What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Horrible 1st experience

Esqy

So I signed up for this about 2 days ago -  zero ARMA 3 experience, but though it would be a laugh. took me a while to figure out the controls etc.  

I muck about, get mugged twice (Once they searched me and I had nothing, The other, They shot me - Still I had nothing)  - No biggie.

So Today - I am driving a van back from processing Cider - I get told on OOC chat that Cider can no longer be sold. That was a waste of Time.  

The van slips and lands on its side. I didnt know how to flip it, So I leave it and log out for dinner.  

Log back on, and spawn inside the clothes shop - Walk around to get out and hear:  'Hands on your head buddy..' Not even 30 seconds after spawning. There goes all the work from my run before I logged out. ah well, I get on with it.  

I Head to the garage, And there is no Van listed there - I get told to wait for the reset. Excellent, So I can't play the game I wanted to play cos my van has gone. Ah well, I'll find something else to do. 

I get my quad bike out and head to the car shop to price up another car. I walk next to my quad bike, Unlock it and before I can click, someone else jumps on and rides off.

To top it all, Turns out my backpack is gone - I guess it was nicked by the first guys, So now I have no bike, No Van, No backpack and little money. about 3 hours of newbie play gone. Would actually be more efficient for me to generate a brand new character. 

I ask in OOC Chat about it and it's 'That's Life Esqy'. 

I expected there to be a bit of skullduggery, but c'mon. I have to start the game again, but at a handicap  - True I have my licences, but that's it. I now need to run to the apple fields to get apples to buy another bike. I have had no fun so far.

Rant Over.

Last edited by a moderator:
message me on TS sometime tomorrow (SPC Kaden). Ill sort you out.

Don't worry buddy unfortunately their are scumbags out there who rob anyone! But there are also some really nice and helpful people out there! Just keep at it and maybe find yourself a gang to help get you started :)

If you can't find kaden tomorrow you can message me in ts pc diego

Man don't accept these people's money it's better earning it yourself helps you learn a lot more about the game 

Thanks for the offers guys, But I'll just keep rolling - If something like this happens again, I think I'm fairly justified in hanging up my gloves on this.

While I was wallowing in self-pity I got a couple of paychecks and bought a off-road truck. That should help me get apples and stuff. I didnt notice the paychekcs going into the bank, And I'd gotten about 40k stashed there, although its still 'Square 1' 

Even when I was just wandering around, it seems that 90% of non-whitelist players just rob people.   

Stroke of luck though - I went to one of the shops (As I crashed the off-roader and needed a repair kit) and there was a quadbike abandoned outside of it. For a laugh, I pressed 'U' and it beeped - Checked on my ipad and yes, 'Quadbike 5m away' Turns out the thief had left it there and I happened upon it.  

Even then, When bringing it back to th garage, there were 3 'Unknown' people waiting there. They ran off saying 'Today is your lucky day'. I was like... What the hell.  

I don't think I'm playing it badly, What's wrong with being a good guy? I'm not going to try the illegal trades, but I feel like I need to get a gun because I'll be held up and shot while standing in the shops buying some glasses. Heres a question... If someone RP's 'Hands up or I'll shoot', Can I not respond and just light him up? His intention is clearly to Kill me, and in a real life situation, I'd give zero warning

Just keep trucking bud it's all worth it :) my first week a gang called GC scrapped my only truck and killed me I lost everything! I came back after a 2 week break borrowed a friends truck got my self back on my feet now I have 28mil 2 Hurons 15 mil each and a taru 20 mil just gotta work hard mate :)

Thanks for the offers guys, But I'll just keep rolling - If something like this happens again, I think I'm fairly justified in hanging up my gloves on this.

While I was wallowing in self-pity I got a couple of paychecks and bought a off-road truck. That should help me get apples and stuff. I didnt notice the paychekcs going into the bank, And I'd gotten about 40k stashed there, although its still 'Square 1' 

Even when I was just wandering around, it seems that 90% of non-whitelist players just rob people.   

Stroke of luck though - I went to one of the shops (As I crashed the off-roader and needed a repair kit) and there was a quadbike abandoned outside of it. For a laugh, I pressed 'U' and it beeped - Checked on my ipad and yes, 'Quadbike 5m away' Turns out the thief had left it there and I happened upon it.  

Even then, When bringing it back to th garage, there were 3 'Unknown' people waiting there. They ran off saying 'Today is your lucky day'. I was like... What the hell.  

I don't think I'm playing it badly, What's wrong with being a good guy? I'm not going to try the illegal trades, but I feel like I need to get a gun because I'll be held up and shot while standing in the shops buying some glasses. Heres a question... If someone RP's 'Hands up or I'll shoot', Can I not respond and just light him up? His intention is clearly to Kill me, and in a real life situation, I'd give zero warning
Try and find a gang, maybe 'The Forsaken Kings'. Its better to roll around with a gang! TFK are very good at helping newbies :) 

Learning the game in the earliest stages is the hardest, especially playing on your own.
A significant portion of the people you meet randomly will just try to rob you, and sadly a number of those will not care for RP or your 'story'. They just want your cash / stuff or they'll kill you.

If someone threatens your life, then you can immediately retaliate with a bullet in the face, but remember, they have to actually make a threat on your life.
You can't shoot someone just for sticking a gun in your face.

I highly recommend finding a group of people to play with, as with all things in life and nature, safety comes in numbers.
That little bit of extra security can make all the difference.

Make no mistake though, life is brutal and harsh here on Altis.
Welcome to the Jungle... kinda.

Hey mate!

I just joined the game today and made some good cash mining copper and selling it!

If you would like to be together we could do huge copper runs and make loads of money! :)

Thanks guys - Its just demoralizing. To be honest, I'd not had a chance to even talk to any groups let alone join any - Most people I spoke to were immediately hostile.  

So I went back on after the server reset, and my cars were all in the garage. I spawn my van, and guess what happens. Some <4 letter word> jumps straight into it as soon as I unlock - There's nothing I can do. Again. That's a $1k retrieval fee down the toilet. Now I'm scared to spawn anything unless there is no-one around.  

If this is the 'Learning experience'.... yay for learning.

Thanks guys - Its just demoralizing. To be honest, I'd not had a chance to even talk to any groups let alone join any - Most people I spoke to were immediately hostile.  

So I went back on after the server reset, and my cars were all in the garage. I spawn my van, and guess what happens. Some <4 letter word> jumps straight into it as soon as I unlock - There's nothing I can do. Again. That's a $1k retrieval fee down the toilet. Now I'm scared to spawn anything unless there is no-one around.
what garage was it from? 

quote-nothing-in-the-world-is-worth-having-or-worth-doing-unless-it-means-effort-pain-difficulty-theodore-roosevelt-42-46-35.jpg

The one in Kavala. I waited and got my off-road out when no-one was around
its agasint the rules to rob you there, so if you record it you can report them and get compensation for the truck if they sell it!

If this is the 'Learning experience'.... yay for learning.
It's unfortunately one of the issues with not having a completely white-listed server, you can't regulate the behaviour of some of the community. Almost proven by the fact that someone broke a rule of the server when they stole your truck (as the garage in Kavala is a Greenzone, no robbing, killing, etc.).

I think right now, your first priority should be finding some people to play with, and second priority is trying to make a little bit of cash to make sure everyone is armed, because frankly, as you've experienced, you'll need it.

I'd also recommend getting some video recording software, for instance, if you recorded the person stealing your struck, you could get compensation for all the money you've lost. Not the greatest scenario, but at least it helps a little.

Frankly, I think there should be a channel or two in the TeamSpeak, one labelled "New Player - Seeking Advice / Guidance" and a "Looking for Friends". Any like minded players could drop into the channel and you could meet some friends who are like yourself, learning the basics and looking for some help. Also no reason why more experienced members of the community couldn't pop down and give you some advise / help  support.

Shamelessly tagging in admins as I think the above TS channels would be very useful.

@Wilco@Neo@Vladic Ka@Ciaran

My mate always needs help all you need to do is learn the ropes and you will be fine :)

Back