What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Any chance server 2 can be put up?

Solid Snake

The game is running amok for me cars are flying around destroying everything its not playable at all :(

There are some reports that the latest arma 3 update brought back the flying cars we seen in version 1.18 

Server 2 is currently offline for reasons surrounding the last time we got rid of it... people are just using it to do drug runs only because there is no threat of cops or some actual roleplay :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there no way possible you could dedicate police to server 2? like split 50/50, im not blaming no one, but its just hard to play when stuff like this happens and nothing like this happened on server 2, If there was a dedicated police force set for server 2 the drug issue would be solved straight away wouldnt it ? :)

Reality is, you can't MAKE people play police roles on server 2 to the exclusion of all else... it's a game for them too, not a responsibility. We have to be careful of that kind of 'rule' because people need the freedom to play when they want to, and with whom they want to, where they want to. The cops are not paid (nor are the admins, for that matter), so it's unfair to restrict them. Mostly, they'll just say "FU" and leave, if we do that... so the drug problem will not be solved. :(

As Wilco said, we are undertaking masses of research to find out exactly why there is a difference in performance between our Vilayer server and our OVH one, to see if we can make our main server perform as well as the latter. We have our hunches, but we probably won't ever know for sure until we have a full and frank conversation with Vilayer. That takes time to organise, sadly, because it involves multiple bigwigs to all be available at once.

Similarly, we don't want to just plonk server 2 up constantly, partly because of the issues with the 'cop avoiders' using it to exploit their way to max cash, and partly because synchronising everything from TeamSpeak, Banlists, RCON Admin control and restart times is a royal pain in the arse. If we then get into batch-operations to handle restarts and shutdowns only when server 1 is already filled, then it gets hideously complicated. I'm not saying we can't do it, but it's not something we've done before, and the setup prep is massive. It's a question of priorities - whether we want advancements in the game, vs second servers, vs faster performance out of our core server, vs admins processing unbans and comps, and so on.

Leave it with us. We hear your calls, and would love to accommodate all of them immediately, but reality means we have to pick and choose what battles we fight, and when. But we do hear.

Well i really appreciate the informative post, I hear what you saying. I wont say no more :)

Is there any way to replace the host of server 1 to the high performance one in the mean time? Or use server 2 in place of server 1, purely for high frames until the issue is addressed? No idea how any of it works really, just a thought.

Back