What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

For all Rebels with Airsoft guns

Roleplay is roleplay. I understand it gets repetitive but there is almost finite things a rebel can roleplay their weapon to be without taking the complete and utter piss, an example being a highlight of early 2016 "it is not a gun it is a cabbage"

Roleplay is a two way street, you as the cop either buy their roleplay and go with it or you don't and you take it (or get killed trying to)

Would be interesting to see if anyone pays attention and develops their air soft story further once they've read your post.
I got away with a "bag of onions" the other day mate, run at me

push armed individuals to step up their roleplay explanation of whatever it is they carry on their back.
I agree. I may have been a little triggered by a distant memory....

*saves police officer using my own gun*

*gives police officer ride back to the station*

*police officer then informs me they're taking my gun*

Rage ensued...

But yeah. Make those little nuggets use their creativity. I personally like to say I'm protecting myself from the rabbits whom we all know are Russian spies. In fact, my grandpa won't even let me leave the house without our family heirloom gun designed specifically to target bunnies.

It is up to the cop, but it is clearly power gaming to claim your gun is something it isn't. Carrying a giant replica around in real life would get you in the shit too.

Ask an "Airsofter" for their UKARA number...

One of my friend's actually had the armed police called on him due to him transporting RIFs to his car for an airsoft game that day due to a neighbour who thought he had gone mental

Last edited by a moderator:
Realistic immitation firearm in a public place causing distress... thats a firearms offence regardless in the eyes of the law - confiscated!

simplest and easiest way to deal with a rebel sating it is an airsoft gun:

shoot them in the foot - if it is airsoft it wont hurt, if it is a real gun it will hurt... will they be willing to let themselves get shot for the sake of the lie?

As I wrote, that's exactly that kind of approach I'm going to have :D

"Well, if you don't I'm just simply gonna ask you to show me your magazines, or in extreme cases just to shoot your friend in a leg, as if it was a airsoft rifle it wouldn't hurt him or kill him, upon which we can clearly establish what kind of weapon it is.

roleplaying your gun isnt a gun is shit roleplay in my opinion. we can all see its a rifle. 

Throughout my time in the police I've never once had someone send me a Google doc to back up what their gun is being RP'd as, such as a hunting licence or UKARA registration.

It would be pretty unfair if we had to let everyone go who says their gun is something different, however if they made a document and actually put effort and RP'd it, I would defiantly let them go.

It does get tiring of having to chase someone down, get told it is a fishing road or something else and then it turns into an argument because we won't believe it.

In short, if you like to RP your gun as an airsoft rifle, make a decent document if you have the time and I can assure that your weapons won't be confiscated (as often). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Throughout my time in the police I've never once had someone send me a Google doc to back up what their gun is being RP'd as, such as a hunting licence or UKARA registration.

In short, if you like to RP your gun as an airsoft rifle, make a decent document if you have the time and I can assure that your weapons won't be confiscated (as often). 
Nope nope nope. All this does is encourages people to type awful documents and expect things to work out for them. Getting sent a document just makes people tab out and actually reduces roleplay. I'd appreciate it if people were inventive and told me a story rather than making me read it.

Documents were used that much in the past that some officers actually believed you need a document to roleplay some things.

If its a replica gun (airgun) ie one of the sig sauer airguns not airsoft gun then police wouldn't ask you to shot someone with it plus in the uk you don't need any licence to own an airgun unless its over a certain muzzle velocity (12ft.lb)also you wouldn't need any pellets with you as you can buy them at any uk shooting range that allows airgun use.

Nope nope nope. All this does is encourages people to type awful documents and expect things to work out for them. Getting sent a document just makes people tab out and actually reduces roleplay. I'd appreciate it if people were inventive and told me a story rather than making me read it.
Hence me saying 'decent' ;)

It would be nice to see people be creative and make high quality ones again, they have went from being over used to never used.

If we're going by roleplay logic, then saying your rifle is an airsoft gun would not be a valid excuse, since an officer would able to distinquish the difference between a real gun and an airsoft one.

I have in the past taken the "air rifle" from the person and shot him in the foot with it. That was waaaaaaay back in 2014 though and I knew the guy I was RPing with.

I have in the past taken the "air rifle" from the person and shot him in the foot with it. That was waaaaaaay back in 2014 though and I knew the guy I was RPing with.
That's how it should be, sometimes it feels like that some people just learn few phrases how to get away with stuff (it's my friends car, not a weapon) and basically deny any further roleplay and accuse us for power gaming if we don't go with their poor story. I'm sure if I actually did it I could expect a PCC or report against me nowadays :D

??

ITS RP, We can also see names above people's heads, so are we stupid for not using that info?
Im sorry i really dont see the connection between roleplaying a rifle as an airsoft gun while you can actually see the live bullets in it and seeing peoples names above their heads...?

Back