What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Crushed Orca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpy

I'm Watching You!
I wasn't aware that Monkey D.Luffy Had posted a thread already about the topic.

http://www.altislife.co.uk/topic/2037-vdm-by-sverre-rdm-by-erik/

In-game name: Mr. Grumpy FFE

My player ID: 76561198071832566

What was lost:   Orca was crushed

Value of item: Mistake me if im wrong the value is £750,000?

Quick description of what happened: Basically my Orca was crushed by CI Heatproofsean because I ATTEMPTED to pick up Monkey D.Luffy who was currently at the time trying to evade the police. I believe it was unfairly crushed due to the fact that I never even got the chance to pick Monkey D.Luffy up because he was VDM'ed and I was RDM'ed by two random people (who are mentioned in his thread)

CI Heatproof said I should post something up on the forums regarding my Orca being crushed so here I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
See: http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/legal-aid/eligibility/list-of-criminal-offences.pdf

In particular:

"Assisting offenders" which is in contravention of the Criminal Law Act 1967 section 4(1).

Which states:

4 Penalties for assisting offenders.

(1) Where a person has committed an arrestable offence, any other person who, knowing or believing him to be guilty of the offence or of some other arrestable offence, does without lawful authority or reasonable excuse any act with intent to impede his apprehension or prosecution shall be guilty of an offence.

(see here for the full monty = http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1967/58/section/4 )

Ergo - the Orca was involved in the commission of a crime (whether completed 'successfully' or not - by your own admission above, you 'acted with intent', and that's all the law needs), and as such, is now a cube about four feet across and smelling vaguely of ozone and burned paint.

Next!

I dont think Grumpy would even dream of this request, had It not been for 2 random civs breaking the rules. Had it not been for the  VDM and RDM these 2 civs (Who have been reported in the Player report thread) commited we would have made it out and saved our chopper.

I believe the attending officer who saw the entire thing also believe that we would have made an escape had it not been for the 2 random civilians clearly breaking the rules. He has responded in the Report a player thread aswell.

We were in a role play and 2 random people came and ruined it by killing us. I'm just saying I believe it's unfair that we are being pointed out for this. I think the police officer should have took it into consideration before crushing at the fact we were vdm/rdm and they see it happen.

But ill leave it as that. I understand your decision to reject my claim and I will not argue back as I like the server and and respect your decisions. Thanks anyway Ed.

Hmm.. Having considered this in a bit more depth, thanks to your continued whining... I mean, explanation (ahem)...

I have decided that, on balance, if you would've escaped had it not been for he RDM (which wasn't immediately clear tbh, but only because I am very, very busy and didn't read the linked post until much later), then I think perhaps your Orca should have been impounded, rather than crushed.

Given that the cops in this case were guilty of 'time paradox misbehaviour', my ruling is now:

Go to Heatproofsean (cellphone to make a meet-up) and demand full payment for the Orca (but no contents or other gear) from his personal account. If he doesn't pay, I'll scalp him the cost from his account, plus a tax, and eventually give it to you. It'd be a lot easier all round if he just coughed, though. Let me know if he doesn't.

Next time, Sean, if in doubt, don't. If you felt they would've got away scot-free, it's not really RP to exploit their 'didn't-happen' RDM death and scab the chopper. It should've been impounded - they'd technically not left it behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back