What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Community Meeting Request

Scott1sh

Banned
Disclaimer* These are not solely my opinions thoughts but a collective of opinions/ideas/thoughts from people i have spoken too.

I think it would be good to bring back community meetings between the community and the staff.

I understand that we have forums for info but i feel voices would be better to convey what is happening behind the scenes with dev work/updates/community stuff etc etc.

As we all know we are awaiting the framework and i fully understand not wanting to reveal anything but people in the community feel they are being left in the dark.

Example points we could raise in a meeting

General Questions

Framework

Investment/Donation for the domain

Police/Rebel/NHS points.

Perhaps these meetings could be held monthly or bi-monthly

Again this is just an idea, In my work we have monthly town hall meetings and they are very informative and helpful for employees (except for me i just fix IT stuff:D)

I welcome everyone to add their thoughts, opinions, ideas or comments and lets keep it civil but constructive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be good! Admins can relay what they see people doing wrong in-game to the community members, tell us some news about anything they need to and it could be a great laugh!

I think we should all stop moaning about framework deadlines and just wait, (im not aiming this at you Scott) 

Simple matter is, this is a free to play,un-modded server, with a volunteer staff that are working hard to bring us a fresh new experience on altis, take into consideration that ciaran is working his ass off to do this for us, when he's not busy with real life and school, he deserves a pat on the back and a thanks, not a new thread every other day asking why it's taking so long.

As for a community meeting, its a brilliant idea in the sence of us all getting together to discuss new ideas and solve problems on the server, but a bad idea if its just going to be a load of guys typing #FrameWorkHype to the admins

I'm pretty sure, you get no news about the framework. General questions can also be brought up at the police/rebel meeting, since there are a lot of general questions being brought up at that meeting. 

I think this sounds like a great idea.

I'm still pretty new around this community but it sounds like a great way for the members to get involved!

I think we should all stop moaning about framework deadlines and just wait, (im not aiming this at you Scott) 

Simple matter is, this is a free to play,un-modded server, with a volunteer staff that are working hard to bring us a fresh new experience on altis, take into consideration that ciaran is working his ass off to do this for us, when he's not busy with real life and school, he deserves a pat on the back and a thanks, not a new thread every other day asking why it's taking so long.

As for a community meeting, its a brilliant idea in the sence of us all getting together to discuss new ideas and solve problems on the server, but a bad idea if its just going to be a load of guys typing #FrameWorkHype to the admins
Once there was said , it will be coming in 2 months , so we got all hyped i dont speak for myself is i say that some people where dissapointed when 2 months became 5 , and there is nothing been announced about the framework , so i do understand that some people wanna have answers about how far they're where they are thinking about adding , if seen alot of suggestion and alot of goodone's but never there is said that it will be looked at or put it in the new framework and also there was said a minimum of January , but thats almost everything we know about the new framework.

And i respect all of the staff's work , i do.

But the thing is we have alot of questions but 0 answers , there are alot of people who actually stopped playing because of the repetitiveness of the server.

And i can just hope that the new framework will be amazing , and i think it would be since i had the best time on this server but the only thing i wonder is it worth all the time we waited?

The framework comes when it comes aha, I would understand if you had to pay to play this and you're not getting what you're paid for I understand people might be a bit irate because they expected it to be sooner. Think of it this way: More time = better framework! No pressure admins  ;)

I think one of the main reasons why people keep asking for the framework is that they're simply bored of the current patch that we've had for a very long time and want something new to look forward to ingame.

I've heard from a lot of people that they really want to play on the server but find it hard to join since they feel like they've accomplished the current content and role play so it's very repetitive for them.

I believe that in order to solve quite an important issue is to focus on smaller updates that are released regularly for the community (especially long term members) to enjoy new aspects of the server and lead to more areas for role play to be explored while the framework is being developed. A good start to this would be to analyse some of the suggestions and see if they can be implemented, a lot of them are pretty good ideas and seem pretty basic to add.

It may be the case that the framework is closer than we think with some of the features that are being suggested and if this is the case then it would be a great surprise for everyone and the wait would be worth it.

Overall I think a community meeting could be very effective, it would give a chance for people to ask questions directly to the staff members with any concerns or suggestions that they have to make everybody's time on the server better than it already is. I don't see anything negative that would come from this but it may be difficult to organise with time and date etc.

From what I've seen, the Admin stance on the Framework is that it's ready when it's ready.
Just sit back and wait, they'll release it when it's ready.

They seem quite firm on that stance as well as being quite tight lipped about any features they are working on. (Although I can agree with this part as things change in development of anything on a day-to-day basis).

As much as I feel this would be a nice little idea, I doubt it would go ahead, nor would I think they'd answer any questions on the new framework.

Tbh, if anything, I'd just be happy with another Monthly Newsletter from @Neo, if they have any information they are willing to share / release on the framework, the newsletter would probably be the most appropriate forum for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back