What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

A good RP senario accused for powergaming

Vlad Vagin

OG
Unlinked
Hello fellow Altisians and Gods.

Reason for me posting this:
Yesterday me, my brother Borris and Cool were out having some thug fun.
And we decided to rob som gas stations, something we have had great RP from before, and a lot of fun.

So many of you might know that I have robbed gas stations since it came to Altis, and me or "Nick Johnson" have had several storys on how we did a mistake so the alarm went off.
We also contact the police ofc so we can assure that we get some RP. And from my previous situations, I usually get a pat on the back by the officer, saying nice new thinking / good rp boys etc. And our lovely original neighborhood watch came from gas station robberys.

But yesterday I had a totally diffrent accusation when I did this robbery with my brothers.
We sent a msg when we started the robbery, saying we were sorry that we managed to trigger the alarm, and that we only had training with our employees at the gas station
The police came, and I felt that PC Scottish played along, and I was thinking this was abit to easy mby.

Usualy the cops ask for some paperwork, who authorized etc.

Insted we get to go, and we were happy with a good RP senario, at least we thought.

I then recive a msg from PC Donald, who accuses us for Powergaming, and that we cant do this in the future.
I then go to the rulepage to see if its any new rule against powergaming, if what I did might be boarderline. But from my POV I did nothing wrong, and i just wanted to promote a RP senario with the cops.
But insted we get accused for breaking rules, and "advised" not to do it again.

Here is the video of the situation.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So my question:
What are we doing wrong here?
He claimed they had no chanse to bust us, as I mentioned, they had several ways to ask for paperwork and who authorization just as examples

Last edited by a moderator:
You did nothing wrong, this is a serious roleplay community and you did just that. I would like to know how he seen it as powergaming though... I thought you had a pretty good RP scenario

You did nothing wrong, this is a serious roleplay community and you did just that. I would like to know how he seen it as powergaming though... I thought you had a pretty good RP scenario
Thanks for clearing that up :)

I honestly do not see how this is powergaming. You are just roleplaying to get away with a robbery, so atleast what I think (you might think a bird is smarter) this is just a normal Rp scenario. As far as I am aware powergaming is using something that you can't do in game like shooting a guy inside the same vehicle as you and roleplaying in such a way that the other side can't do anything else than you say. So this situation right here I would just class as good roleplay because the cops did have a chance to bust you and give you a ticket but they choose not to ask you anything regarding a permit or any sort or paperwork.

You did nothing wrong except not rdm or scream put your hands up when police show up to the Petrol station like 90% of people who rob them do. (Lol, just banter ofc)

There was no way to even RP that back. 

As soon as the money was taken you left. Fair enough if you stuck around and RP'd a report with the NPC but you just left and headed to the next one.

There was no way to even RP that back. 

As soon as the money was taken you left. Fair enough if you stuck around and RP'd a report with the NPC but you just left and headed to the next one.
We simply headed away cause you guys left. You did not seem intrested in talking to us more.
Scottish did a great job, he said goodbuy.

When you choose not to ask for our names, paperwork, authorization, what company we work for etc. You chose not to try to bust us, and you just accepted our story. (we were ready to show paperwork and show that we were legit FYI)
And you cant accuse us for doing something wrong when you had many many ways to bust us. If you use your imagination just as we did

We simply headed away cause you guys left. You did not seem intrested in talking to us more.
Scottish did a great job, he said goodbuy.

When you choose not to ask for our names, paperwork, authorization, what company we work for etc. You chose not to try to bust us, and you just accepted our story. (we were ready to show paperwork and show that we were legit FYI)
And you cant accuse us for doing something wrong when you had many many was to bust us. If you use your imagination just as we did
Fair point, its original. Maybe next time try to do different RP since you "did hostage scenario training"  at gas stations from Kavala to kore. (That's what the dispatch message said)

Fair point, its original. Maybe next time try to do different RP since you "did hostage scenario training"  at gas stations from Kavala to kore. (That's what the dispatch message said)
I advise you to look at the dispatch + video and listen to our story.
We never mention Hostage.

We had a robbery training, with all gas stations on Altis. Never once was it said hostage.

And thats not the case, the case is that u accused a good RP senario to be powergaming, and its not good to accuse people when its not even right.
Think if this were some new players, and they thought they did a awesome robbery.
Then they get this msg, and think ohh shit we can never do that again.

U need to see it from several angles, and for a experienced player they bring it up to discuss.
A new player would mby just accepted it since he see ur from a whitelisted faction, and u claim stuff like that.

And over time that can hurt RP alot imo, if good RP get accused for beeing powergaming then we can have a problem

Donald, this is by no means power gaming, jumping in the back of someone's car as a hobo and telling the driver you have a gun pointed to his head that is power gaming, what you got here is just good roleplay and no matter what situation their is always something you can do always some way you can RP around it, it is only limited by your imagination.
you could of gone down the route well their is no permits been signed or the paperwork states no firearms or anything you wanted, or you could of helped them and got involved in the hostage op, shown them how you would storm the building anything you wanted, they are not doing it for the 20k they get between them.

I advise you to look at the dispatch + video and listen to our story.
We never mention Hostage.

We had a robbery training, with all gas stations on Altis. Never once was it said hostage.

And thats not the case, the case is that u accused a good RP senario to be powergaming, and its not good to accuse people when its not even right.
Think if this were some new players, and they thought they did a awesome robbery.
Then they get this msg, and think ohh shit we can never do that again.

U need to see it from several angles, and for a experienced player they bring it up to discuss.
A new player would mby just accepted it since he see ur from a whitelisted faction, and u claim stuff like that.
Hostage meaning the cashier, they are hostages untill they leave the gas station. If it was the wrong word to use, my bad.

I'm not saying it was rubbish RP, it was good. But you have to see it from our side, if everybody on the island started saying, Its a drill or I own the store then there would be no need for the police.

Also being a part of a whitelisted faction has no weight. Even if I was a Civ I would had said the same thing.

There is no point in arguing about it since its happened. 

I will just say that if there is another gas station with the same RP it will get stale and boring. 

I actually really enjoyed watching that video. Great to see you back around the island, Vlad! I look forward to any future interactions we have. <3 

I'm not saying it was rubbish RP, it was good. But you have to see it from our side, if everybody on the island started saying, Its a drill or I own the store then there would be no need for the police.
Then roleplay around it... Ask for paperwork if they claim they are the owner of the shop. If they say their weapon is a drill, then surely you would know better and can see the difference between a drill and a weapon. 

I will just say that if there is another gas station with the same RP it will get stale and boring.
If someone does the exact same thing over and over again then confront them about it. You don't do robbery training everyday, so make them show paperwork or ask them questions like, "how come you are doing robbery training everyday?". 

Hostage meaning the cashier, they are hostages untill they leave the gas station. If it was the wrong word to use, my bad.

Also being a part of a whitelisted faction has no weight. Even if I was a Civ I would had said the same thing.

There is no point in arguing about it since its happened. 

1. point taken

2. Well u kinda accuse it for beeing powergaming aka poor RP.

3. Yes that definitly make a diffrence, u are representing the server. And by being whitelited u should definitly be a person that know the rules, and know how this server is supposed to work.

Im not planning to argue, but get the point out here.

And get boring ? Mby change up how you handle the gas station robberys ? 
RP is a 2 way street, u get what u give.

1. point taken

2. Well u kinda accuse it for beeing powergaming aka poor RP.

3. Yes that definitly make a diffrence, u are representing the server. And by being whitelited u should definitly be a person that know the rules, and know how this server is supposed to work.

Im not planning to argue, but get the point out here.

And get boring ? Mby change up how you handle the gas station robberys ? 
RP is a 2 way street, u get what u give.
The white listing thing was me saying, even if I wasn't a cop I would have still said what I said. Not that being a cop means nothing. :)

If we could get clarification or a actual rule about powergaming that is listed and not just some unwritten rule from the Staff team that would be nice and would stop these kind of misunderstandings. :)

Oh and btw being a cop does matter because that makes you a whitelisted member which should be trusted more due to it being harder to get

The white listing thing was me saying, even if I wasn't a cop I would have still said what I said. Not that being a cop means nothing. :)

If we could get clarification or a actual rule about powergaming that is listed and not just some unwritten rule from the Staff team that would be nice and would stop these kind of misunderstandings. :)
We get told powergaming is anything that will make the other person or persons not be able to RP out of a situation.

Eg: finger print machines

We get told powergaming is anything that will make the other person or persons not be able to RP out of a situation.

Eg: finger print machines
Well they did allow you to roleplay out of it by instantly giving you a permit because this way you could have asked for one which would have involved them not being able to give one which would probably have turned out to be a ticket for not having a valid permit.

Power gaming is a situation that is impossible to roleplay out of. Clearly not the case here. I'm sure Mr Donald and his couple of weeks experience on our forum  will get better at it and perhaps Mr Vagin should have checked that before calling him out over it :)

the new player thing goes both ways boys. 

Back