What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Athira Checkpoint

nozeinho

So i'm sure you all know of the Pyrgos checkpoint, so i now put this to you all....Athira checkpoint? 

I don't know all your guys thoughts on more police checkpoints around the map but i for one think it would be a good thing that encourages decent role-play for all. Due to the recent changes in the map Pyrgos is no longer as lively as it once was, soooo i messed around in the editor a bit and made a little somethin' somethin' down near the airport. Below are some screen dumps of what i managed to build. Please post your thoughts below as all feedback is welcomed but don't be too harsh as i'm not that familiar with the editor :p

wanM984.jpg

0cgcj11.jpg

F35AtCI.jpg

m2m0QTr.jpg

Maybe change to Pyrgos design a little by having barriers for each side of road?

Maybe change to Pyrgos design a little by having barriers for each side of road?
It would be a highly traffic controlled area within the checkpoint so i don't think it would matter too much. The downside you have by putting barriers to split road is it greatly reduces room for moving around/parking vehicles which would be a massive issue if vehicles such as box hemmt's were to pass through. Leaving it open inside the checkpoint still allows larger vehicles to maneuver through without smashing into everything.  

My only concern about this is that checkpoints can generally be taken over quite easily. If this was in place, you could take that then have some units robbing the bank, you can pretty much start disabling Police forces as they are leaving Athira which as we know is where the majority of the Police come from when heading to the Bank

I like this suggestion. Good attempt and presentation, Noze. Perhaps the only addition from my end is that entrances are split with two barriers on either lane, each, like at the other checkpoint. Or if we place a checkpoint further west at the crossing with a dirt road not far from the Terminal, we already got the route between Athira and Pygros covered up:

MiyOs4s.png

Another really central crossing for Athira is the big meeting outside Lakka, it also has a connecting white countryside road leading straight towards Athira, and just like Pygros checkpoint it is located on a distance from town. In this example, vehicles from the west could be checked up before approaching the airport for related security reasons as well:

6McDFpq.jpg

Only minus there is that cars would easily find roads to drive around the checkpoint upon approach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfecto... if everyone is happy with it then dropbox link me or something a text file with the objects in and ill add it to the map

Currently in the map editor :)

You whine about Pyrgros checkpoint being undermanned?

We dont man it because NOBODY goes trough it.

Give me civillians and i will give you a checkpoint worthy of defending and of course.. loosing it many times... and retaking it again.. then again worthy of defending it.. well you get the point.

You whine about Pyrgros checkpoint being undermanned?

We dont man it because NOBODY goes trough it.

Give me civillians and i will give you a checkpoint worthy of defending and of course.. loosing it many times... and retaking it again.. then again worthy of defending it.. well you get the point.
Its actually a very bizzy road with alot of speeders. If we could plant down a roadblock, not only the RP on that road increases but also at the same time there will be less speeders.

Imo there are alot of trafic passing on that highway.

Well then, those moments are rare because unfortunately I have not been on duty to experience them what so ever, after the patch it pretty much disabled the check point completely...

Gonna expect great roleplay from the NHS also (hopefully) gonna manage this checkpoint, so we make sure nobody gets Ebola!!

Back