots: Maybe cost less. Not sure how they pay for slots.

Less local cars appearing and causing you to crash, Maybe faster NHS dispatch/ Police PNC as i have seen it go a lot slower when the server is more full, I have also arrived to parts of the map where everyone is invisible and map and buildings are not rendering even after relog. Garages will respond faster. All in all when the server is 300+ everything is a lot slower. None of this happens when its 150 to 200. So a drop to 300 would be a good test. 

Also the taxi jobs become scuffed as the clients die before getting to them and they jump out the taxi or right up just don't get in more often on a full pop. 

It is frustrating when I'm driving somewhere or going to a patient and i crash into nothing or someone who is not there on my screen.

Its not fun when cars are popping in and out of existence and falling from the sky.

Maybe setting the NPCs to a lower rate if that's possible might help? I am not a dev though so not sure just thinking. 

Also it will be helpful to the NHS members as i have seen there is me and 2 or 3 other NHS on and its way to hectic and busy and it waters down the roleplay cause everyone is dying so fast and the radio is going with NHS and Police it can be too much sometimes and with 61 less slots this will give the low NHS members on time to RP and more time to respond to calls and less people complaining where is NHS in ooc. 

Also having less slots will slow down the new rule breaking players and admins will have less work in the long run of reports and people spamming ooc chat for admin help.

Cons: Less server slots but i think 300 will cover it.

I think having less slots will slow down and balance everything out. Better server performance. Better roleplay. Better car driving and chases etc. Faster NHS response times. Less pressure on NHS and police. 

Don't just say no in comments. Say why you think its not a good idea or why you think it may be a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personal I'm against lowering it I can see some valid points in your reasoning though like with the NHS but that also comes down to things like maybe run a recruitment drive to get more people into the NHS or make it slightly easier to join the NHS ?

Cost I'm pretty sure the time I have been here the donations never went up from 300 but the slots have I think it was 300 when I first joined

Local cars aren't actually to bad, import cars on the other hand are crazy, like I think the guy Is doing really well but get near Yang's cars when he has like 40 in the carpark and half are imports that taxes the city for sure, you notice it with any event if there are along of imports in one area unfortunately

Jumping back to the NHS you could end up by lowering those 60 slots you end up having to qué to get in, I can recall waiting for upto 50mins sometimes to get into the server after 8pm

For alot of these issues i managed to kind of get around alot of them by doing things like increasing the extended texture budget to around 60-70% ofcourse this depends on your gfx card on how much you can spare ram wise for it

To assist with the NHS it could be possible to dispatch basic medical trained police to locations as a dispatch overflow system to help when times are chaotic, or allow for quicker progression into things like the fire dept as they are basic medical trained also

Now that I have waffled on 😅 I will go for a +1 though as I do know many players get issues with high pop and not everyone has the best internet connections or beefy PC's that can handle the extra loads so +1 for the player base but I think it could also drive players away if they have to qué for a long time 

Personal I'm against lowering it I can see some valid points in your reasoning though like with the NHS but that also comes down to things like maybe run a recruitment drive to get more people into the NHS or make it slightly easier to join the NHS ?

Cost I'm pretty sure the time I have been here the donations never went up from 300 but the slots have I think it was 300 when I first joined

Local cars aren't actually to bad, import cars on the other hand are crazy, like I think the guy Is doing really well but get near Yang's cars when he has like 40 in the carpark and half are imports that taxes the city for sure, you notice it with any event if there are along of imports in one area unfortunately

Jumping back to the NHS you could end up by lowering those 60 slots you end up having to qué to get in, I can recall waiting for upto 50mins sometimes to get into the server after 8pm

For alot of these issues i managed to kind of get around alot of them by doing things like increasing the extended texture budget to around 60-70% ofcourse this depends on your gfx card on how much you can spare ram wise for it

To assist with the NHS it could be possible to dispatch basic medical trained police to locations as a dispatch overflow system to help when times are chaotic, or allow for quicker progression into things like the fire dept as they are basic medical trained also

Now that I have waffled on 😅 I will go for a +1 though as I do know many players get issues with high pop and not everyone has the best internet connections or beefy PC's that can handle the extra loads so +1 for the player base but I think it could also drive players away if they have to qué for a long time 
Great points. But also PC specs aside. Still having 361 players on at a time causes just all out chaos. Out of 361 players there's always gonna be a bad batch of them to break rules and also having so many players on means all the gangs and police and its pretty much a war zone. More reports. more admin work over all.  I i also think having a full pop does bog down server speeds no matter what your OC specs are. I feel like we should just test it and if its not a good change then it can easily be put back to 361

This really depends on whether the slots are actually increasing the slow down? Been on the server when there is 100 people awake and head pop locations ect are still prevalent 

There has been several very similar suggestions before, I personally don’t think there is much point in the player base having input on this specific discussion as we don’t know what work is currently going on. The development team at times increase and decrease the slots when they think the server is stable enough and ready, when they increase slots they monitor and make sure the server can handle it, if it can’t they will reduce it themselves. I personally don’t have many issues at all when on the server, even when it’s at the player cap. 

That said, we don’t know what work they are doing in the background to reduce stability etc… 🤷‍♂️ They could be working be on working on this as we speak, or could even be getting ready to reduce the cap already, who knows. 

edit: That said, I do believe a lower player cap will increase the quality of RP as people who potentially wait in a queue to join will value their place more, and in turn put more effort into their roleplay. Back to 150 slots we go 🤣

Less server slots for better server performance. 

I have noticed when the server is over 300 people on everything starts to slow down and glitch. List will be provided. I think 361 slots is too high. 

Pros for less slots: Maybe cost less. Not sure how they pay for slots.

Less local cars appearing and causing you to crash, Maybe faster NHS dispatch/ Police NPC as i have seen it go a lot slower when the server is more full, I have also arrived to parts of the map where everyone is invisible and map and buildings are not rendering even after relog. Garages will respond faster. All in all when the server is 300+ everything is a lot slower. None of this happens when its 150 to 200. So a drop to 300 would be a good test. 

Also the taxi jobs become scuffed as the clients die before getting to them and they jump out the taxi or right up just don't get in more often on a full pop. 

It is frustrating when I'm driving somewhere or going to a patient and i crash into nothing or someone who is not there on my screen.

Its not fun when cars are popping in and out of existence and falling from the sky.

Maybe setting the NPCs to a lower rate if that's possible might help? I am not a dev though so not sure just thinking. 

Also it will be helpful to the NHS members as i have seen there is me and 2 or 3 other NHS on and its way to hectic and busy and it waters down the roleplay cause everyone is dying so fast and the radio is going with NHS and Police it can be too much sometimes and with 61 less slots this will give the low NHS members on time to RP and more time to respond to calls and less people complaining where is NHS in ooc. 

Also having less slots will slow down the new rule breaking players and admins will have less work in the long run of reports and people spamming ooc chat for admin help.

Cons: Less server slots but i think 300 will cover it.

I think having less slots will slow down and balance everything out. Better server performance. Better roleplay. Better car driving and chases etc. Faster NHS response times. Less pressure on NHS and police. 

Don't just say no in comments. Say why you think its not a good idea or why you think it may be a good idea.
Other than the lag/desync, I don't believe its reasonable to use NHS or Police response times in as a factor to reduce slots.

Police always responds to as many calls as possible and due to us being a rather sized faction we are able to spread out our units over broad areas on the map.

Now if you say your NHS RP is being influenced due to the amount of players requesting NHS. Theres 2 things than can be said about this.

1 Don't let the amount of work influence your course of RP. You simply cannot help everyone and you should enjoy the RP you are providing / receiving foremost. Don't let other people pressure you into doing things you don't want to.

If people want to complain OOC about NHS just send them the application link and tell them to apply if they want to make it better for everyone. It's as simple as that.

2 If NHS is experiencing issues retaining members its something their command needs to take a look at as to how to give NHS incentive and joy to work in their respective faction. I don't think that the NHS member per server pop balance should be taken in account to total server cap with that being said.

Everything summarized its a -1 from me.

Its very nice not having to wait and hour in the queue to get into the server anymore, yes the server has some stability issues , but these existed before with a lower player allowance. 

My head occasionaly pops and it can be unstable in the morning with 30 players on

My head occasionaly pops and it can be unstable in the evening with full capactiy

Nobody wants to see big queues

Back