What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Call this a rant if you like

Lemmen

I like boats
Unlinked
It's my time to have a rant about some thing that are currently happening.

So the current situation between rebels and police aren't good, Police are sitting in Police channels and moaning about Rebels, and Rebels are sitting in their gang channels moaning about Police.

So how about I point out some things that I and others believe are currently wrong with both rebels and police

• The Rebels are simply too militarized
Don't get me wrong, because the Police are also too militarized, currently we have rebels running around with MXM's with silencers and DMS scopes. And in what sense would a rebel get their hands on this kind of equipment? They wouldn't

Also the Police, We go around with Assault rifles on normal patrols awaiting a firefight, Why can't we go around with an SMG (MP5) , lethal pistol & a Tazer? Simply because then we get kidnapped or killed by Rebels with 6.5's and 7.62 weaponry

Solution? Quite simple actually, limit the Rebel & Police Armory.

Like Rebels, they don't go around in ghillie suits with MK-1's

They go around in a guerilla outfit with a 5.56 at max, and they then can put their 5.56 in their backpack, take their masks off, and put their vests in their backpack aswell, and bam they blend in with the general population

• Roleplay
The quality of roleplay has dropped very much here the last couple of weeks

There's 2 reasons for this

1. According to rebels, they don't want to roleplay due to their gear being expensive as fuck
  2. Alot of rebels just want firefights
Again don't get me wrong there's some bad apples in the police force who's also only looking for firefights

I think, if we limit the rebel armory to TRG's, MK20's, the AK's from the modpack, Possibly the Katiba, The Rahim and possibly the MK14

and we also limit the Police Armory to: Tazers, Lethal Pistols, Submachine guns and only Assault rifles for higher ups / the Armed Response unit

I believe this will increase roleplay a huge amount, please state your own opinion

I'd just like to note aswell that I'm well tired of firefights, it get's real boring after the first 3000...

Topic rules:

Don't be Salty, state your opinion without moaning about it, that's my job

This is not a rage post of any form, if anyone in this topic tries to provoke or troll they will receive a warning point as per forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, rly one more of these posts? Every week you can see one. GIve it one month and most gang members wont afford the rifles, since there is no more donator price guns left.

If I may just put it out there. Today there was a bank job that was done by EXP and I wanted to talk to see what they wanted but they told me they wanted all the gold and that I should just leave. When the rebels complain that we don't RP most of the time. We try to role play but it doesn't work out because no one wants to lose.

Again not putting any drama out there and not saying EXP is a bad Gang just wanted to say what goes on in Altis Life and that it should be fixed. (Many gangs do pretty much the same thing this is just what happened today)

I'm not a rebel or in the police and i try to RP my way out of everything. Yes i have had problems with rebels just wanting my stuff, with very little RP but at the same time i have also got some of my best RP moments with being kidnapped by them. But the same is with the cops but yeah i have had good RP with a lot of cops but the majority of it has been bad. And this has been over my hole 8 mouths on the sever. My biggest problem has been, me wanting to have fun RP but they could not be bothered with it (side note this is not me getting on at the cop, because both sides have done this but i am getting to a point)  Yes i get it the cops have to deal with a lot of shit for hobos and people looking for a fire fight. And i suppose rebel also have have to deal with shit too. Maybe not as much as cop but yeah, i feel like the biggest problem is that people don't think about how they would like the situation to play out if the roles where switched. And at the end of the day all the cops and rebels have big debate on how they are getting treated unfair or they just want a fire fight. And this ends up pissing both sides off, but the people who suffer the most is us civs who are looking for a fun RPING time in the game. But everyone is so pissed of with each other both sides forget about RP, for example rebel gets kill by cop and is pissed of. So he robs some one to get money and gear for payback or because he just want gear again. So he does not care about RP he just wants his shit back. Or the police have been dealing with rebel fire fight after fire fight, and is tired of it and pissed of some when wee old me comes to RP as security company, coming to check the banks gold or many other RP situations i want to go. RP as a new  janitor or secretary at the police station i get told to go away because they can be bothered with is or just completely ignored. How am i meant to get any RP now. When i first came to the server everyone was happy to RP both cops and rebel. I remember going in to the red zone as a hobo naked and RPING with rebels. last week i done it and yes i know you can shoot on sight there, but i was hoping them seeing a naked hobo, and there was six of them they might just want to RP with me. But know shoot on sight. it is at the point where i am less wanting to RP and now just wanting to be left alone with my mate witch such, So please stop thinking this is a cop and rebel problem because it effects us civs a lot more trust me. And people need to keep this in mind because at the end of the day we have to deal with both sides when they are in a bad mood about what happened, we suffer. I hope you can see where i am coming from.  

I just suggested this and pretty much everyone shot it down. I even suggested adding gun smiting with a dynamic market for firearms or making the AR Cache actually have weapons to steal instead of selling them to make cash. 

I agree that I think its unrealistic for rebels to have access to military hardware such as the MX series and 7.62 rifles.

wow, rly one more of these posts? Every week you can see one. GIve it one month and most gang members wont afford the rifles, since there is no more donator price guns left.
Here we go again
This is unwanted,  have a different opinion state it, but don't post salty comments like those.

I just suggested this and pretty much everyone shot it down. I even suggested adding gun smiting with a dynamic market for firearms or making the AR Cache actually have weapons to steal instead of selling them to make cash. 

I agree that I think its unrealistic for rebels to have access to military hardware such as the MX series and 7.62 rifles.

The issue with alot of rebels are aswell that they complain about their gear costs alot of money when in reality they could just get a trg and guerilla outfit for the profit from an APPLE RUN

but the trg is 5.56 ew

I've come into multiple different situations over my second time as being a cop, where I watch cops that arrest people for pathetic things and give them max tickets and Max punishments, or they don't listen to the role play story and just want to follow the book. That's not okay, no matter who says it is. We are here to role play, fair enough the book is there for a reason however when someone comes up with a fantastic role play story, or doesn't look like they've done their crime on purpose then they should be power gamed half as much as I currently see.

with that being said, that's the biggest problems from the cops, just the power game.

rebels in the other hand, I think just need to go around without having an illegal firearm out all the time and just try not to bait police when they get bored. I know everyone does it, but since the big gangs have been a bit more inactive, cops have been able to cope with hobos causing havoc a bit easier. I'm not blaming big gangs, but there's been a big increase in smaller gangs popping up. 

It takes one bad apple from either faction to destroy a scenario, so I think when in a role play scenario, give the rebel a chance to explain why he has committed said crimes and punish him left of the story is good. Give the cops a chance of they  don't do their job properly before gunning them down, because they might realise and start to make it up to you.

both sides are currently too trigger happy.

Here we go again
It was asked to provide constructive comments to add to the discussion. I am watching this and I will issue warning points for further saltylike comments, or comments that just do not add to the debate. Keep it constructive people.

I would quote certain parts and go into more detail but Apple don't like to make phones which are in any way of use to anyone so I can't without wasting half of my day.

Most of this, I completely agree with James. i do.  Like you said we get 6.5's and 7.62's whereas you get a 5.56 until SGT+. However I don't think that's the only issue here. I think, and know, as a rebel as well as previous cop (but see it more in the rebels, in all honesty) that too many people don't mute their f*cking comms IMMEDIATELY when they are restrained - it's a rule people!!!

i say this because it then leads to 'unrestrain me or die' and I'm not here calling myself an angel I prefer to try and RP most things but yes, I have done it and the majority of you would be liars if you hadn't, and as mentioned, it's not very credible RP.

Whereas I disagree that we should be limited to entirely 5.56's I believe certain 6.5'a, mainly the MXM, but the MX SW could also work should not be concealable. These are rifles which are not only huge, heavy and common, bit effective up to around 800-1000metres. How the fuck do you fit an MXM in a backpack without taking the whole thing apart?

as for roleplay, I can vouch for you again James in that a lot of rebels do you like to shoot. However, I also believe that (i hope nobody takes this personally) that too many cops are too glued to the handbook! I mean in real life, no matter your excuse you get seen murder someone it's jail, however, where would be the fun there if the idea is to be able to RP your way out of the stickiest situation?

This has been very long winded and it's early so I apologise if it was a steaming heap of shite but long story short I just think people need to stop, slap themselves and realise that at the end of the day we're all just people screaming at a computer threatening to report eachother. It's a game, and we're all one huge (family) community. Chill out.

What i posted is not salty and i dont think it deserves a warning point. As i said before we are reading these topics every day and night and its not solving anything or doing any good. Police says we want fire fights were too armed. And were saying police rushing RP or powergaming. Its just the cycle as it. And it is not going to be better with these topics. We need a meeting or some sort of that solution. And yes this is a serious RP server but limiting guns or some kind of solution like that wont resolve it because this is a combat game after all. People must understand that this server is a serious RP server other than that this problem wont get solved. Because if someones doing it with Mk18 they can do it with TRG's aswell.

I'd actualy love to see rebels being more like guerilla than damn OPFOR army.Definetly great idea and i'm saying this as a rebel.

For a week or so i'm just driving around the island and trying to get some roleplay and i've seen alot of stuff that's way mre wastelandlike,

for example i was sitting in kavala station trying to get a phone call to PC Cow and suddenly there comes a hunter with 5 heavily armed police officers shouting at me STEP BACK STEP BACK OR YOU'RE GOING TO JAIL!On the other hand i was randomly driving along arifiled and suddenly i see an ifrit and about 5 rebels geared exactly same with mx'es ,military helmets and BLUFOR uniforms.Clearly this wouldn't happen in real life.

My suggestion is to remove acces for rebels to the ghilli suits and BLUFOR/OPFOR equipement except maybe katiba not to put rebels as disadvantage ,keep it only INDOFR,first it'll make the gear not so dangerous and expensive so the rebels won't loose much anymore and would make AltisLife way more realistic.The police should make a rule that you've to carry a tazer rifle with you even if you've acces to better weapons (SGT+).I'm sure this would increase quality of RP and would decrease the militarisation.

Just like zafir's and mk200s got removed i think that's another step necesarry for improvement of RP on this great server as this isn't random wasteland!

(sorry for wall of text ;) )

and again, and again, and again its someone of the police making this kind of post

umm so about rebles only having a 5.56 max in real life.... ladies and gentelmen i would like to introduce you to the kalashnikov style rifles. the most widely coppied and mass produced rifle in the world with an estimated 100 million in circulation currently. ps usually chambered in a 7.62 x 39 also currently there are rpgs rpds and rpks as well as m60's in use in africa by gorila's as well as rebles around the world. also i know this is mainly in america and isrial but we have fully armed police.

My solution to this is that everyone should just take the time to talk to the other faction out of game and also keep in mind that this is just a game and that it is for fun and to relax not to stress out about.

and again, and again, and again its someone of the police making this kind of post
Right, now I have had enough. This is in no way constructive and the repetitive use of the word ''again'' in the way you use it, is just meant as either provocation or just to talk down to the police. It was clearly asked in the original post NOT to comment unless you add to the constructive discussion between community members and even after that I have warned that I was watching this and would not tolerate it being derailed by non-constructive comments.

Warning point issued. Posting restricted for 3 days this time. Let it be a warning AGAIN to other people intending to not add to the discussion. More points will follow if needed. Keep it constructive!

umm so about rebles only having a 5.56 max in real life.... ladies and gentelmen i would like to introduce you to the kalashnikov style rifles. the most widely coppied and mass produced rifle in the world with an estimated 100 million in circulation currently. ps usually chambered in a 7.62 x 39 also currently there are rpgs rpds and rpks as well as m60's in use in africa by gorila's as well as rebles around the world. also i know this is mainly in america and isrial but we have fully armed police.

My solution to this is that everyone should just take the time to talk to the other faction out of game and also keep in mind that this is just a game and that it is for fun and to relax not to stress out about.
Lemmen actually said that there would be 5.56 rifles and AKs,maybe katibas awell,USA is going to be USA,It's UK based server,i've never been to UK ,so i can't tell but i doubt that officers there are running around with assault rifles on normal patrol.

From my own experience in Poland i can tell that Police is just driving around in their cars responding to calls,or trying to catch speeders,only weapons they have is 9mm pistol and a baton on a normal city patrol, if there's a dangerous situation Anti Terrorist squads   are called with snipers and real assault rifles H&K 416,H&K 417 and 7,62x39 AK,AKM,AKS,but only in real big gang actions as there are no terrorists in Poland yet ,I guess that's western world problem.

2d5bdb355466ce6c313cbb0f39273a2b.jpg

That's polish Anti Terrrorist squad,you can't see any assault rifles even there.

P.S.

You call people with AK's terrorists,we call them Police :p

I don't really think this is a new problem, this problem about people wanting to firefight above RP has always been on the server. I think rebels shouldn't be armed with MX'es maybe a katiba and that rebels should be scared to death when they see AR, but not when they see regular police, who I think shouldn't have a better weapon than an SMG, a pistol and a tazer. Furthermore Cops usually give you a good RP session as long as you don't start treatening them. I want to thanks @mental and @polski belg for their excellent roleplay and for representing cops that really want to RP, had great fun a couple of days ago.

Roleplay

The quality of roleplay has dropped very much here the last couple of weeks

There's 2 reasons for this

1. According to rebels, they don't want to roleplay due to their gear being expensive as fuck
  2. Alot of rebels just want firefights
If I was in such a situation, I'd rather RP with the police to save my gear as opposed to fight them, die and lose it all. 

Perhaps a treaty could be organised, like the one between UNMC and Police a few months ago. That seemed to sort things out between us for a while. Or, how about a Rebel + Police meeting where both sides could vent their feelings and a decision could be reached without aggression.

Back