What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

How not to Roleplay

nozeinho

So earlier this evening i spent nearly 3 hours minding my own business mining away some salt when it all went wrong towards the end. In the following video you will witness in my opinion how not to roleplay. Adser if you're reading this i find it disappointing that you find this fun and acceptable within a serious roleplay community. I understand that in this video my roleplay itself was not to the highest standard but i figured out almost instantly how this scenario was going to end and was extremely frustrated therefore i wasn't really in the mood to give it my all after having almost 3 hours of my time wasted for nothing.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZJt75hQ1VM

I've got two issues with this one.

Considering you've got two armed men pointing guns at you, you sound awfully relaxed and well, as if you really couldn't give a fuck if they killed you or not.

On the other hand, I've not come across a more shit idea of role play for a long time.

Considering you've got two armed men pointing guns at you, you sound awfully relaxed and well, as if you really couldn't give a fuck if they killed you or not.
I've been around this server too long to know that when a guy says 'give me your stuff or i will shoot you' it means he's going to shoot you regardless, hence the attitude i had at the time. 

I've been around this server too long to know that when a guy says 'give me your stuff or i will shoot you' it means he's going to shoot you regardless, hence the attitude i had at the time. 
I hope that doesn't apply to PLF :(  

When committing a robbery, if the person complies we'll tax. If the person fails to comply and tries to get away/fire at us, we kill them, take their shit and then scrap their vehicle.

If I'm feeling really nice, I'll even let that last one slip by taking them hostage, cutting a slice of whatever they have and then letting them go. That being said, we don't tend to rob people who genuinely have salt, copper, rock, etc. 

I hope that doesn't apply to PLF :(  
It wasn't implied about PLF. The main thing that got me was that as i mentioned, after 3 hours of my time gathering salt, meeting various people along the way with great role-play (also had a run in with the UNMC) it is extremely frustrating to have it all come to and end like this. 

It wasn't implied about PLF. The main thing that got me was that as i mentioned, after 3 hours of my time gathering salt, meeting various people along the way with great role-play (also had a run in with the UNMC) it is extremely frustrating to have it all come to and end like this. 
Yeah, I understand - I didn't mean to accuse or poke by that statement, I genuinely meant - if PLF did that, tell me. Yes we rob, but we've got better things to do than kill someone for salt or something.

On a funny note, I saw these two characters at the UNMC area. They were asking if they can buy ifrits there, when they were told to go down south to the rebel outposts. They didn't do that because PLF was patrolling the area ;)

why do I feel like I have to find these men and kill them?
Haha! I was tempted to suggest the next time they do this, to let me know, but I can't think of a way to get around metagaming or breaking NLR at this time.

why do I feel like I have to find these men and kill them?

Appears they already demised. Fools robbed a poor, innocent hobo in the UNMC territory. The very same hobo put them out of their misery.

Appears they already demised. Fools robbed a poor, innocent hobo in the UNMC territory. The very same hobo put them out of their misery.
This was before i was robbed sadly, if you pause the video straight away you can just see my Hemmt waiting to pass through. 

Back