What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Jail times

Solid Snake

is there a set amount of time for the type of crime or is it 15 mins for everything.

i seem to be getting it for everything now which sucks.

murder i can understand but for speeding? or a mugging seriously?

Jail time are far to short as it is. 45% of people just fly out as soon as they get there. People always say "send me to jail i not paying the fine". People know jail is the easy way out and they wont be there for long.

This is totally unrealistic no on says in real life,

"O NO officer im not playing a fine for stealing a cookie send me to jail"

If i had my way if they always refuse to pay the fines then double the jail time. Our opinions are clearly far apart:D.

Jail time are far to short as it is. 45% of people just fly out as soon as they get there. People always say "send me to jail i not paying the fine". People know jail is the easy way out and they wont be there for long.

If i had my way if they always refuse to pay the fines then double the jail time. Our opinions are clearly far apart:D.
Ever thought that the fines m
Edit: oops dumb iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:

Ever thought that the fines might be a little too high for offences like speeding and petty little crimes...?
Most of the petty crimes that happen in the uk result in the offender getting a warning, going on tag, community service or a small fine so that is going against the real life role play fining someone over the odds for these small crimes.

This is my opinion why me I and many others would rather go to prison than pay a massive fine for something that is so petty, it's hard enough for civs to make money as it is..

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed Shadow eg. Fine for lockpicking is definitely too high.

Potential of a dodgy career path is gone right there as each attempted picking of a lock gets you a bounty worth more than a HEMMT at the chop shop. This always leads back to the 'don't get caught' chants, but that means once you commit a crime, you are in hiding until server restart or death. I'd see theft as pretty petty in comparison to murder but a successful robbery can often result a bounty as high as a murder because the number of lockpicking attempts required.

As for prison being easy to escape, not when the coastguards are around. Plus, IIRC a new prison is under construction which won't be so easy to break people out of.

The fines for eg. lockpicking and other stuff is high, i agree. BUT, if the civi roleplays the situation and comply with the officer (Not running away or doing other stupid things) the officer tends to make the fine more realistic, or at least smaller.

It should be changed by the cc not the officers that have issued the ticket, you are going against your command when changing the price of the ticket yourself.

I'm sorry but if you want us to stand there and role play by accepting the ticket CC Dave needs to rewrite the ticket system, killarabbit had one thing on his mind when setting the fine prices and that was he needs to set it high to stop people comiting the crime, what he didn't think of was have I set it too high so the civs wont pay it and take "The easy option" and break out as soon as they enter. You need to balance these things out and think of both sides not just how to make it easier for the police..

Back