What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

i get banned for killing an RDM'er?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypasonic123

I shot a guy who was running people over to stop the RDMing and robbing of the new spawns and i get banned for it?? is this justice? 

"I was in a riot, and I decided to turn vigilante and shot a rioter in front of other innocent people, and the police nailed me for it. Is this justice?"

I hate these kinds of cases (and I'm not the admin, so luckily it's not my call)... because I'm sure you THOUGHT you were doing a bold, brave and public-spirited thing. But look at it from the POV of the cops. Reports of RDM bring them running into the area. They see a man dead on the floor, and can't tell that this is the actual RDMer. For all they know there are six RDMers working as a bunch of lunatics fresh home from school or the pub. They see one other man in the act of killing this guy on the floor, or at the very least, they see him running around with a gun in open view, and a recent death-report from that person in the systemchat.

Do they stop and casually ask him to join them for tea while they discuss the issue over crumpets and biscuits? Do they make the assumption that this guy - a known killer, visibly breaking rules on open gun-handling and gun-usage in a city - is a good guy or a bad guy? Do they simply kill or jail him and hope that when he leaves jail or respawns he will not immediately start RDMing? Put yourself in their shoes... Of course, they'll take the step to protect the other server-users, and ban him. If he is genuinely a good guy, he'll come into the unban request forum and start pleading his case... if he's really an RDMer, he'll hopefully just go find softer targets.

You made the right step by coming here and pleading (imho)... but you fucked up royally by turning vigilante in the middle of an RDM riot. Do you expect that that approach in RL would get you a medal or a badge for bravery, or would you likely end up on a firearms misuse charge, and be looking at a stretch in chokey?

The moral of the story is, if you see or hear of an RDMer in an area, then GET THE FUCK OUT OF DODGE! Run away. Hide. Don't make yourself a target. By all means report it in to the cops (hopefully with some description of the person, a location and grid-ref or landmark so he can be surrounded, and (in the case of genuine RDMs, even his name-tag isn't too out-of-character, because RDM is considered so totally illegal and OOC for the server generally). But don't try to engage (unless maybe you are a fully-licensed rebel in which case, you'll usually be in concert with other rebels and working in such a way as to go undetected or unchallenged by police, in an RP way).

"Billy, don't be a hero, don't be a fool with your life".... as the (shit) song says! :)

THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ON BEHALF OF THE ALTIS CIVIL PRESERVATION SOCIETY.

petro was the guy who got RDM'd so he new i was not RDM'ing as i said i was killing him to protect the civvys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back