What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Can cops scrap your vehicle just for killing cops?

Vladimir_Ivanov

Two cops started chasing my HEMTT Box full of diamonds but I had a weapon in my hands (I could not put it in my backpack) so I tried to run from them (HEMTT box can't go over 81km/h). I got off the vehicle and started shooting at them. Then I got killed and they instantly scrapped my HEMTT without checking its content. I tried to talk to them but I got no answer. Are they allowed to do that? I have got video evidence but my connection is slow so I would like to get an answer before uploading the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can only scrap the vehicle when it is involved in some sort of crime.

If you where using the vehicle to escape the police, they may scrap it.

I remember one time, my hatchback sport got scrapped for jumping out of it, and knocking a cop out. Seems like cop are abusing that command then...

If an officer finds that a car or truck is used in illegal transportation escape or to aid a criminal in any attempt to break the law they have the power to either impound if they deem the crime wasn't serious enough to warrant a scrapping action.

So OP you ran from police failure to stop had an illegal firearm attempted to take the life of police officers so attempted murder, any one of these crimes could realisticly be dealt with by way of fine, but together I believe the officers acted in accordance mandated by them.

As apposed to Dreamz statement jumping out of a car and knocking an officer out you don't believe that an illegal activity worthy of both fine perhaps jail time and the destruction of your vehicle ? Perhaps you should come to the United Kingdom and put that theory to the test.

I still not get why the vehicle has to be scrapped. If you commit a crime you have to pay money and maybe going to jail, but scrapping the vehicle just not makes sense because you can commit a crime with a mohawk but also with a hatchback, so the amount of money you'd be paying for the exact same crime would be 6mill less, totally unfair imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets forget its scrapped then Lets see, We shall call it under the proceeds of crime act.

Confiscation Orders (Crown Court)
A confiscation order can be made by the Crown Court to deprive criminals of the benefit from their crimes. If it is proven that a criminal has committed an acquisitive crime (i.e. theft) and they have benefited from that crime, then an accredited Financial Investigator can identify the value of any assets the criminal holds (bank accounts, houses, vehicles). This can then be used to pay back the amount they are said to have benefited from their crime, even if the assets are legally held.

If the application for a confiscation order is successful, criminals have a specified number of days, weeks, months to pay the full amount or be subject to a prison sentence.

Forfeiture Orders (Magistrates Court)
A forfeiture order can also be made against a person at Magistrates Court using the Proceeds of Crime Act. This is only made against cash which is believed to be the proceeds of crime or intended for use in crime. An order can be made even if someone has not been charged or convicted of criminal offence.

A forfeiture order immediately deprives the defendant of title, whereas a confiscation order is only an order to pay a sum of money and is enforced as if it were a fine. If confiscation is invoked the court will not usually be able to make a forfeiture order.

Benefits of POCA
  • It removes criminal assets from our county that could be used to generate more crime
  • Crime is likely to fall as criminals stripped of their assets risk future confiscations if they return to their old ways
  • Stifles criminal activity and sends a clear message to everyone including criminals that crime does not pay
  • It reduces the iconic status of criminals and crime
Financial investigation using the Proceeds of Crime Act allows the police and law enforcement agencies to combat a very wide range of criminality, including:

• Drug trafficking;
  • Money laundering;
  • Terrorism;
  • People trafficking;
  • Arms trafficking;
  • Counterfeiting;
  • Blackmail;
  • Armed robbery;
  • Fraud;

Back