What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Can`t access the garage bug

Perez

OK so its been like this for nearly a week now I thought it was a bug but its still there.

I lost 4 Ifrits, 1 H emit boxer truck, 6 Sports hatchbacks, 2 zamak covered. There was alot of other cars I had off roads and hatchbacks but I`m not sure how many.

When I access the garage it says it has good connection and there is only 1 option for me it tells me I can get out 1 vehicle and that I can sell it for £1000 but when I sell nothing happens. Also when I buy a vehicle and put it in the garage it disappears and I lose the vehicle I put in the garage.

I`m wondering if resetting my garage would sort this out and I would just get compensated for the above. Roughly 2 mill or under

Quick question... what's your in-game name? Does it feature any square brackets in your name or tag? (these ones [ ] )

I know this might be a stupid question but you are buying the vehicles permantly aren't you?

That's ok lol believe it or not I have come across people that kept renting only so it was a silly but neccarsary question.

Don't think this is a game-bug - possibly a client-side data-sync issue, but I will try and look into it in a little more detail when I have time.

For now, let me have your ARMA3 playerID (Steam ID) number and I'll search the database to see what vehicles the system thinks you should have.

From the sound of it, your data is probably not saving/syncing. Rarely, we get occasional people report this, but often it's turned out to be due to strange characters or brackets in their name which is causing Tonic's database code to barf. Sometimes it's due to their ISP having strange MTU sizes on their internet pipelines (virgin media and Sky have sometimes been reported, but we have nothing concrete).

Do you get this on any other Altis Life servers, or just ours (assuming you have tested on another?)

Don't think this is a game-bug - possibly a client-side data-sync issue, but I will try and look into it in a little more detail when I have time.

For now, let me have your ARMA3 playerID (Steam ID) number and I'll search the database to see what vehicles the system thinks you should have.

From the sound of it, your data is probably not saving/syncing. Rarely, we get occasional people report this, but often it's turned out to be due to strange characters or brackets in their name which is causing Tonic's database code to barf. Sometimes it's due to their ISP having strange MTU sizes on their internet pipelines (virgin media and Sky have sometimes been reported, but we have nothing concrete).

Do you get this on any other Altis Life servers, or just ours (assuming you have tested on another?)
In game name (Perez)

Player ID 76561198057923174

I have had this problem for nearly 2 weeks now I try to sell to restore the garage in the past but nothing happens.

I use BT homehub internet also.

I have played on another server a few days ago and I have all my vehicles there its just this server where all my vehicles are goen and when I try to put a vehicle inside nothing happens it disappears.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've also been having this issue for a few weeks now.

To start with, I once spawned in with military gear and this didn't go away after relogging etc. After this I went to the clothing/weapon police stores and bought the correct equipment, synced data and everything was fine thereafter. Though my money seemed to have reset to £100,000 and my coastguard/pilot licences were removed. I didn't think to report this at the time as compensation wasn't neccessary.

Presumably as you said, it sounds like a client-side data sync problem.

IGN: SPC PawkBun [PAT]

Player ID: 76561198053366446

ISP: Sky Broadband

Problem On Other Servers: No

This problem doesn't occur when I log on as a civilian.

e8d37ae12e.jpg

I've also been having this issue for a few weeks now.

To start with, I once spawned in with military gear and this didn't go away after relogging etc. After this I went to the clothing/weapon police stores and bought the correct equipment, synced data and everything was fine thereafter. Though my money seemed to have reset to £100,000 and my coastguard/pilot licences were removed. I didn't think to report this at the time as compensation wasn't neccessary.

Presumably as you said, it sounds like a client-side data sync problem.

IGN: SPC PawkBun [PAT]

Player ID: 76561198053366446

ISP: Sky Broadband

Problem On Other Servers: No

This problem doesn't occur when I log on as a civilian.

e8d37ae12e.jpg
I thought it was only me with this problem that is just what happens to me too.

Pawkbun - yours is a different issue (at least, the thing you describe with the military uniforms and the money-reset is not the same as the OP is reporting). What happened in your case, is that the database system (for whatever reason) was able to find your player-record in time - probably due to either overload on the database system at the time you logged in or (more likely) a network outage or poor internet link at the time you logged in. The server, being unable to find you or make a properly initialised cop player-model, created a new default account which at that point was not yet saved to the database, and started with the default 100k funds. You weren't to know it at the time, but the correct thing to have done would've been to IMMEDIATELY disconnect and try logging in to the server again. By staying 'in-game', the server SAVED your account (complete with its reset money and whatever new gear you had bought in the shop), and this OVERWROTE your original account (which probably would've been fine and re-useable again, right up to that point - but which of course got lost when it was overwritten).

General tip - if you spawn as a soldier when you should've been a cop, it's a bad sign! Get out before the data-sync occurs automatically (ten minutes later) and DO NOT use cashpoints, car-shops or clothing shops (because all of these can cause your player-record to be rewritten).

I'm going to investigate Perez's account (and Pawkbun's just for good measure) to see if there is anything obvious, database-side. Back in a bit...

ROFL... you're gonna love this, Perez. Maybe! LOL

Investigating the database, it appears the underlying problem is (and please don't take this as anything more than a joke...) impatience and greed!

You appear to have ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY NINE vehicles stored in the garage system. All of which are in fine, AOK, tip-top condition, just waiting to be taken out for a spin. Here's a quick summary of them all:

96 C_Offroad_01_F
21 B_Quadbike_01_F
10 C_Hatchback_01_sport_F
9 C_Hatchback_01_F
2 I_Truck_02_covered_F
2 C_Boat_Civil_01_F
2 O_MRAP_02_F
1 O_Truck_03_covered_F
1 C_SUV_01_F
1 O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F
1 C_Van_01_box_F
1 B_Truck_01_box_F
1 O_Truck_03_transport_F
1 B_Truck_01_mover_F

Ninety-six Offroads is a LOT of wheels, LOL! :D

I guess what's happened is that due to your slow internet connection (I'm guessing - because this doesn't happen this often or this repetitively to too many people, or I'd be inundated with reports), the garage-system took its time to display your first set of vehicles one day - and possibly even timed out completely. So you bought more vehicles and carried on playing (perfectly logical approach, tbh, and this isn't a criticism). But this in turn, meant that there were even more vehicles waiting to be displayed on your garage menu, making it even slower to load; and so on, the process repeated - until eventually, there is little hope that the garage-system can receive that many vehicles in the time allowed for the display to populate. And quite possibly, there is an upper limit on the number of vehicles that can be placed onto the display-window, in terms of amount (regardless of time taken). Not sure!

Not quite sure where we go from here, but it does seem that the database IS at least receiving your instructions whenever you buy a new vehicle and sync your data... so you've not LOST anything. You just can't get it all displayed again when it's time to re-use it! LOL. Cold comfort really, I know... but I guess you could try a couple of things... Firstly, go to a garage, tell it to display the vehicle list, and just wait. And wait and wait and wait (best not to do this in Kavala, or you'll be killed, no doubt!). See if the window EVER gets populated with data, or whether you get any kind of error message or change in state worth telling me about.

If you DO get a displayed list (eventually), maybe sell one vehicle and (again) wait, wait, wait, until the display comes back refreshed after the sale. Repeat until the number of vehicles owned is a more manageable size - by which time (fingers crossed) the display rate *should* have speeded up.

Failing that, if that's too tedious or just doesn't work, I guess I could try simply deleting a bunch of vehicles from your stored list above, and compensating the cash back to your account (you'll have to be offline while this is done, though, or your live data will just overwrite it all again and banish my changes I'm making via the back-end). The pain in the arse bit for me is working out what the compensation costs would be per vehicle - that's a lot of manual looking up I'll have to do to find the appropriate vehicle sale prices... but it's there as a last resort. If we go that route, I'll also need to know from you (nearer the time, not now) exactly what vehicles you want to keep most of all, so we can sell the rest and bring your vehicle numbers down to say, five or ten or something manageable.

Let me know how you get on with the first method, first, though.

Now it's Pawkbun's turn... Hate to say it - same underlying cause. Slow link, too much data (greed and impatience, lol).

You mentioned this doesn't happen when you're logged in as a civ - which is a tad surprising, given this:

vehcount classname side

80 C_Offroad_01_F civ

5 C_Hatchback_01_F civ

4 B_Quadbike_01_F civ

3 O_Truck_03_covered_F civ

1 B_Truck_01_box_F civ

1 C_Boat_Civil_01_F civ

1 O_Truck_03_transport_F civ

1 C_Van_01_transport_F civ

1 B_Truck_01_mover_F civ

1 O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F civ

I reckon it won't be long before this lot starts lagging out your garage-display... :)

Your cop vehicle situation is even worse:

134 C_SUV_01_F cop

84 C_Hatchback_01_sport_F cop

21 I_Truck_02_covered_F cop

12 B_Heli_Light_01_F cop

8 I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F cop

2 B_SDV_01_F cop

1 B_Heli_Transport_01_F cop

1 B_Boat_Armed_01_minigun_F cop

All in all, between your civ and cop vehicle garages, you have THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY ONE vehicles stored! Given that the database system needs a moment or two to sift between which are civ and which are cop, even before it begins the process of shunting all the summary information for those vehicles down the pipeline to your ARMA3 client (so that they can be shown in the list-box that you click on to select which one you're removing from storage).... this is a helluva lot of data to shift in a short space of time.

Hell, for all I know, your ARMA3 client is even running out of local MEMORY, let alone time (this may also apply to Perez, too, maybe - impossible to tell from here, though).

I'd advise the same approach for you, as I did for Perez. Take some time out to manage your garage, waiting as long as possible to see whether it ever populates fully at all, and whether you can sell anything (again, waiting patiently for the screen to return once sold).

If no go, then I can wipe out all your cop vehicles (no compensation due for those), and give your civ vehicles a haircut, but will need some direction from you as to the ones you want to keep most.

LOL wtf did I do no wonder, I spent nearly 1 MILLION just on offroads this is crazy, ok so these are the vehicles I want deleting right away so I can start getting vehicles out of my garage :D lol

96 C_Offroad_01_F
21 B_Quadbike_01_F

9 C_Hatchback_01_F

I have stayed at the garage but still nothing popping up so I have learnt my lesson by buying so many vehicles I never knew this would happen aha I hope this will fix my garage it is the only solution!

Thanks TinyBigJacko for all the help I hope this fixes it :)

Confirm you have tried to handle this in-game since I reported the cause, please (waited at least 5 minutes for a garage to populate).

Then - if you want me to deal with it via the database engine - confirm you are OUT of game, and will stay out of game until I have finished and replied here again

Confirm you have tried to handle this in-game since I reported the cause, please (waited at least 5 minutes for a garage to populate).

Then - if you want me to deal with it via the database engine - confirm you are OUT of game, and will stay out of game until I have finished and replied here again
I have been at the garage for 15-20 minutes I have now exited my game so yeah I will wait for your confirmation when you have finished with my garage.

OK- deletion in process now then. Stand by, and stay out of game until I report back...

That's a hell of a lot of vehicles! Thanks for taking a look into it. Still can't access the police vehicle garage so I guess it would be best to delete all of the vehicles from the database. As for the civilian garage I'd guess the only things worth keeping for the rare occasion I do log on as a civ would be: 3 O_Truck_03_covered_F and the civ1 O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F civ. Also I am out of game for this process to complete.

Thanks for the help

OK Perez.. Job done.

I have deleted 95 Offroads (left you with one), 20 Quadbikes (again, left you with one), 8 Hatchbacks (and again, one left) and 5 Hatchback Sports that were duplicates of each other, colour-wise. This leaves 21 vehicles in your garage. You've still got a couple of duplicate civvy boats, but you can deal with those yourself, I hope - you may want them both, for all I know!

Anyway... I did a tot-up of the current 'SELL' prices of all those vehicles and it came to £452,925 which seemed a little low, given that you probably never intended to buy these vehicles in the first place, but felt compelled to. So I've retotaled it using the donator purchase prices instead, and credited your bank balance with £993,000 which is the cost of purchase of them all from donator shops.

Given the work involved, please don't come back and say "but I bought some of them from ordinary non-donator shops and they cost more than donator prices", or I shall scream! :) You can always rob some poor bastard in-game and blame it on the State screwing you over! LOL. But I think you're probably okay now, anyway. Please go and check now, to see if you can see any vehicles in-game. Remember to be patient and give it time to populate the window!!! If you have a crappy net link, even 21 vehicles MIGHT be near your limit - but who knows... time will tell...

Back