What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

"Comp or You're Reported"

Supermoosey

Banned
So lately I've noticed a recent spat and even I'd argue an increase in the spam of side chat with "Get to TS NOW""I have video, you're banned""I know an Admin, comp or ban", clearly, that's the hobo talk. But in some cases, it's established members of the community saying these things, or even new start up gangs that haven't been shown the proper way of things going forward.

With that in mind, my dealings since coming back to the server, after nearly every kill I've made, I've been called to TS (Withholding cops from this, never salt from them), now, I get to TS, I'm usually; 1. Met with a barrage of multiple un-involved members who have to have their say, 2. Screams of I want comp or you're reported and 3. Constant interruptions while I try to tell my story. 

I've taken a stance of asking for the video evidence in all cases of the accusations so we can have a civil discussion based around the video and pointing out the facts of it. Usually, they ask me to upload mine, I mention that they've accused me, it's up to them to prove I'm guilty, they usually just say it's ok, no need to go further. 90% of the people comp for no reason to save hassle, and I feel that the poorer/less experienced players are pressured into this with the threats of reporting and felling scared. Clearly a bad way for the server to move forward.

What I'm trying to say, in my round about Irish way is, when you call someone to TS, or accuse them of RDM, please don't be offended when they ask for video. Don't take it as shit attitude. Don't be a dick, use some common sense and hopefully we'll have a happier time.

Just want to add, using phrases such as 'Comp or ban' is against rules. It is a dressed-up threat to report.

Sidechat needs better moderation full stop. It always starts with two guys and quickly becomes a flame war with 3 simultaneous arguments.

Blackmail will get you banned also... When we rewrite the rules we will put information in there about acting like adults and resolving issues in a better manner.

We don't want to see people banned, We only want to ban the ones that have no regard for the rules, Its a culture that needs to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally someone says it.. I get called to mentor rooms countless amounts of times and it just pisses me off that I have to waste my time saying the same thing over and over which is show me a video or there is nothing to talk about. It's just making me take focus out of the game to deal with hobos who want comp for a rook they tried to rdm me with.

As a civ I am forever helping hobos in OOC chat and remind people to resolve/ ask to go to teamspeak in a friendly manner! It's been rude for as long as I can remember and barely anyone has a decent level of respect in sidechat!

#SamatforOOCmonitorperson

that's all I ever see in sidechat these days is someone screaming GET TO TS NOW IT'S RDM YOU SCUMBAG!!!!! or something along them lines and quite frankly it shouldn't happen and it's gets anoying for other players who are just starting out and asking normal questions like "where can i mine iron from" well all they see is scrolling text of people screaming at each other about RDM this VDM that get to TS now or your banned kinda thing.

When i get a Can you come to TS i will....when i get a TS NOW or something similar i won't, its a common courtesy and if people will not have it with me i will not have it with them

but yes too many people and some more established people are quick to demand you come to TS even after a legit kill and its getting to a point where im just going to turn side chat off and let them whine to them self

Sidechat either needs some kkind of chat restriction, so you can't send more than 1 message every 60 seconds or something, or perhaps you should only be allowed to ask people to TS in a private message. It's frankly getting ridiculous.

Back