What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

RDM or not RDM

Batmans

Had a weird one last night and being fairly new wondered how I should have played this.

I spent ages saving for a truck and salt license. When driving across the map someone pulled alongside me, then swerved in front and slammed brakes on. I slowed right down and they got out so I drove off as they shouted stop. Having worked so hard, screw stopping to get robbed. I could see they were chasing me so pulled down a road, stopped and got out. They drove past, round the corner, shouted 'stop the car' again and stopped. In getting out, everybody had their guns out. I rounded the corner first with gun out just as they were getting out, I tried to shout 'put your gun down' but only got half my message out due to not hitting the transmit button. Next thing I know they just fired. I died, they stole all my shit. Medic revived me and they said that they had told me to put my gun down and that it wasn't RDM as I was aiming my gun at them. Not really my view but hey ho.

So, Who was in the right? I'm guessing I should have stayed round the corner and talked to them, they shouldn't have shot on sight... 

I wouldn't say RDM, but I would say poor RP. If they initiated on you originally and then started chasing you they did technically have every right to kill you. They could have reinitiated again, but I don't see any rules broken here.

If you have a video it may help to determine exactly what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
The attackers need to make it clear that death can be a consequence. Just shouting 'stop' doesn't cut it as it could be said with good intentions. They should shout 'stop, get out or we will shoot' however this in itself isn't high quality unless they carry on with threatening behaviour/ vocals.

Always stay behind cover if and where possible, it makes your chance of survival that much higher, giving you a pivotal advantage in most situations. 

You did the right thing by not shooting as soon as you heard them shout the second time, as it would be them claiming RDM. 

In these situations keep driving and pray you see a police car and just follow it driving irrationally and beeping. If they stop, you pullover and quickly shout what has been happening and ensure you remain in cover whilst doing so.

I would agree that what happened was borderline RDM/ low quality roleplay in relation to the situation you described.

Ah, that's good to hear. I wasn't sure if I 'HAD' to pull over. Im not interested in getting anyone banned or anything like that. I had it on video but deleted it. I'll certainly hide behind a wall or not even stop next time.

What would happen if they veer in front of me and I carry on/hit them? I had to take some pretty serious evasive action!! 

@Batmansif you collided it could be seen as VDM.

If they cut you up and there's no chance of you stopping then do everything in your power to avoid a collision, however it would be their fault for using their vehicle as a weapon, which would be them committing VDM

You had two sets of compliance and a chase with them alighting and giving compliance at the first step. You then came round the corner with a gun out and telling them to lower their guns so not really RDM, thats a pretty aggressive response to an initiation. Submission may have saved you here. Yeah it is shitty and yeah maybe they should have tried to chat first but at the end of the day that is standard practice for a rebel pullover on the servers... it sounds like you actually got a lot more time than we get in some cases :/ Ideally you would have driven to find police if you could , as others have said, or stopped and just RP'd as best you could out of it!

Sorry for your loss though, it sucks when you loose so much money like that!

Ya unfortunately not RDM. In that situation I find you have to make a choice. 1) Pull over and be compliant. I find most are not going to take your vehicle unless you are near the chop shop. They probably will rob you, but if you role-play well, you can most likely get away with paying them off. 2) You can continue to drive away from them, call the police and head for a crowded area hoping to find help or lose the tail. 3) Pull over off the road with your vehicle sideways creating cover in between them and you. Get out and yell your intentions; like if they try to rob you, you will shoot; then act accordingly. That sucks that you lost what you had worked for. I know the feeling being a miner myself. Every run will not be successful unfortunately. Especially until you start to move in a group. Hopefully after server restart you will have your truck back! :)

Back