What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

ANPR problem

VikRambo

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
So my keyboard has no numpad but I used Sharpkeys to bind my ANPR key (/) to (`) so now everytime I press that key the system detects it as me pressing /. But when I use it in Arma the ANPR still doesn't work.

So I was hoping for some help. Do need the ANPR badly.

I'd also appreciate if anyone else has any alternate methods on keybinding and such.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a custom key thats been used.

Not sure what key this is, but @Wilco or @Ciaranmight know what custom key this is.

someone else might know it, if you get a answer, just change this within your controls in configure.

Maybe this will work, just use the on screen keyboard with extended numpad and bind it to that /.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its a custom key thats been used.

Not sure what key this is, but @Wilco or @Ciaranmight know what custom key this is.

someone else might know it, if you get a answer, just change this within your controls in configure.
None of the custom keys is the ANPR. Member of the support team tried too. 

26 minutes ago, bizby said:

Maybe this will work, just use the on screen keyboard with extended numpad and bind it to that /.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've got Windows 8.1 so no Microsoft Keyboard for it.

None of the custom keys is the ANPR. Member of the support team tried too. 

I've got Windows 8.1 so no Microsoft Keyboard for it.
Way the ANPR system is done is that the script is binded to a key ID. This meaning changing the bind in arma3 options wont resolve the issue for you. What you need to do is to have one key removed totally and then add "/" to that key. 

You can use this as a reference, if you cant sort it out by tomorrow, ill try to create a hack for your issue; http://superuser.com/questions/630964/how-to-edit-keyboard-registry-settings-for-keys-with-3-character-scan-codes

Im not familiar how sharpkeys work, but asfar as i understood and red from the comments it basicly makes a GUI for that same stuff what you can do by hand. If you use the same scancode as the / button has, you should end up with working solution!

TLDR; double check your sharpkey configurations!

It's okay now. Figured it out myself with trial and error. Just an FYI Sharpkeys suck ass.

For anyone who needs it:

Download AutoHotKey and in the script simply add "[NewKey]::NUMPADdiv" i.e "g::NUMPADdiv"

Thanks to everyone who helped.

Back