What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Cars Cars Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Father

Brief Summary: 

Car cars cars cars, no matter what type of role-player you are, from first day on the server or to an experienced role-player, everyone loves a good drive? or the majority anyway.

Detailed Suggestion:

On RPUK most of the cars feel / sound the same and there is nothing more I would love is for cars to feel a bit separated / unique feel to it, for example a Subaru Impreza WRX STI feeling like a Subaru Impreza WRX STI , the car sounds the same as most base cars that are already on the server.

ATM the dev team has a shit ton of things to do and reworking cars is a big ask , so today I am just suggesting sounds of cars, to give them that more of a "feel" , i feel like adding these unique sounds to cars will create a want for some cars that might not be wanted before hand, which helps the market in some sense to.

The car scene in RPUK is good, and its getting better and better as the days go on, and it would be great to have these things in the server to help the car scene more.

You know for example the muscle cars are meant to be big loud / bassy sounding cars but ATM sound completely dead and all sound similar ? 

At the moment it feels like all the cars have been generalized and painted with one broad brush, some what based on what class they're considered. The issue is that one car will always be ''the best one'' and neither of the cars have a unique reason for you to drive it. I think it would be a lot more interesting to see different cars when I go about the city, not the same itali GTO or Sultan classics that become the meta due to this way of controlling the vehicles.

Its time consuming but we have a member of the community that already took the time to set up the cars individually, I've tested them myself and so have others, all agree its an improvement. I will personally offer myself to game test these vehicles  

The Pros:
Cars sounding like actual cars

adding a bit more spice to the car market / car scene

making some cars that aren't desired, actually desired.

The Cons:

Dev Work

Some people may not like the change ( cant keep everyone happy ) 

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? No

There is a discord server and a fella that makes all the sound packs and mods for most of the cars we have on the server, majority are free.

Also I am terrible @ writing suggestions so my bad 🙂  but i hope you get it. 

Kinda like how when Mike Polo (+Archie) did the clothing update, it'll take a while but the immersion as well as the better car sounds will make things so much nicer for the car lovers. BIG +1

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst I don't know the stack of the Devs, what I do know about vehicle modding is that if you're doing a lot it can be time consuming but worth it in the end for better player experience.  I know how to change audio hashes on vehicle meta files (can be done in about 10 seconds if you know what engine name you need the car to sound like) and by watching Youtube it would suggest it is fairly straight forward to get the sound files into the file structure.

All depends on the priorities, and without knowing the critical bugs and other workstreams it's difficult to say this must be done.

+1 There is loads of Sound Packs available now a days for all these cars, Obviously im no dev and have not a notion what im talking but i would like a Mustang to sound like a 5.5ltr V8 mustang and not a V6 Opel Astra, Its cool idea Regardless since im a big car lover.

Implemented - Car sounds were added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back