What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Civilian Firearm License.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveO

As a law-abiding citizen and Police officer who has no criminal record, I feel that there is a need for players like me who RP on the side of the law to adequately defend themselves from the criminal element in the server. It is frustrating, to say the least, that when we are fishing or doing another legal job Gang members or other players who RP that way rob us using Firearms. Usually resulting in us being shot and dumped in the ocean. A knife is not adequate protection against a pistol and is also illegal to carry pretty much classing us criminals as well. My suggestion is to have a concealed firearms licence for civilians who RP on the legal side and also for off duty Police. You would have to have a certain amount of time on the server, 3 months or so and no criminal record or links to criminal organisations. An application form could be used or an interview with the Police to assess your suitability for the license. This will result in more Firearms on the server and people that know me well here know my views on that subject. however, I feel that it is unbalanced and unfair between legal/illegal RP and the Police can't be everywhere to provide that much-needed protection.

Yet again I see a suggestion that gets harshly voted on with no comments saying why! 

Lew is proposing a legal license but he isn't proposing the method we had on Altis. You have to APPLY to the Police, be background checked, interviewed and then a high ranking officer makes the decision! I don't think Lew is proposing everyone gets a high powered revolver...

The community is not made up of just whitelisted people and criminals there are civilians who want to follow the law but not get robbed every 3 seconds. Or was the people holding this opinion following this concept? 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Honestly, these people with legal firearms would get robbed ruining the firearm eco even more. This is a UK server. You don't see people walking around with guns legally.

I don't think this really fits with the whole UK RP..for self defence or not your not meant to be shooting your gun at people if you were to have a legal gun license

Honestly, these people with legal firearms would get robbed ruining the firearm eco even more. This is a UK server. You don't see people walking around with guns legally.
With respect, in the UK you don't get people pulling out uzi's, pump action shoguns and assault rifles every 5 seconds lol

yeah but adding to it doesnt help
Its not adding to it since its not an assault rifle or for gods sake a musket (can't even take those seriously).

He merely means that it is a way for high ranking police, to do background cheks and interviews, and then allow individuals to carry concealed firearms, its not meant to be like every civilian that does legal stuff will be allowed to have a firearm for self defence, like real life.

I don't think this really fits with the whole UK RP..for self defence or not your not meant to be shooting your gun at people if you were to have a legal gun license
you dont see 80% of the population be involved in criminal activities either mate, and the point of self defence weapons is actually mainly to be used as a detterent, rather than a weapon of force. In other words, people who are allowed to carry a concealed firearm legally for self defence, are smart enough to not just shoot everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm honestly unsure on whether I agree or disagree with this, I think if roleplayed to a really high standard doing interviews and background checks with the police and having a very particular reason for needing to carry a legal firearm then it could work. If people were being issued with licenses by police command then it would need to be done for a reason other then not wanting to get robbed as much, for example there is only around a thousand concealed carry permits in the UK and most of them are for people who're at risk of being targeted by the IRA.

Also where would the firearms for people who received these licences come from, they cant purchase them off blackmarket dealers and they cant really be paying police for firearms.

With this suggestion I am 50/50 with it. Before i begin am just going to make clear am strictly talking about the current state of the server and ignoring the IRL and uk based argument as TBH at this point it's beyond stuiped and being bluntly honest its far from it end of the day it's a game and cannot be 100% UK realistic due to server balance / server rules and players entertainment and it would properly be more accurate to compare the server to Canada / america due to its current state regarding firearms.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/B138/production/_117886354_gun_related_crimes2_640-nc.png

On one hand i can understand the need for such as a suggestion as TBH guns have got to the point of stupidity recently with everyone having them and if it is causing this much damage where people doing LEGAL jobs are not able to defend himself and relying on the police (Which at times lacks the numbers / fire power and resources) then am for it, Putting bluntly if people are taking the piss and are deciding to rob theses people who are trying to RP legal life taking advantage of them trying to stay legal then i think on the server this is necessary in order to promote legal life.

On the other hand however as mentioned before i am also against it for the fact that this will increase the guns on the server and could lead to the server being like early to mid this year with gunfights - gunfights - gunfights (Which TBH isnt far from what the server is currently).

Overall the argument simply is for the server ignoring the IRL and UK aspects has the server got to the point where this is necessary to help those doing legal jobs and with this in mind will the suggestion help OR cause further problems for the server.

With this suggestion I am 50/50 with it. Before i begin am just going to make clear am strictly talking about the current state of the server and ignoring the IRL and uk based argument as TBH at this point it's beyond stuiped and being bluntly honest its far from it end of the day it's a game and cannot be 100% UK realistic due to server balance / server rules and players entertainment and it would properly be more accurate to compare the server to Canada / america due to its current state regarding firearms.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/B138/production/_117886354_gun_related_crimes2_640-nc.png

On one hand i can understand the need for such as a suggestion as TBH guns have got to the point of stupidity recently with everyone having them and if it is causing this much damage where people doing LEGAL jobs are not able to defend himself and relying on the police (Which at times lacks the numbers / fire power and resources) then am for it, Putting bluntly if people are taking the piss and are deciding to rob theses people who are trying to RP legal life taking advantage of them trying to stay legal then i think on the server this is necessary in order to promote legal life.

On the other hand however as mentioned before i am also against it for the fact that this will increase the guns on the server and could lead to the server being like early to mid this year with gunfights - gunfights - gunfights (Which TBH isnt far from what the server is currently).

Overall the argument simply is for the server ignoring the IRL and UK aspects has the server got to the point where this is necessary to help those doing legal jobs and with this in mind will the suggestion help OR cause further problems for the server.
To be fair if you guys controlled the ammo distribution for that firearm and the distrubution of the firearm itself that could be avoided. So if you only gave them say 6 bullets and they came back for another 6 bullets you could say you want evidence as to what those 6 bullets were used for. You guys would have complete control and tbh this suggestion probably doesn't need anything dev side to trial it. 

Support the idea wholeheartedly. The arguments about it not being like a realistic UK server are frankly, utterly bollocks, because at the end of the day the most important factor is fun. If you're not allowing the maximum amount of people to have as much fun as possible they can and will find another server to play. 

I feel this would serve that purpose. 

People in the UK don’t walk around with legal firearms therefore, it wouldn’t be realistic to include it on the server. It is a UK based server after all.

The server far from realistic / UK currently. Read above.  

The suggestion comes after the amount of guns effecting those doing legal jobs with the only way to do safely do legal jobs IS by doing something illegal. 

Using the excuses its UK based / Isnt realistics (In my opinion) not the best reason to be against it.

I personally like the idea that few have firearms but it seems to be a consistent few (gangs etc) who do have them and usually in an abundance 

maybe that could be worked on rather than a civi licence 

if the searching of players becomes an option I feel it will aid in the distribution of firearms to more people as every time I’ve robbed gang members they say they don’t have one then minutes later pull it out and shoot you 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Rejected - Not a popular suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back