What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Report a player

Khandamir

Currently residing in Los Santos
Hello fellow Altians!

I have been wondering since today, what our responsiblities are when people break the rules. A most common broken rule, logging out after dieing, seems to be broken A LOT by people who (feel they) got RDM'd or VDM'd. Also when people crash their car, or die on accident.

Now, as this break of the rule is visible to the whole server, should we all take screenshots everytime, and report? Should we turn the Report a Player section into the most active one on the forums?

This may be a bit sarcastic because I am at a loss about a certain report a player topic made recently, But I do genuinely want to know. Because I got about 15 screenshots of random people disconnecting after death. I wasn't there in any of the situations, but as said, proof is out there for everyone.

My personal opinion:

Bring a LITTLE roleplay into the reports. Only report that what you have seen with your own eyes in the game, and let the rest go. I really want to keep the community clean but there is such a thing as too much imho. That line gets crossed when people, for whatever reason, maybe grudge, screenshot a combatlogger who isn't anywhere near their location and report it. This especially goes for people who have been serving in this community a long time, you know your fellow community members, this is our island, this is our game. If you have a grudge RP wise, don't take it out by reporting that person while you ignore all the other random people combatlogging every damn day. Talk it out with the other long serving members so we can keep this community nice and clean.

I just had to rant for a bit, sorry guys =D

Everyone who combat logs because they were RDMed should be made to provide proof that they were RDMed and that is why they combat logged, if they do not provide proof then it technically becomes a combat logging situation to avoid losing gear in a fair situation, which is should then result in a ban. That seems like the only way to deal with this problem.

Everyone who combat logs because they were RDMed should be made to provide proof that they were RDMed and that is why they combat logged, if they do not provide proof then it technically becomes a combat logging situation to avoid losing gear in a fair situation, which is should then result in a ban. That seems like the only way to deal with this problem.
I totally agree, but its hard (for some people) to record most of their playing time, since it slows down ur pc a bit. But in all fairness i would agree.

Agreed. If you got RDM'ed and have it on record, you can take the risk to log and later provide the proof when you report the RDM. Same for wierd Arma3 glitches that kill you.. The best thing would be for some script to prevent them from actually doing this at all, then we don't need to have reports about it and people can just play their game =) Nothing breaks the gameplay more then needing to report someone

The report should be followed by a video of the man who killed the reported player so we know if it was RDM or not

Principally, I agree. But what about the people who die and have a "Fuck it. I'm off to bed" moment. 

I'm pretty sure there are times when I've done that on every game I have ever owned. It's a late night, I die in game and say "Ahhh... Fuck it. Right. I am off to bed."  

Now technically. EVERY RDM / VDM should be reported but we all know they are not. There must be some discretion or firm rules on what constitutes combat logging. Don't get me wrong, I hate when people do this but all gamers have had a 'Fuck it' moment. DayZ would be one very notable example. But if I were to log into my favourite server and find myself banned for going to bed, well, I'd be pissed off. 

I'm playing devils advocate here. Which is ironic. I'm a bloody Reverend. 

So what should the answer be... Respawn and THEN go to bed or have an allotted time period before retiring for the evening after death?

The reverend speaks wise words once again. Still, what do I do with all those screenshots of combatloggers I got? I was present in none of the situations, but I got 11 different people that logged on screenshot. Also about 6 who are, I believe, already banned. I took the screenshots when I was kind off pissed off about the, in my eyes, random reporting of combatloggers. I don't want to be that guy as well.. I guess I will safe them untill one of them gets reported for something else and then use it to strengthen the case.

Back