What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Bounty Hunter license - does it ever disappear?

Michael Fletcher

Hi, before I commit £2 million to becoming a bounty hunter, I'd like to know if the license disappears in any event, such as death, murder, or being sent to prison.

Thanks for the help!

Yes if you go-to prison or if you go and buy a rebel licence.

Its a path you take... the right side of the law or the wrong side :)

I so far have turned to a life of crime, and have yet to lose my bounty hunter license just be smart when you have a bounty, and dont drive in your own car on the road...

I would advise speaking to existing BH'ers before you invest 2mil into something you might not like. 

Being good has serious drawbacks:

-Less Than Lethal PDW will ONLY tase those on the wanted list.

---If you get mugged etc, you are rendered defenceless unless you can change to a pistol. Which still leaves you at a dis-advantage vs primary weapons.

-It's extremely difficult to catch a bounty as (unless it's been changed) you can only see the list of criminals at the BH HQ In kavala, and only there can you buy a tip to their last known location. 

---It's never acceptable to meta-game to bring a criminal in. HOWEVER... if you call out their name and they turn, address you, then confirm their name, I'd say they're stupid enough to be arrested and taken in. But it's a dodgy road so make sure you know what you're doing

-Cops can (and have been know to do so) take criminals off you, even when you bring them in at the station WITHOUT giving you all/share of the reward. 

---I'm not sure if cops still earn money from bounties, but they still should be either letting you send them to jail or giving you an amount of the bounty

-Cops generally don't like you around them. 

---You're essentially doing what they want to do.

-Cop especially don't like it when you walk around with your PDW out in your hands/on your back.

---it's LTL and only effects the bad guys, but I had many issues carrying my weapon around. 

-You must wear the BH Uniform when you are trying to hunt criminals. No uniform means you cannot arrest them. 

---Also makes you a target for rebels since they know you can't harm them if they're not wanted. Especially troublesome when cops make you put away your PDW. (You are now an unarmed target with a big sign over your head saying "Hey look at me I'm a BH and I want to arrest you if you're wanted!")

-You will not be able to access the Blackmarket.

---No Uniforms, Ghille suits, helmets, Ifrits, Rebel Off-road or trucks (still available at a truck shop).

I was a BH for a long time and it honestly was more of a hinderence than a gain. Tracking criminals was extremely difficult, and unless you have a small group, taking on any more than 1 at a time is impossible, since if they're friend isn't wanted, he will stop you taking his friend to jail. And there is nothing you can do to stop him.

Now that you lose your 2m licence going to jail, if you do defend yourself with a pistol etc you will have to explain to the cops what happened. And likely pay a hefty sum (£100,000 per kill even reduced by 50% is still £50k). If they think you're a bad guy, they can send you to jail and you'll lose that 2m licence. 

Anyone with a bounty over £300k will typically be in a group. And you will struggle to catch them alone. So you will only get smaller ones between £25,000 and £150,000. It's great fun when you can track someone down over 30-90min but the pay doesn't justify it. And with no lethal primary, doing Iron runs etc will leave you limited in defence. 

If you've read through all my experience and feedback you should be able to figure out if BH'ing is for you.

Best of luck!

Heatproofsean, thank you very much for the info. In the end, you saved me 2 million. I also had a close look at the bounty hunter system while I was wanted for £300.000, and basically the BH couldn't do much, because no-one knew my name, I didn't give it to him and there was no vehicle to help identify me.

All in all, crime pays. A lot, if you're driving a HEMMT full of coke.

I would advise speaking to existing BH'ers before you invest 2mil into something you might not like. 

Being good has serious drawbacks:

-Less Than Lethal PDW will ONLY tase those on the wanted list.

---If you get mugged etc, you are rendered defenceless unless you can change to a pistol. Which still leaves you at a dis-advantage vs primary weapons.

-It's extremely difficult to catch a bounty as (unless it's been changed) you can only see the list of criminals at the BH HQ In kavala, and only there can you buy a tip to their last known location. 

---It's never acceptable to meta-game to bring a criminal in. HOWEVER... if you call out their name and they turn, address you, then confirm their name, I'd say they're stupid enough to be arrested and taken in. But it's a dodgy road so make sure you know what you're doing

-Cops can (and have been know to do so) take criminals off you, even when you bring them in at the station WITHOUT giving you all/share of the reward. 

---I'm not sure if cops still earn money from bounties, but they still should be either letting you send them to jail or giving you an amount of the bounty

-Cops generally don't like you around them. 

---You're essentially doing what they want to do.

-Cop especially don't like it when you walk around with your PDW out in your hands/on your back.

---it's LTL and only effects the bad guys, but I had many issues carrying my weapon around. 

-You must wear the BH Uniform when you are trying to hunt criminals. No uniform means you cannot arrest them. 

---Also makes you a target for rebels since they know you can't harm them if they're not wanted. Especially troublesome when cops make you put away your PDW. (You are now an unarmed target with a big sign over your head saying "Hey look at me I'm a BH and I want to arrest you if you're wanted!")

-You will not be able to access the Blackmarket.

---No Uniforms, Ghille suits, helmets, Ifrits, Rebel Off-road or trucks (still available at a truck shop).

I was a BH for a long time and it honestly was more of a hinderence than a gain. Tracking criminals was extremely difficult, and unless you have a small group, taking on any more than 1 at a time is impossible, since if they're friend isn't wanted, he will stop you taking his friend to jail. And there is nothing you can do to stop him.

Now that you lose your 2m licence going to jail, if you do defend yourself with a pistol etc you will have to explain to the cops what happened. And likely pay a hefty sum (£100,000 per kill even reduced by 50% is still £50k). If they think you're a bad guy, they can send you to jail and you'll lose that 2m licence. 

Anyone with a bounty over £300k will typically be in a group. And you will struggle to catch them alone. So you will only get smaller ones between £25,000 and £150,000. It's great fun when you can track someone down over 30-90min but the pay doesn't justify it. And with no lethal primary, doing Iron runs etc will leave you limited in defence. 

If you've read through all my experience and feedback you should be able to figure out if BH'ing is for you.

Best of luck!

Police no longer get bounty,

Bounty hunter can now check bounty from the Y menu

As you said in your post PDW only work on bounty so your going to need a side arm.

There are many bounty hunter to group up with, Talk to seb rogain  you normally see him bounty hunting inside kavala

Its more about the Roleplay then it is about making money.  During my bounty hunting days I made about 5 million in just over a week.

No problem. The BH system is weighted against them because of meta-gamers. But this was largely due to un-clear rules when it was released. Glad you saved yourself a few mil ^^

I hope one day they will become whitelisted, structured like the police/umnc/nhs and have the tools they need to actually hunt down players who amass huge bounties. Being wanted for millions should be like being an outlaw. If you enter cities and towns, you'll be recognised and people will start hunting you. 

Imagine 4-10 bounty hunters sweeping towns for clues, last know locations, clothing descriptions and other intel, waiting until they are the most vulnerable before the 2-3 groups move in and bust them. It would be glorious! And since Police can't hunt High-Value Targets, it creates a brilliant opportunity for the two to work together. As well as the PRNA.

One day, I hope something like that happens, and I'll there in a heartbeat haha :D

Back