What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

After playing for while, major frame drops.

Yea really need to know your temps to be sure if its that (The top flagship cards always run hot anyway tbh). When you get the slow down, does the screen freeze for awhile, then try to catch up, or is it just general crap frame rate? (Stuttering/speeding up/down is a sign of thermal throttling)

Also as a side point have you run "Nvidia Experience" to automatically adjust the Arma3 settings for your system spec? It's helped me out in the past a couple of times with various games.

As others have said sounds like heat is your main problem here, my GPU never goes above 70C under heavy load (air cooled). Does this happen on any other games at all ? 

another heat solution would be to replace your thermal paste as it does not last forever remove heatsink or your water cooling plate depending what you have clean off the plate put a grain of rice sized blob of thermal paste there and replace heatsink/watercooling plate.

Thank you all very much for your replies.

Heat doesn't seem to be a problem as I have installed new fans and it does not go above 45 degrees Celsius when playing now. Even after the lag starts. I have also replaced the thermal paste and cleaned everything out. It also does not seem to happen on any other games. 

The screen DOES freeze for about a minute and tries to catch up but about two minutes after that the game starts to lag as in the video.

It's a shame i'm yet to fix this problem and I may end up getting a new GPU/CPU. Just so you all know here are my specs once again:

Ok, so after around 20 m my game starts to lag tremendously and I have to restart the whole game to fix the problem. I feel my PC should be able to cope with this as I run at (Normally) 30fps before this happens and these are my specs:

GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 580
Intel Core i5-3350P CPU @ 3.10GHz
Memory: 4.00 GB RAM (3.47 GB usable)
Current resolution: 1440x900, 60Hz
Driver version: 340.2
OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro - 32bit at the moment but 64bit compatible.

Video of problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_OBG-YjrHU

Let's have a last ditch attempt of trying to fix this problem.

I just want to say how greatful I am. Thank you to everyone who has helped me on this topic. - Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully, I answered all the questions to the best of my ability in the above post. If you have any others, don't hesitate to ask.

- Tom

Yay! The problem is no fixed! I swapped from 32bit to 64bit and added 4gbs more of RAM.

Thank you to everyone who helped me out on this! - Forum Closed -

Back