What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Charity Of The Month Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFE Aiden

Hey Everyone.

This is just an idea that came into my head and I'm not sure if it's that good however I will go with it anyway. I was thinking of making a goal and donating to a different charity every month. I have seen the ALUK donation goal which everyone completes in a very quick time.

I have always donated to charity and feel as though it is a good idea as we can all make a difference and help the people/charities that need it most!

Some of the ideas I have come up with are:

1) British Heart Foundation

2) Cancer Research 

3) RSPCA/NSPCC

4) MNDA 

If you have any more feel free to suggest them below. We can all do our part as a community however if you don't want to donate or get involved, that is absolutely fine and I'm sure everyone will understand

Thanks,

Aiden

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent idea, we always smash the £500 goal, so why not up the goal to £600 and give £100 to charity? 

:Cool:

Decent idea, we always smash the £500 goal, so why not up the goal to £600 and give £100 to charity? 

Cool.png
Yeah good idea or maybe @Wilco could set up a charity for example "The Altis Life Foundation" and choose what it goes towards.

Very good idea, in which i hope the community agrees on.

This would be a brilliant way for us as a community to make a difference. I've done something similar to this before now, in which I received huge community support! (love you all)

...so his is definitely something I'd love to see happen, and also put my name to backing.

+1 from me.

Yeah we've nearly tripled this month and we're not even halfway through Octoberyet, we could do some serious good with the excess donations!

perhaps like 5% of the total amount donated could go towards charity, I think this is a great idea that @Wilco should consider!

love the idea, maybe we could have a monthly poll for what organization we donated to.

I like the concept however i do worry about backlash, when people donate they are donating for the long term future of the community and server and might be put off donating as its not going that way.

When we are struggling to pull in anything near the goal down the road (who knows when but we will one day) the excess will cover that to the day where its all funded out my back-pocket again like it was from day one.

I will look into a charity ideas but of course i would like to consider one that has negative effects on the community or is using donations that people want to goto the server.

I reckon we should all just donate ourselves at home ;)  autism ireland is my biggen 

Just an idea but since we've smashed the donation goal at £1000 every month, could it be on option to use the overflow of that for a charity of the month? So say the goal is £500, we hit £1000 as a max, and by the end of the month it's at £1160. We donate the £160 overflow from £1000 to a charity which is decided from a poll every month?

Just my two penneth but I think it'd be a great thing for the community, and more people will support donations and actually give some money back into the server and to charity!

Any feedback?

I like the concept however i do worry about backlash, when people donate they are donating for the long term future of the community and server and might be put off donating as its not going that way.

When we are struggling to pull in anything near the goal down the road (who knows when but we will one day) the excess will cover that to the day where its all funded out my back-pocket again like it was from day one.

I will look into a charity ideas but of course i would like to consider one that has negative effects on the community or is using donations that people want to goto the server.
I can see where you are coming from however it doesn't necessarily have to come from the server overflow entirely. I would happily put some money in from my own back pocket and I am sure other people would too. This goal could just be there as an added bonus as I feel that this wouldn't affect the ALUK donation goal at all. 

I do very much doubt that this community will reach rock bottom as there are a lot of unique people coming in every day and I am sure it will stay that way for a long time. As people have said the goal hits over double every month which is insane and imagine what charities would think if they kept getting a possible £100-£500 a month. 

I am sure they would be extremely grateful. Anyway just an idea I honestly didn't think it would get such a great reaction so thank you!. Keep up the charites that we could donate to as a general idea and post your thoughts on this.

Aiden :D

I understand what your saying, but think about what people will think of this server, it is not only the greatest rp server to date but it also contributes to charity. How about you give the excess donations to charity once every 3 months instead of every month, so you are then still making money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back