What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Kavala Mode

I never turn on kavala mode because I always felt like I had a dirty advantage. I love having grass to hide behind etc. but if someone firing at me has it on then I'm out of luck.

My opinion is that everyone should be on the same page. 

Kavala mode:eek:n for all or off for all = Everyone knows where they stand in regards to cover etc. 

Having the choice to switch on or off gives people unfair advantages and sometimes uneven scenarios.

So I vote either on or off but one setting for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would personally like Kavala mode to be gone, it is a real bother when I'm trying to be a bush, and all my brothers have all been deleted from the world, Makes me feel alone and empty.

I personally use Kavala mode all the times,cause i can see/feel the difference with the extra 5-10frames i get.. when server is full i get out of kavala 28-34frames and kavala can drop sometimes to 17-21.. its Vital for me to get decent frames for the best experience ofc

@BlackJack dont be upset i will be a bush with you :( #YouAreNotAlone

P.S. Please dont remove it i am constantly playing with maximum 15 frames and i desperately need it :(

I don't understand why kavala mode is an issue as it is. If you want it you click 2 buttons. If you don't, you don't. Seems perfect to me.

I see a few commenting on the slight advantage kavala mode people have due to seeing through bushes. Would it be an option to turn it on for everyone in a certain radius of kavala and athria? I'm no super sexy dev so I don't know if that would work

Might not be popular with the high end pc users.

But what is everyone's feelings on making kavala mode forced for all clients ?

Just thinking about everyones clientside fps thats all without giving anyone an unfair advantage which kavala mode sometimes does however its a lifesaver for some people.
Can you default it off? 

It sort of forces it off for people, but then anyone who actually wants it on can turn it on themselves?

I had a thought I know it's probably not possible but anyway... Is there any way to set kavala mode only to be available actually in kavala or athira or well any large town... That would make better sense. But yeah probably not technically possible just an idea I had.

-1 My opinion is get rid of Kavala mode all together, it was a good idea but it was used by people with low end and high outside of kavala giving a unfair advantage, against those who want to see the nice scenery.

+ No grass and bushes looks strange.

+1 Keep it as it is, i don't see the problem about people "abusing" it 9/10 times your not in a fire fight...... this is a RP server... after all 

My opinion would be, as someone said before, making it enable by default and let the players with higher end pcs choose to enable it or not.

This will make up for the smoothness across the whole map, and not just Kavala.

This is a roleplaying server, there shouldn't be snipers 24/7.. i think we should give it a try when servers are more stable.

I would personally like Kavala mode to be gone, it is a real bother when I'm trying to be a bush, and all my brothers have all been deleted from the world, Makes me feel alone and empty.

this is pointless. as someone in an opposite bush wont see the grass around you anyway... it only renders so far..

While I agree it is a roleplaying server, you have to remember that it is based on a military simulator and as such rebel gangs and the police exist for a reason. Kavala mode is activated by most when in combat or not, It does however make ghille suits pointless in that respect. I've thought about it and if it were a vote i'd say just remove it completely. I've tried it and it does nothing to my frames and I run a mid range pc.

Edit- Also disabling the command menu would change a lot, I know it's used mainly for reports but it's abused, 80% of reports never even use it, the log is good for that. If the command menu was removed not only would it save a lot of admin headache but I believe it would actually improve roleplay and decrease bitter reports over stupid shit.

Back