What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Car Boosting

Stevie

Introduction to Car Boosting

Car boosting is a feature that allows players on the server to acquire contracts from Mr. Boost—an expert in car thefts. These contracts assign players the task of stealing a car from a specified location on the map and delivering it in exchange for enticing rewards, including experience points, cash, and cryptocurrency.

Key Aspects of Car Boosting​

1. Contract Acquisition:
    • Players receive contracts from Mr. B.
    • These contracts outline the details of the car theft job.
    • The objective is to steal a specific vehicle and deliver it to a designated location.
  2. Reward System:
    • Upon successful completion of a contract, players receive rewards based on the contract’s terms.
    • Rewards may include experience points (to advance in the boosting scene), cash, and cryptocurrency.
  3. Choices for Players:
    • Players have two options:
      • Deliver the Car: Hand over the stolen car and claim the rewards.
      • Retain Ownership: Keep the stolen car. To maintain ownership, players can alter the vehicle’s Chassis Number (also known as C.N. scratching). This process ensures that the car remains untraceable.
  4. Collaboration and Complexity:
    • As players progress, contracts become more challenging.
    • Complex contracts may require collaboration:
      • Hacker Involvement: Disabling the vehicle’s tracker to avoid detection.
      • Allies: Neutralizing non-player characters (NPC's) surrounding the stolen car during the theft.
  • The name for this feature is still under consideration; it could also be referred to as “vehicle identification number (VIN) scratching.”

Boosting App Interface/Design Explanation

Accessibility​

The boosting app can be accessed via a laptop. To use the app, players must have a new item known as a boosting chip in their inventory. This item remains unused and stays in the player’s inventory until it is stolen or removed by other means. The method for obtaining the boosting chip is open for consideration, perhaps being assigned to a group that deals with racing or boosting in the future.

Boosting App Home Screen (TAB 1)​

1. Boosting Level:
    • A progress bar displays your current level of boosting expertise, ranging from D-Class to S-Class.
    • Example: If a player is in C-class, the bar will display: C~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~D, highlighting your progress. No clickable buttons.
  2. Active Contracts:
    • Contains information regarding purchased boosts.
    • Displayed information:
      • Vehicle Name
      • License Plate and Car Class
      • Time remaining before the contract expires from your active contracts
      • Reward for the contract (e.g., 30,000 cash and 20 crypto)
    • Three clickable buttons:
      • Start: Players can choose between a normal drop-off or a CN scratch. Once an option is chosen, the job starts.
      • Transfer: Players can transfer the contract to another player using the player’s current session ID.
      • Decline: When pressed, the contract disappears from your active contracts. No compensation is given. A confirmation prompt then pops up: “Are you sure you want to delete this contract?” before proceeding.
  3. Available Boosting Contracts:
    • Contains information regarding available boosts.
    • Displayed information:
      • Vehicle Name
      • License Plate and Car Class
      • Time remaining before the contract disappears
      • Cost of the contract
    • Two clickable buttons:
      • Accept Contract: Once clicked, players are prompted with a confirmation: “Would you like to purchase this contract?”
      • Enter Boosting Queue: Players click this button to start looking for potential jobs.

Leader-board (TAB 2)​

• Includes:
    • Player Rank: #1, #2, #3, etc.
    • Player Info: Booster’s profile picture and player’s name.
    • Booster Rank: The amount of experience points the booster currently has (e.g., 3120 points).
    • Number of Successfully Completed Boosts: (e.g., 52 boosts)

Boosting Store (TAB 3)​

• Displays available items for purchase from the store:
    • Includes:
      • Item Name and Description
      • Cost of the Item
    • One clickable button:
      • Purchase, followed by a prompt: “Are you sure you want to purchase this item?”

Booster Profile (TAB 4)​

• Set up your boosting profile on the app.
  • Two clickable buttons:
    • Name: Set your nickname in the boosting app.
    • Profile Picture: Set your profile picture that will be displayed on the leader-boards.

Boosting Logic

Available Boosting Contracts​

• This section displays the currently available contracts for purchase.
  • Contracts become accessible when the player clicks “Enter Boosting Queue.”
  • The first job appears once a player has been in the queue for 15 minutes.
  • Players can choose to:
    • Accept the displayed contract.
    • Wait for another contract that may be more favorable.
  • Contracts remain in the queue for 2 hours before disappearing.
  • The odds of a player receiving a specific contract are as follows:
    D-Rank:
    • No Contracts Available: 30%
    • D-Class Vehicle: 70%
  • C-Rank:
    • No Contracts Available: 20%
    • D-Class Vehicle: 40%
    • C-Class Vehicle: 40%
  • B-Rank:
    • No Contracts Available: 15%
    • D-Class Vehicle: 20%
    • C-Class Vehicle: 45%
    • B-Class Vehicle: 20%
  • A-Rank:
    • No Contracts Available: 10%
    • D-Class Vehicle: 10%
    • C-Class Vehicle: 30%
    • B-Class Vehicle: 35%
    • A-Class Vehicle: 20%
  • S-Rank:
    • No Contracts Available: 5%
    • D-Class Vehicle: 10%
    • C-Class Vehicle: 25%
    • B-Class Vehicle: 35%
    • A-Class Vehicle: 20%
    • S-Class Vehicle: 5%

Active Contracts​

• Contracts have a fulfillment time-frame of 3 days.
  • If the contract’s time expires, it disappears.
  • Players can transfer a contract to another person using their player ID (time on the contract doesn’t change).
  • Transfer recipients must meet or exceed the contract’s required experience level.
  • Payment arrangements for transfers can be done outside of the app.
  • A player cannot have more than 3 active contracts in their app.

Progression System

• The system aims for long-term progression, discouraging people from speed-running to reach S class.

• Experience (XP) gain proposal:
    • D-Rank: 0-5,000 XP (5,000 XP to level)
    • C-Rank: 5,000-30,000 XP (25,000 XP to level)
    • B-Rank: 30,000-70,000 XP (40,000 XP to level)
    • A-Rank: 70,000-150,000 XP (80,000 XP to level)
  • Experience (XP) Gain per Mission:
    • D-Rank: 2,000 XP per mission
    • C-Rank: 4,000 XP per mission
    • B-Rank: 6,000 XP per mission
    • A-Rank: 8,000 XP per mission
    • S-Rank: 12,000 XP per mission
  • Rank Advancement (Based on the above info):
    • D-Rank to C-Rank: Complete 3 missions.
    • C-Rank to B-Rank: Complete 7 missions.
    • B-Rank to A-Rank: Complete 7 missions.
    • A-Rank to S-Rank: Complete 10 missions.
  • Note: Optimal mission completion assumes accepting the best contract in the current rank. Actual success ratios may vary due to contract odds, role-play factors, and other variables.

Pricing Logic​

• Ordinary jobs on the server yield an average of 100k per hour (e.g., taxi and trucking).

• In boosting, payouts scale gradually, and the higher the rank, the more challenging the heist becomes.

• S-Class contracts intentionally offer greater cash rewards than any other class.

• Proposed payouts for stealing and delivering each vehicle:
    • D-Class:
      • Cost to purchase a contract: 20k.
      • Payout upon completion: 2 crypto + 20k.
    • C-Class:
      • Cost to purchase a contract: 2 crypto.
      • Payout upon completion: 30k + 7 crypto.
    • B-Class:
      • Cost to purchase a contract: 10 crypto.
      • Payout upon completion: 60k + 20 crypto.
    • A-Class:
      • Cost to purchase a contract: 35 crypto.
      • Payout upon completion: 100k + 50 crypto.
    • S-Class:
      • Cost to purchase a contract: 150 crypto.
      • Payout upon completion: 220k + 185 crypto.
  • Crypto CANNOT be traded between players; it’s solely for personal use.

Completing the Contract​

• Once one of the options (scratch or drop-off) is selected, the player immediately starts the contract.
  • The player has up to an hour to:
    • Locate the car.
    • Steal the car.
    • Finish the job.
  • To find the car’s location:
    • Open the map and locate a red circle.
    • The car will spawn somewhere within that red circle.
  • From B class on-wards, vehicles have a tracking system that requires bypassing using the Advanced Hacking Device:
    • B class: 5 hacks
    • A class: 7 hacks
    • S class: 10 hacks
  • If the car has a tracker:
    • The driver needs a hacker to remove the tracker.
    • Police will be immediately notified of a car robbery attempt (ONLY if the car has a tracker).
    • In case of a police chase, the hack must be completed, and the driver must lose the cops to proceed with the drop-off.
  • Cash distribution among the team can be arranged according to their own terms.

Continuation in the post below...​

Boosting Store Items

• Order Process:
    • Place an order through the app.
    • Pick up the order from an NPC appointed by the ‘unknown contact.’
    • The NPC processes the order within a 10-minute timer.
    • You’ll receive a message on your phone from ‘Boosting Store’ confirming the order placement.
    • Ten minutes later, you’ll receive another text indicating that the order is ready for pickup.
    • The NPC can be located somewhere in Sandy Shores.

Functionality​

1. Advanced Hacking Device:
    • Utilized by a hacker in the passenger seat to remove tracking devices placed on cars from B class on-wards.
    • The hacking device can be used up to 100 times.
    • If a contract has 5 hacks, and the hacker successfully bypasses all of them, the device’s grade will decrease to 95.
    • Regardless of success, 1 health is consumed per hack.
  2. Harness:
    • Provides extra safety for the driver or passenger of the car.
    • Equipping a harness from your inventory saves you from high-speed crashes up to 160 mph (adjustable).
  3. Advanced Vehicle Lock-picks:
    • Required for lock-picking cars that are B class and above.
    • Can also function similarly to the current Advanced Lock-picks or something better.
  4. Boosting Repair Kit:
    • Acquired with crypto.
    • Has the same functionality as a Mechanical Repair kit.
    • (Additional ideas for different functionality are welcome.)
  • Note: All items purchased from the Boosting Store cannot be sold in pawn shops or stores but can be traded person-to-person. These items are exclusively for boosting.

Pricing of Items​

• Boosting Repair Kit: 5C
  • Harness: 10C
  • Advanced Vehicle Lock-picks: 15C
  • Advanced Hacking Device: 30C

Why Boosting Would Be a Great Addition to the Server

Progressive Game-play​

• The gradual progression from D to S contracts provides a smooth learning curve for new players.
  • Initially, solo operations allow players to learn the ropes, gradually transitioning to more complex team efforts.
  • As players advance, they’ll need to strategize, coordinate, and communicate effectively—creating engaging role-play scenarios.

Enhanced Police Role-play​

• Car boosting introduces a fresh dimension for law enforcement.
  • Instead of focusing solely on bank heists and major crimes, police officers now have a reason to engage in high-speed pursuits and stakeouts related to car thefts.
  • This diversifies police interactions and keeps officers on their toes.

Competitive Element​

• The leader-board system adds healthy competition.
  • Players strive to climb the ranks and become the most notorious car booster.
  • Whether they’re racing against the clock or outwitting rival boosters, the competitive spirit fuels engagement.

Emergency Contingencies​

• Boosting isn’t always smooth sailing.
  • Sometimes a contract goes sideways—a rival gang intervenes, or the police close in.
  • This dynamic situation encourages players to think on their feet.
  • Having backup plans and involving friends adds depth to the experience.

Economic Diversity​

• Beyond traditional income sources, car boosting offers an alternative way to earn cash.
  • The crypto system further enriches the economy, allowing players to invest in exclusive boosting and racing items.

Community Building​

• Boosting contracts foster player interactions.
  • Whether it’s forming alliances or rivalries, the shared experience brings the community together.
  • Players discuss strategies, share tips, and even negotiate deals outside the app.

Role-play Variety​

• Car boosting scenarios vary—from quiet midnight heists to adrenaline-fueled chases.
  • This diversity keeps role-play fresh and caters to different play-styles.

Storytelling Opportunities​

• Car boosting generates memorable stories.
  • These narratives enrich the server’s lore.

Final Notes: I have used Chat-GPT to assist with some of the system outlined in the post, and primarily to reformat the post and correct grammatical errors. It has taken me quiet a few days to put this together. When it comes to C.N. Scratching vehicles, I’m unsure about the optimal method of implementing it into the server. I don’t want this to become the primary means for people to acquire cars, potentially disrupting the economy. It would be ideal to introduce the boosting system first, then consider end-game rewards for boosting.

It would be great if others also contributed their perspectives on what they would like to see added with this system. I’ve done my best to align the rewards from boosting with the server’s current state in terms of cash and other aspects. I know that many people in the racing scene would welcome this type of content on the server, and I’m confident that the police road traffic unit would appreciate a few more meaningful car chases. No suggestion is perfect, but I’ve tried to be as thorough as possible. If anything isn’t clear or you don't agree with any of the systems, do let us know.

Thanks Stevie.

There's a few good points and suggestions in there as suggestions by themselves, but this feels very GTA online like. From a crim perspective it would be possibly be fun for a short while, until the novelty wore off - but I don't see the RP opportunities personally, even with the 'team efforts'. From a police perspective this would be putting more strain on an already strained police force, meaning no matter how much police involvement you think it would generate - it would probably swamp the dispatch system and bore people quite quickly. Police already have their fair share of pursuits to deal with due to stolen vehicle reports. When food delivery was brought in it was pandemonium, and I can only imagine, as you briefly touched on, with the pay-outs and incentives of keeping boosted vehicles so high, the economy would also suffer a considerable amount. I like the idea of a more complex vehicle theft system, with different lockpicks and anti-theft devices. I also like the idea of a crypto system - but this could quite easily be RP'd in game as is. It would be good to see some of this suggestion implemented into a player ran chop shop maybe, where you can take parts off stolen cars (player and AI alike) and retrofit them to player vehicles for cheaper than the legitimate ways (with dodgy serial numbers that would be checkable at a police station etc), but I think its too much work and too much of a chaotic idea for what would essentially turn into a single player GTA online style inflation machine.

To touch on what @__saiint__ Mentioned, to counter it sort of straining out the police force cause typically speaking there's never really many police around till about 4pm+ and even then sometimes I'll log on and there will be like 5 cops max, To counter the possibility of it sort of spamming our dispatch system maybe its set up to where it can only be done when there's a certain amount of police officers around, and that only a set number of people can be doing a Boost at once to counter everyone doing it at once, Even though this would not be a LEGAL job obviously a lot of people will probably figure it out fast and it would severely overwhelm the police to where we wouldn't be able to do much really, Secondly the idea of Limitations on how many can do it at once could be for example...

3 Cops online = 1 Car boost contract

5 Cops online = 2 Car boost contracts

7 - 9 - 11 and so on, you get the idea, to sort of counter the spamming of it, Now obviously this would be something that would need to be investigated in RP to be able to do by the criminals but once 1 person knows, 5 people will know, then 10 people will know, then within a few weeks everyone and their nans knows how to get it.

Also also the level of detail in your suggestion is amazing, I give this a +1 overall cause it would be really cool to see another aspect to the crim/police RP that isn't your normal Chasing of drug dealers or chasing people from shootouts, Could really create some cool and interesting RP although yes its technically just chasing cars but at the same time if you are able to Scratch the cars vin that you boosted (Hopefully it would cost a considerable amount of cash/crypto to do so) it could create some interesting and unique situations for the police, Also I think there would need to be a piece of legislation added to the PNC if this was to be added.

Another note when you are assigned a "Contract" and you go to wherever the location is that you need to steal it from it would be cool to see an element of "Stealth" to where you try not to set off the cars alarm or something which would trigger a police response.

That's enough waffling from me but yeah
+1

I agree with what Pest has said here with there being limitations on how many boosts can be carried out at any one time. As from my point of view half the fun with the idea of boosting is the chases as has been show cased in the RP boosting scene we already have. My suggestion for this would be boosting could only be carried out when there are 5+ Police in the server and also hard limit it to one boost at a time with a 30 min cooldown allowing Police to take part in the chase and also give them a chance to perform other duties that they may want to do. This for me adds and even more competitive side to it as you would have to be ready to go as soon as a contract was ready or you could miss out to another group. Also I don't think the Police really want to deal with dispatches of the same thing over and over again as they did with the new bank heists as this ended up with little to no RP between Police and Crims as they just stopped showing up to the alarms.

The boosting shop idea is great I would like to see that the pick up spot changed each time just like the dodgy doctor does. That way people cant "camp" the trader and rob people as soon as they pick up their items.

I also think the with the lower end boosts the Police should be alerted if the car passes a speed camera for example. That way even the lower end of boosting sees some action from chases etc.

Love the suggestion overall I believe its the most detailed one yet as far as boosting goes. The racing scene thanks you for your efforts. <3

+1

any content at this point is good for the server, massive +1
but I think its too much work and too much of a chaotic idea for what would essentially turn into a single player GTA online style inflation machine.
could they not just use a pre existing boosting script ? and modify it

The Problem rn is that the server is stale maybe not even stale completely stagnant we have had nothing content wise since banks and that was last year, we just need something to do, cant use the excuse rp something to do forever, needs to be a heavy push to add content.

any content at this point is good for the server, massive +1

could they not just use a pre existing boosting script ? and modify it

The Problem rn is that the server is stale maybe not even stale completely stagnant we have had nothing content wise since banks and that was last year, we just need something to do, cant use the excuse rp something to do forever, needs to be a heavy push to add content.
no for sure, I completely agree about adding content for the crim side - my counter was to implement certain things from the idea, like a chop shop, and vehicle security/theft improvements etc. I just think the idea as a whole package, would turn the server into a GTA online style heist/missions format which is obviously not what should be done in an RP server

Major +1

I think this is something ultimately that would be extremely enjoyable for the city, and a more positive change for criminal RP, I would want to rejoin police and be in RPU for this!

Massive +1 from me!

Think it would bring something with a bit more risk to the guys who reside in the street racing scene.

My only query would be that you may have to work out how the keeping of the cars works due to people just taking contracts once at S Tier and keeping cars, maybe implement some systems that take days and a various amount of prior work to set up? Maybe along the lines of involving stealing/copying keys with an object in a place where police are notified of break ins? Thus forth allowing police to be more involved in not just the chases but the actual processes and also making it higher risk for the higher tiers of contracts

But regardless I think its an awesome idea and if worked on correctly could really benefit both sides of the law with different scenarios of roleplay!

Back