What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

NHS Activity

ex CMO Joel Denning

The Swiss CMO
Hello fellow citizens of Altis

A lot of you may have noticed that the activity of the NHS has been poor lately. We are aware of this and we try to do our best to improve the activity of the Team, even few of the GP's started to go on patrol more often, however our biggest problem is that for a lot of the people the patrols get too repetitive. And to change that we need the help of you lot.

What would you like to see to be changed or added to the NHS to make it more interesting to join it yourself and motivate you to put a lot of time into the NHS patrols or if you already are a member of the team motivate you to go on patrol more often. This can be anything which you guys think could make the patrols more different from each other and make the NHS more interesting for people in general.

Please keep your suggestions and idea's on a serious and realistic level. I am open for discussions, feel free to send me a message on the forums or on TS.

Best Regards

GP. Joel Denning

NHS Administration

I would like the see the NHS rules / organisation become so much more relaxed and simplified.
I used to be an NHS medic, but tbh, all I ever wanted to do was just log on whenever I wanted and just help / RP with people.

Personally:

- I can't be bothered to go through the interview process again to become a medic. Too much effort to be frank for so little reward.
- Couldn't be bothered to attend NHS meetings every week. As it was usually the same thing, repeated over and over again every week.
- Just let me pull out a sports hatchback or a helicopter when the person is too far away. Nope, my "rank" means I was not allowed to do that.

As I mentioned before, I just want to log on, choose a nice efficient vehicle to quickly go help people. But with so many restrictions and effort involved just to even get to this point, I wonder why I even bother? Well, I didn't wander for too long as I stopped playing as a medic due to all this un-needed effort and can't be bothered to re-apply.

I know it's not the attitude the NHS is looking for, but frankly, the NHS is too convoluted and complex than it needs to be.
I just don't understand why it's not just simplified so if there is an interview, it's very basic, rules should be simplified, ranks should be simplified. 

More people might be willing to play as a medic if there were less pointless hurdles to go through to actually get to a point where it's not a pain in the arse to just log on and resurrect / help people.

EDIT:

Also, I think any SPC+ in the Police force should be given an instant invite into NHS with little or no effort an have the rank of First Aider. If they've gotten to SPC rank, then they clearly know the server, enough that they could easily do the job of a First Aider with about 5 minutes of orientation.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

TL;DR
NHS is an over-complicated machine with too many pointless hurdles that I find generally makes people not want to play as a medic any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
easier on the kick system, i was a medic but then didnt patrol for like a month and got kicked out..

11 minutes ago, Mycaelis said:

Personally, I would like the see the NHS rules so much more relaxed.

I used to be an NHS medic, but tbh, all I ever wanted to do was just log on whenever I wanted and just help / RP with people.

Personally:

- I can't be bothered to go through the interview process again to become a medic. Too much effort to be frank for so little reward.
- Couldn't be bothered to attend NHS meetings every week. As it was usually the same thing, repeated over and over again every week.
- Just let me pull out a sports hatchback or a helicopter when the person is too far away. Nope, my "rank" means I was not allowed to do that.

As I mentioned before, I just want to log on, choose a nice efficient vehicle to quickly go help people. But with so many restrictions and effort involved just to even get to this point, I wonder why I even bother? Well, I didn't wander for too long as I stopped playing as a medic due to all this un-needed effort and can't be bothered to re-apply.

I know it's not the attitude the NHS is looking for, but frankly, the NHS is too convoluted and complex than it needs to be.
I just don't understand why it's not just simplified so if there is an interview, it's very basic, rules should be simplified, ranks should be simplified. 

More people might be willing to play as a medic if there were less pointless hurdles to go through to actually get to a point where it's not a pain in the arse to just log on and resurrect / help people.

TL;DR: NHS is an over-complicated machine with too many pointless hurdles that I find generally makes people not want to play as a medic any more.

Amen 

easier on the kick system, i was a medic but then didnt patrol for like a month and got kicked out..
You need to see out point as well: If somebody has not been on a patrol for more than a month how big are the chances that he will ever come back? And how big is his interest in the NHS really, if he can't even be bothered to go a 30mins patrol in a whole month? In my opinion going on patrol at least once a month to not be removed is not asked too much. And if you can't come on patrols due to real life stuff you can just tell a GP or CMO and we will change your activity status and you won't be removed.

GP. Joel Denning

You need to see out point as well: If somebody has not been on a patrol for more than a month how big are the chances that he will ever come back? And how big is his interest in the NHS really, if he can't even be bothered to go a 30mins patrol in a whole month? In my opinion going on patrol at least once a month to not be removed is not asked too much. And if you can't come on patrols due to real life stuff you can just tell a GP or CMO and we will change your activity status and you won't be removed.

GP. Joel Denning
There is one major question about your logic that I really can't wrap my head around....

So a guy only patrols for a month, or two... What is the HARM in leaving him in the NHS?

15 minutes ago, Mycaelis said:

Personally:

TL;DR: NHS is an over-complicated machine with too many pointless hurdles that I find generally makes people not want to play as a medic any more.

We set our restriction so hard and have some many rules because we learnt from what happened in the past, like people jumping off Hospitals for fun, driving cars between the doors at the hospital and close them causing the car to blow up, drowning helicopters, go on patrols on their own when they are STU.

Before you had to be in Air Rescue to be able to fly people crashed the helicopters every few days ( myself involved ), because it didn't matter if you crashed or not.

The ranks are not that complicated in my opinion. We have a lot less ranks than the police does (7 NHS compared to 11 Police ranks). I do agree we could try to merge some rules and make them easier to understand.

GP. Joel Denning

We set our restriction so hard and have some many rules because we learnt from what happened in the past, like people jumping off Hospitals for fun, driving cars between the doors at the hospital and close them causing the car to blow up, drowning helicopters, go on patrols on their own when they are STU.

Before you had to be in Air Rescue to be able to fly people crashed the helicopters every few days ( myself involved ), because it didn't matter if you crashed or not.

The ranks are not that complicated in my opinion. We have a lot less ranks than the police does (7 NHS compared to 11 Police ranks). I do agree we could try to merge some rules and make them easier to understand.

GP. Joel Denning
Why have rules around jumping off hosptial roof or driving cars between doors in the hosptial? These are covered by the Server rules (no suiciding and adult community / trolling), why do the NHS need to add an extra level of complication into the mix? This is exactly my point.

Why does the whole of the NHS have to suffer due to the actions of some idiots? Remove them from the NHS and /or report them if necessary. Don't add extra restrictions that ruin the medic experience for everyone else.

Why have rules around jumping off hosptial roof or driving cars between doors in the hosptial? These are covered by the Server rules (no suiciding and adult community / trolling), why do the NHS need to add an extra level of complication into the mix? This is exactly my point.

I see your point but as you can see people did before.

But I will try to talk to the CMO's and see if we can simplify the rules. And I want to say thank you for sharing your opinion on the NHS and help us to make it better.

I see your point but as you can see people did before.

But I will try to talk to the CMO's and see if we can simplify the rules. And I want to say thank you for sharing your opinion on the NHS and help us to make it better.
Thanks fella, sorry if my tone was a bit harsh there. Nothing directed at you personally.

I've just felt that the NHS has needed to simplify itself so much for quite some time now, and I felt it was about time I actually said something about it. The amount of times there are either 1 or No medics online is just getting silly now.
Some major changes need to come into the NHS or things won't change.

The main reasons I've seen people give up on the medics is either too much work, too many restrictions, things getting a bit stale, or in-fighting between the NHS.
Things getting stale is hard to fix, but if all the restrictions and work was reduced significantly, I'm sure people would log on more often and play. And the last one is frankly inexcusable. But that's drama for another day that I don't plan on expanding on here.

I agree 1000%

I joined the NHS logged into the server geared up, and had a CMO and a GP jump down into my patrol room, the GP started shouting at me while the CMO laughed, all for still having [LCN] in my name, so I decided to end the shortest medical career in history.

I would be a medic, but I got kicked for being inactive. Which is rather funny considering.. Maybe stop kicking people out would be a good start to increase activity?!

all of this 

2dPuX.gif

I would just like to remind people that this thread is for constructive criticism and suggestions. Not for banter please, trolling, or pointless things such as "fix medics OMG" etc...

My suggestion: Maybe lessen the requirements for the promotion from STU to FA. I've seen some players at STU for 2 weeks+ 

Ranks have no reward.

MD>SUR>DR all the same. Can't access anything else, nothing to work towards?

I'd love to be able to use the helicopter but the fact you need to do a a written application test and then a physical test. If it worked up by ranks instead of branches people would be more active and want to work towards something.

MD > SUV

SUR > Hatchback Sport

DR > Helicopter

People will work towards these ranks for access to the vehicles rather than having to do tests. i'm sure activity will fly up if this was the case. Anyone can drive a hatchback sports? PCSO/CSO in police drive them all the times with other officers in?

Ranks have no reward.

I'd love to be able to use the helicopter but the fact you need to do a a written application test and then a physical test. If it worked up by ranks instead of branches people would be more active and want to work towards something.

MD > SUV

SUR > Hatchback Sport

DR > Helicopter

People will work towards these ranks for access to the vehicles rather than having to do tests. i'm sure activity will fly up if this was the case. Anyone can drive a hatchback sports? PCSO/CSO in police drive them all the times with other officers in?
There is actually a difference between MD, SUR, and DR. It is a small difference but at rank of MD. you can be in 1 branch, as SUR. in 2 branches and as DR. in 3 branches.

There is actually a difference between MD, SUR, and DR. It is a small difference but at rank of MD. you can be in 1 branch, as SUR. in 2 branches and as DR. in 3 branches.
Understandable, I believe in my opinion not many people want to do the all the tests and written assessments. I mean doing a test for a hatchback sport when many new Police... yeah Police let their CSO's drive them. Don't get me wrong branches are a good idea but it's more work for people and yourself when medic activity is already low. If the vehicles was accessible by rank and not branches I think activity will spike up due to people wanting access. 

sorry i got to disagree, (my opinion) i been in the NHS now at least a month and its been the best month i've played, gr8 RP, and a way to meet some gr8 people in the game and some im glad to say i an call  friends. The rules aint that bad as long as you can read and follow them then its not to bad, suppose you have the same in the Police (rules) like cso's  and pcso's not being able to have weapons as such to start with.... And i bet theres more rules to follow than in the NHS.  yes for the 1st week (usually how long it takes to become FA) then your out on your own, only reason it may take longer is based on the quality of your RP as then we get slated for having either no RP or little RP other than that once as stated your FA your out on your own so then its up to the individual to be active on the server as from what i see many people join then go over to the Police then stay there as it has a more fun side to it in a way you can play with weapons and arrest people etc. where in the NHS is purely based on the RP side of the scale so someone who enjoys getting into battles on a regular basis may find it boring to play as a medic, whereas in my case i find being a rebel not my cup of tea and purely enjoy the RP side of it. so i guess thats the difference. i know the RP side of it is an issue at the moment but again this is down to the individual and not on the NHS, this is being tackled as far as im aware and hopefully will increase greatly from all in the NHS, as been seen the last week with more active people playing on the server. so how can this be sorted again down to the individuals and those high above making sure that people who are applying understand (which i know they do) are fully aware there's no guns, arresting, stealing etc..... and then choosing the right people to join that like 100% RP. I know thats why i joined and i also know others that have done it for this reason alone. so yes there's been an improvement and yes those that i see are happy with what there doing and enjoying the game. if there were to be something to improve the game i would say getting the right people to join then from my side of it a reward system put in place with regards to the ho0urs that you put in, how active you are, - so you may get badges for forum cash rewards etc

Ranks have no reward.

MD > SUV

SUR > Hatchback Sport

DR > Helicopter

md's already have access to suv's

same as SUR etc have access to all above once they get to rank, apart from helicopter which you have to do a flight test as well as a exam but thats to see if you can fly as well as know the server rules and NHS rules with regards to flying

sorry i got to disagree, (my opinion) i been in the NHS now at least a month and its been the best month i've played, gr8 RP, and a way to meet some gr8 people in the game and some im glad to say i an call  friends. The rules aint that bad as long as you can read and follow them then its not to bad, suppose you have the same in the Police (rules) like cso's  and pcso's not being able to have weapons as such to start with.... And i bet theres more rules to follow than in the NHS.  yes for the 1st week (usually how long it takes to become FA) then your out on your own, only reason it may take longer is based on the quality of your RP as then we get slated for having either no RP or little RP other than that once as stated your FA your out on your own so then its up to the individual to be active on the server as from what i see many people join then go over to the Police then stay there as it has a more fun side to it in a way you can play with weapons and arrest people etc. where in the NHS is purely based on the RP side of the scale so someone who enjoys getting into battles on a regular basis may find it boring to play as a medic, whereas in my case i find being a rebel not my cup of tea and purely enjoy the RP side of it. so i guess thats the difference. i know the RP side of it is an issue at the moment but again this is down to the individual and not on the NHS, this is being tackled as far as im aware and hopefully will increase greatly from all in the NHS, as been seen the last week with more active people playing on the server. so how can this be sorted again down to the individuals and those high above making sure that people who are applying understand (which i know they do) are fully aware there's no guns, arresting, stealing etc..... and then choosing the right people to join that like 100% RP. I know thats why i joined and i also know others that have done it for this reason alone. so yes there's been an improvement and yes those that i see are happy with what there doing and enjoying the game. if there were to be something to improve the game i would say getting the right people to join then from my side of it a reward system put in place with regards to the ho0urs that you put in, how active you are, - so you may get badges for forum cash rewards etc

md's already have access to suv's

same as SUR etc have access to all above once they get to rank, apart from helicopter which you have to do a flight test as well as a exam but thats to see if you can fly as well as know the server rules and NHS rules with regards to flying
have to correct you here Reborn

SUR. do NOT get access to Hatchback Sports or Boats, you need to be in the right branch (RIR, CG).

Back