What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Altis Life UK 5.2.5 Optimization and Cleanup update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEA Needs:

• Baclava
  • Hunters for every rank
  • Own clothing
  • Own weapons(MX or MXC) in use for drug raiding
  • Should be a seperate permission(We limit the supply to the streets)

Then how does server 1 constantly crash after restart when there is a event going on if it never caps over 70% and the 10% RAM?

by dedicated host i mean also the bandwith to the server,
Thats because the A3 engine cannot cope with that many packets back and forth at one time. The upload is 1GB with a burst of 1.5 GB. Nor is this ever capped out. We have saw the max of ~300 Megabytes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats because the A3 engine cannot cope with that many packets back and forth at one time. The upload is 1GB with a burst of 1.5 GB. Nor is this ever capped out. We have saw the max of ~300 Megabytes.
Bouncing from this: the A3 engine is not optimised fully. It doesn't matter how good the hardware is (of which we have a damn good setup) if the software cannot use it properly.

Also, wasn't there something about Altis Life itself using copyrighted scripts or something? Would that have anything to do with anything?

DEA Needs:

• Baclava
  • Hunters for every rank
  • Own clothing
  • Own weapons(MX or MXC) in use for drug raiding
  • Should be a seperate permission(We limit the supply to the streets)
This is not focused on the DEA. We don't need a list of what you want . Yes this sucked for everyone i mean we lost everything but it will be fixed. Cirian is working hard to make sure it all gets fixed and changed for server purposes and players purposes. It frustrating i know trust me but lets remember that Cirian and wilco give up lost of there time to try and help us and make this server a better and more dynamic environment each day, and sometimes it wont all go the way we want. And when this happens we just have to suck it up and puck apples. 

KrHaLUAF1vaZq.gif

Hearing about so many people raging when i wake up yet in this post i hardly see it... just people from the DEA and there leader was told most of the skins will unfortunately be removed the other night.

As for the UNMC there changes were temp because i didnt have the time to recode over 2000 items and i question if have of them was really needed.

Please people if you are raging don't keep it on the server or in your teamspeak room respond to this message directly so we can fix issues otherwise they will never get fixed

I hate this school girl talking in groups but no guts to say anything culture that some people seem to have.

I await your posts :)

Wait, so less than 24 hours after we're told we wouldn't lose the wall, we lose the wall? Ridiculous. Once again told one thing, and something else happens.

The wall is a issue but i will personally sit there and disable simulation and damage to it (long job)
And when this happens we just have to suck it up and puck apples. 
Nope, with all due respect, you're wrong.

Edit:

As for the UNMC there changes were temp because i didnt have the time to recode over 2000 items and i question if have of them was really needed.
(My opinion) Just remove everything except for the wall, checkpoint & location X. Besides those, including the base edits, it's all just flair anyway.

Altis Life UK 5.2.5 Optimization and Cleanup update.

• Ability to use a squad.xml
:(

Just a heads up... they're still working at the moment so... did this one get reverted or is it planned to be removed??

Wait, so less than 24 hours after we're told we wouldn't lose the wall, we lose the wall? Ridiculous. Once again told one thing, and something else happens.

Nope, with all due respect, you're wrong.

Edit:

(My opinion) Just remove everything except for the wall, checkpoint & location X. Besides those, including the base edits, it's all just flair anyway.

Did you hear losing the wall from me ?

Do you know how many items is in that "wall" or on the UNMC area... more than the entire map completely

I am not going to discuss changes for 10 people when we have 200 people on the servers.

Hearing about so many people raging when i wake up yet in this post i hardly see it... just people from the DEA and there leader was told most of the skins will unfortunately be removed the other night.
Were mainly annoyed because we waited that long to get them, then have them taken away from us within a week or two. It was the only thing we had as a Special Unit. All I heard of the DEA skins being removed was from people on TeamSpeak saying that Maratek said in the meeting (that I was unable to attend as I was out with friends IRL) that they where put in without him knowing when I sent him multiple screenshots through PM on teamspeak not getting any reply (obviously never checked his PM's.) When I asked if I could talk to him about it all I got out of him was he wants them removed and that he liked the normal Police DEA clothing (the orange ones) People then kept joining our channel asking Maratek questions so we where unable to continue our conversation. I then asked Maratek by PM on teamspeak to come into the DEA channel so we can all speak to him as a group and tell him our opinions and talk to him, he then moved channels and went AFK.

I was then told by you the other night there saying that you where clearing some stuff up trying to make the server files smaller, I thought you wouldn't remove them as it was the only thing we actually had. When making the server skins you agreed yourself that DEA should have skins and said that I could make them when the other skins where finished (ages ago).

I'm sorry if this looks like a bitch war, it's not intended as this were merely just voicing our opinions like you said. Not trying to target Maratek here but I have tried contacting him in the past but rarely get a reply (maybe too busy?).

I do hope that you reconsider the DEA skins as it really is the only thing we actually have to define us from other Police. Even if it was just the Uniform that we got back.

36DC5C1B61F30175FB11CC9F70CA42E4FC6EC7CF
Thank you.

So what your telling me Robert that it is your department in the police that is causing issues again over 1 change ?

Your CC and CSI's approved the remove therefore this isn't an admin issue its an internal police issue so dont make it public and have a meeting with the people in control of the police.

Having that ability to have a seperate image and therefor identity from another group of people is what I loved about this server. It really added to the immersion and realism of Altis that there were lots of different civilians, gangs, police forces and military each with their own unique image. It's something I will miss a great deal if it's not brought back in.

Like someone mentioned before that yes it is possible through RP alone to differentiate your group from another wether it be police, rebels or whatever but the image you portray via unique equipment, unique clothing and vehicles is equally important for RP in most cases.

Having that ability to have a seperate image and therefor identity from another group of people is what I loved about this server. It really added to the immersion and realism of Altis that there were lots of different civilians, gangs, police forces and military each with their own unique image. It's something I will miss a great deal if it's not brought back in.

Like someone mentioned before that yes it is possible through RP alone to differentiate your group from another wether it be police, rebels or whatever but the image you portray via unique equipment, unique clothing and vehicles is equally important for RP in most cases.
In terms of squad.xml we will look into this in the future... id rather host peoples squad.xml than it being hosted in different countrys and unknown hosts.

In terms of face skins.. unfortunately disabling this disables that.

This is going to be a standard build to build from, basically we deleted everything that wasn't top priority and that way we can troubleshoot issues and see what does what.

Bare with us, your opinions are not ignored and it might seem worse than it actually is.

We've always worked things out, this time won't be any different. 

No, UNMC will receive their wall eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back