What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Intro Animation + Intro Music - You Decide

Should we drop the Intro Music

• Yes

Votes: 42 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 84 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
This is a vote to either keep or remove the drop down animation and music.

Some people want to play Altis Life and get in the action straight away while some people prefer a little nice intro to start there time on the server off.

We have never had a vote on this so now is your chance to have your say.

Please vote above, your vote counts here.

The music is what makes the introduction to the server unique! We need it, its what made me stay when I first joined, I thought the server looked more unique, not a lot of AL servers have it, in my opinion we should keep it! :D

I enjoy the intro. I voted No for the music (even if I do love the great escape) but would without a doubt turn that to a yes if the music file itself was edited so that once your character is able to be controlled the music fades out. That's just me though, I like to be able to hear vehicles and people outside moving about and such.

The dropdown intro is good, but the music as of right now, is TERRIBLE. Want to choke myself listening to it :/

I still say you should bring back the national anthem lol i remember hearing people run around the server singing it.

As for the drop down animation. I find it a bit annoying sometimes. Sometimes when you die you will spawn normally and start running then 10 seconds later it will then decide to drop down.

The problem about the intro music is just that it is good the first 10 times, if even so, and then it gets boring..

My suggestion is to not put any hard music or anything like that, but rather something "low, careful and slow", for example the beginning of this

, as there are less chance to get bored off

When it comes to the dropdown as mentioned up there, it can be very, very, very pain in the ass if it is delayed.. But it is also very special :)

Voted no for both

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a random song out of 5 songs? So that you will have 5 different songs for 5 respawns?

-Select spawn point

-Turn effects off for 1 minute

-????

-Profit

Having 5 different musics won't work because everything increases server file size.

I'm up  for random song of the week, with most voted songs, example:

"This week choose 1 of 5:

- blablah

- blah blah

- Cardoso hit single: Mr Blacksnake

- blahblah"

And then the most voted that week goes live next one and so on.. tell me if you like it.

Removing the intro dropdown animation is dangerous, most script are loaded client side during this animation. Remove this and the server will crash a lot more or stop working and you'll have to restart it manually. 

Incorrect, The default Arma/Altis Life does not have our animation script this was put in by ourself so we are giving the option to remove it or keep it in :)

I wouldn't mind the music if it wasn't so loud. The 30 seconds whilst it plays cuts off any conversation i'm having in teamspeak.

I like the animation script but watching it every time you respawn is annoying, I suggest a third option..

Put a counter in it so you only have to watch it once per session and it won't be shown again until you restart the client.

Where as the drop down can be a bit annoying when you get a dc and want to get back to your vehicle asap. I agree that it adds a lot to when you first play on the server and it's worth keeping.

Also I like the music and think we should keep that as well but perhaps change it up from time to time. :)

PLEASE lower the dB levels of the songs that you put onto the intro, it's really annoying that it's affected by direct communication and it also blocks out all sound.

I think the music should be changed weekly as Every time I hear ellie goulding now I want to cut myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back