What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Contract Killing

LorneMalvo

Hello, if i was to offer services of Contract Killing on Altis, would it be aloud for characters to pay me a fee to deal with the said person they put a hit out on. It would be fully RP'd obviously.

Hello  LorneMalvo,

Back in the day when I was a rebel contract killing was brought up a few times.
I dont know whether the rules still apply but we were told for anyone to carry out a contract killing they would have to give the person they are hired to kill a 5 minutes warning.
The reason for this is to of course to stop RDM plus it makes the RP of it much more exciting!

You would also obviously have to track down that person without meta-gaming. So you would have to investigate the person(s) last known location and try and find out any information from tip offs.
You cannot simply just walk up to someone and shoot them in the head as you will be banned for RDM and Meta-Gaming

Again I dont know if this still applies maybe it will be best to wait for an admin to confirm but remember...

ROLE-PLAY-EVERYTHING!!!
 ​
 ​
Regards,

Grumpy

Last edited by a moderator:
So we have to message the person that they have five minutes, or do we need to find them first, tell them they've five minutes to run like hell, and THEN get them?

Just wondering which way round it is :)

Mattjamco,

In the ideal world the person who has contracted you to kill someone would tell you his name and last known location where you could find them.

Either way you have mentioned seems pretty legit, however you would obviously have to find this person in a RP sense without Meta-Gaming.
You can then tell them they have 5 minutes to run because you have been contracted to kill them.
You have to take into consideration that you have then started RP and you should pay attention to your surroundings as someone may have heard you.

Contract killing can be very difficult sometimes because obviously once you tell someone he is going to die he can just go into hiding or run to the police which any normal person would.

This is why contract killing is a bit of a grey area and everyone is always asked to always make sure you RP it properly and dont break any server rules. Not only that though the person might not want to take part in this kind of RP as it can ruin their time on the server as it can just happen over and over again for them. So maybe if this person agrees to the contract you can then carry it out.

All this being said as i mentioned before, I am just giving you the information on what I believe is the correct way of doing it.
If an Admin says You cant or this isnt the right way then you will have to obey their decisions.

I hope this helped.

Regards,

Grumpy!

If you want to prevent any accusations of RDM, change your initial plan to a ''grab'' instead of a kill. Take some zipties, find his location (in rp, talk to people etc.), make him surrender and capture him, take him somewhere remote, tell him you were hired to kill him and do it. Because of you taking him hostage, basicly, you initate roleplay, and by talking to him before killing him you prevent any randomness involving the kill.

This is also way more fun for you AND the target than just warn him and snipe him 5 minutes later =)

Doing it the way Khandamir has stated is 100x better and safer for all parties. Mix it up rather than just making it a kill, it can be exciting for all parties. But like I said make sure you RP it properly either way you choose to take him out!

Regards,

Grumpy!

Just a quick one as I'm meant to be working hard on announcements right now. 

I wholeheartedly agree with the points both Grumpy and Khandamir have put forward. Although the idea of contract killing on an RP server can be a grey area, it can also be a great source of RP, especially when both parties are consenting. If both parties consent, and good warning is given then I see no real problem with it. The only issue regarding the hit itself is that it could be viewed as RDM by third parties that may witness it, if the 'hit' agreed to be sniped for example (Admin spectating might interpret it as RDM). As such, the 'abduct then whack' option is preferable. 

Just my own view, so don't go calling hit's claiming Dain told you to  :p

Thanks for all the advice, Im starting a contrack killing company on Altis, with just me who takes contracts then disposes of them in creative ways.

I took my inspiration of my character from Lorne Malvo in the TV show Fargo. :)

How will you advertise your 'services' would you be able to do it through side chat?

Stand on the street corner, advertise, put a post on the forums, tell people to spread the word and give others your ''phone number'' so they can contact you ingame :)

Back