What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

I believe I can fly.. (Actually I can't)

Reznor

So I generally suck at flying in ARMA3/Altis, I've watched one video guide but to be honest it wasn't that helpful... and after being transported by some truly awesome pilots on the King of the Hill server last night I want to get better :)

Can anyone recommend a good way to get some practice  without me having to wait for a server restart as I look at the smoking black and charred twisted metal mess on the ground as I contemplate my failure ... 

Thanks! ^^

Never seen/heard of it before, shall google and give it a try, thanks =)

Can download a mission file off steam workshop called losice armoury or something like that and you can test every vehicle in game, I must say though flying comes with experience you can't just pick it up in a day

Get to as high altitude as you can, so that if you do mess up you wont end up exploding on the floor. Get to about 1000m and if the shit hits the fan stick on auto-hover.

Practice in the hummingbird, it has very good responsive handling and can turn quickly in a pitch.

Baby steps at first, just take off, fly to the end of the runway in a straight line, land, rinse and repeat. Then try some basic 90 degree turns etc. But yeah, practice means perfect :D

Thanks for all the advice ^^

I went with the mission via steamworks as it seemed the path of least resistance. Having better luck using a gamepad over a mouse atm, but the mappings in ARMA seem a little dodgy to say the least ...

Ahh well atleast I can mostly land now without eating dirt :p

Back