What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

im looking for a new graphics card >£300

The GTX 970 is the best card you can get for the money! it does mainly all games in ultra at 60fps (in 1080p) and if you get a STRIX from ASUS you get the best card for the money, although there is an error on it, the last 0.5gb of DDR5 ram is not really working so if you plan on going 4k it can't be recommended and you should save up some more and get the 980.

Else 970 FTW!

980 is a little too much for my fiancee to buy me, what do people thing of the 970 vs the r9 290x? also what make 970 would people like

980 is a little too much for my fiancee to buy me, what do people thing of the 970 vs the r9 290x? also what make 970 would people like
the reason the 970 is better than the r9 is because of its unique features that you can see on the NVIDIA website

GTX 780 or TI if you want to fork out a bit more cash and get nvidia's best 780! :)

the reason the 970 is better than the r9 is because of its unique features that you can see on the NVIDIA website
Bad side is you cant cook your eggs on the 970 as opposed to the AMD R9 :/

buy the 970 then contact amazon for a 50pound refund as u cant use the other bit of ram

people are actually doing it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
out of intrest jordan why that model of 970 over the others 

Has the better performance, its Factory overclocked by EVGA. You will be happy with it. It design may not be as good as the Asus one, but if you want performance  over looks then go for the EVGA one!

Are you high? The 780 TI costs the same as the 970 and the 970 is far superior with new technology xD
Nah man the 'new technology' which makes minimal differences, Check out the benchmark comparison tests of the two cards. The 780 TI comes out the better option 90% of the time.

- BG Vixxy ;)

out of intrest jordan why that model of 970 over the others 
The EVGA SSC has 6 phase power control as opposed to the standard 4 phase, this enables more and cleaner power to be delivered to the GPU for higher overclocks 

Nah man the 'new technology' which makes minimal differences, Check out the benchmark comparison tests of the two cards. The 780 TI comes out the better option 90% of the time.

- BG Vixxy ;)
Lol thats BS, all the comparisons ive seen show the 980 to be on top, and thats despite the 980 having 832 less CUDA cores than the 780Ti, which goes to show how much more efficient the 980 is :p

Also remember the 980 can do DX12 whereas the 780Ti cannot, also the 980 uses the new Voxel global illimuation lighting system and i must say it looks absolutely amazing !  

https://developer.nvidia.com/gi-works

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol thats BS, all the comparisons ive seen show the 980 to be on top, and thats despite the 980 having 832 less CUDA cores than the 780Ti, which goes to show how much more efficient the 980 is :p

Also remember the 980 can do DX12 whereas the 780Ti cannot, also the 980 uses the new Voxel global illimuation lighting system and i must say it looks absolutely amazing !  

https://developer.nvidia.com/gi-works
Depends what you look at, and the games it's benched on. To be fair when the 980 does beat the 780ti it's only a minimal percentage or score it wins by.

-BG Vixxy ;)

Back