What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Ingame vs. Teamspeak

Simen

---------------
Lifetime Donator
So iv noticed alot recently that all types of people (Police, UNMC, Rebels, NHS, Civs) like to go mute ingame for quite abit of time and have a chat with their friends on teamspeak even when im speaking to them directly ingame. Quite frankly I find this PISS POOR RP, and I am fucking tired of this happening way to much.

Please for the love of god, dont mute ingame EVERY fucking time you talk on teamspeak, if its something you can say ingame fucking say it ingame aswell.

TS is out of character, I wouldn’t expect to hear someone’s mother in the background of game asking what they want for tea or some children playing in the same room. During critical moments i.e hostage, or operations I agree but this is not something you can enforce and if you were it would apply to everyone rebels,unmc,police,medic.

Take a step back buddy see the bigger picture.

I agree though if you are in an encounter to only communicate via TS when you are trying to RP is rubbish, but i don't want to walk through kavala listening to every tom dick and harry talk about there day, and if that is something to enforce why bother with TS at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
TS is out of character, I wouldn’t expect to hear someone’s mother in the background of game asking what they want for tea or some children playing in the same room. During critical moments i.e hostage, or operations I agree but this is not something you can enforce and if you were it would apply to everyone rebels,unmc,police,medic.

what I mean is when their talking to people on the "radio" something that could have easily been said ingame and teamspeak, for example: "This is Police Constable Papa Turd requesting a prisoner transport on my location, Kore Fuel." Stuff like that can easily be said ingame while hes whispering to other units on teamspeak

The thing is when people stand there silent while they're on TS, completely ruins the RP and is boring for everyone involved really

what I mean is when their talking to people on the "radio" something that could have easily been said ingame and teamspeak, for example: "This is Police Constable Papa Turd requesting a prisoner transport on my location, Kore Fuel." Stuff like that can easily be said ingame while hes whispering to other units on teamspeak
a Good player would and often do, sometimes its just and afterthought others are not that confident, or there in to much of a busy channel that it would cause a problem, I don't know if the police is still restricted to 3 per channel, i'd hope this could be something to suggest to police command.

a Good player would and often do, sometimes its just and afterthought others are not that confident, or there in to much of a busy channel that it would cause a problem, I don't know if the police is still restricted to 3 per channel, i'd hope this could be something to suggest to police command.
Already been put up to a DI, he brought it up in the popo meeting before I mentioned it, but im not just talking about police I mean everyone does it..

A problem I see a lot.

Me - "Hello officer/Medic/peasant..how are you on this glorious morning? are you well?"

....Silence......

Them - "I'm sorry what was that?"

Me - "sigh...."

--------------------------

Meets a group of people

Me "Hello gentleman! how are the gun prices today? any discount on flares?" 

Silence....group shuffles let to right looking at each other....more silence... 

Them "Alright buddy"

All men pull guns the exact same time like they are telepathically connected

Them "Hand on your head!"

Me "sigh...."

In summary, Mute your fucking Teamspeak and use direct for god's sake when in a situation, that's the whole reason behind RP, none of this teamspeak "lets rob him"  or "I think we are going to get robbed" which everyone does. I even think group chat should broadcast in direct or at a reduced volume. 

You know what I hate, when you are tazed or knocked out and then the person talks in team speak and say "I've been knocked out", like you couldn't say that as you were on the floor not speaking 

Try being a cop in Kavala Gz and having 10 hobos vying for your attention. 

Also sometimes we have to talk to our superior officers about certain things so we don't have salty rebels crying and reporting us to the forums.

Try being a cop in Kavala Gz and having 10 hobos vying for your attention. 
Been there done that. Mute teamspeak and deal with the hobos. Dont mute ingame and deal with teamspeak, on yer this server to roleplay, not talk to friends on teamspeak and ingore people ingame.

Also sometimes we have to talk to our superior officers about certain things so we don't have salty rebels crying and reporting us to the forums.
Obviously there are some times where yer gonna have to mute ingame, but what im trying to say is, dont just go mute when yer rping with someone(unless it really is needed).

Been there done that. Mute teamspeak and deal with the hobos. Dont mute ingame and deal with teamspeak, on yer this server to roleplay, not talk to friends on teamspeak and ingore people ingame.

Obviously there are some times where yer gonna have to mute ingame, but what im trying to say is, dont just go mute when yer rping with someone(unless it really is needed).
Agreed, most officers go in groups, one mutes TS and deals with the RP sit, the other hangs back and stays informed.

Another example is the Airfield, about 90% of people there will either give one word replies or not talk at all, mainly due to the fact they are rushing to get gear and talking to people in teamspeak.

Also 50% of the video editing I do is cutting out long quiet silences! 

I can see where everybody is coming from.

I mute in game when either a loud car drives past or cars outside are papping their horns.

There is also a thing called a toilet break in which people need to run and release either solids or water from their bodies. lol :p

They might have actually put their headset back on the moment you finished speaking. Its not always them muting in game whilst on teamspeak. If anything its the other way around for the cops, they mute TS when important information needs asking or given.

I'm not gonna lie, as an officer it happens a lot and completely puts me off guard to the situation and completely messes the scenario for me but whilst TFAR is good it's puts new players off the whole server as I'm assuming they want a modded free experience minus obviously the other modpack which they have obviously you don't need it but still needs to be addressed in the police as a whole.

Me personally and I've seen a couple other officers do this, we mute our speakers in TS the second someone starts talking to us in direct.

Modding does complicate a lot of things. I think one of the main features was for it to not be modded if i'm not mistaken.

I agree though if you are in an encounter to only communicate via TS when you are trying to RP is rubbish, but i don't want to walk through kavala listening to every tom dick and harry talk about there day, and if that is something to enforce why bother with TS at all.
I do believe if its pertinent to the roleplay, it should be broadcasted... "john, this guys said his names billy, he wanted?"

better than ...........................................silence..........................................

You know what I hate, when you are tazed or knocked out and then the person talks in team speak and say "I've been knocked out", like you couldn't say that as you were on the floor not speaking 
I break all the rules just to find you and make you suffer ;) 

Back