What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

'The new redzone approach'

Dylan

Banned
Looks good and like the idea.. but only me that feels that it is possibly going to cause more arguments? 

Someone drives up into one of the zones with an ifrit and pistol and dies.. 'I was no threat'

How are you going to sort around that / write the rules around it?

I agree. A lot of arguments might emerge from all of this 'not a threat' thing. In my opinion, that should be a little revised and looking at the way it's going right now, I don't see it not being a shoot-on-sight zone if changes are to be made.

But if its marked as redzone for example drug processor why would someone come there with a ifrit and a pistol if he dont have any second thoughts?

But if its marked as redzone for example drug processor why would someone come there with a ifrit and a pistol if he dont have any second thoughts?
That would be my feeling too.. if i saw someone there with even a gun out, imo thats a threat, no?

That would be my feeling too.. if i saw someone there with even a gun out, imo thats a threat, no?
Almost 9/10 times when someone comes even with a hatchback sport to a weed processing they are most likely trying to rob someone with a truck, this same thing is going to happen in illegally spots on redzone. But they are going to use that i was not threat as an excuse when they got killed and their plan did go down.

Almost 9/10 times when someone comes even with a hatchback sport to a weed processing they are most likely trying to rob someone with a truck, this same thing is going to happen in illegally spots on redzone. But they are going to use that i was not threat as an excuse when they got killed and their plan did go down.
Yes.. and that is what this post is for, to just get some clarification... as well everyones view on what a threat is is going to be different.

Another one, if your doing drugs and cops turn up, are they classed ass a threat? can you just KOS them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.. and that is what this post is for, to just get some clarification... as well everyones view on what a threat is is going to be different.

Another one, if your doing drugs and cops turn up, are they classed ass a threat? can you just KOS them?
I think the police are most likely threat to them who's making drugs its very rare you can get away with that situation if you are carrying illegal firearm and you have for example tempest full of weed, there comes 2 opinions to me that if im with my friends we could talk to the police and tell that he would leave the area and leave our business and that most likely means that there will be 10+ police waiting for you on a next stop. 2nd opinion you will kill the cop almost immediately and thats giving us advance to finish our mission.

With small red zones does this mean that if you are in a firefight in one and someone tried to escape and they get out of the redzone, can you still kill them? 

Will the same rules of not shooting out/in of a redzone when you/them aren't in it apply?

Although a bit confusing, I think this setup could work better than previous red zones. Shots will be fired (as far as I understand from Wilcos post) if the subject is deemed a real threat, e.g. an Ifrit and .50 cal offroad with armed men in rolls up, that's probably a threat, and should be OK to engage (if within the zone).

A lone sniper on the hill? Very unlikely that he could consider someone doing drug runs a threat - no lone sniper shots from the hills.

However, if you are processing weed, and one of your team looks into the hills and sees a sniper? Probably a threat, and so can probably engage.

Do not take this as gospel, it's only my opinion based on what I've read so far. Looking forward to seeing where this goes, and how well it works in practice.

So, can you shoot in to the zone if your out of it on a hill or something and you then  KOS if your friend feels threatened but hasn't been initiated on yet?

So, can you shoot in to the zone if your out of it on a hill or something and you then  KOS if your friend feels threatened but hasn't been initiated on yet?
I believe you have to be in the zone in order to shoot if you feel threatened, unless shots have already been fired.

And what about the Rebel Outpost, when are you to be considered a threat, if I role up in an ifrit to buy weapons, will I be considered a threat? Even if I put the gun on my back right after I bought it?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a red zone pretty much isn't it? Dusn't that pretty much mean you can roleplay but you can also shoot on sight... a decision

I think it either needs to be you can kill on sight or you need to issue compliance. As think the whole i am no threat will just cause problems. So i think a poll should be made to ask people if they want it too be a bit wasteland like or have to RP.

I think it either needs to be you can kill on sight or you need to issue compliance. As think the whole i am no threat will just cause problems. So i think a poll should be made to ask people if they want it too be a bit wasteland like or have to RP.
So basically another red zone vote when we have just had 2? A redzone is KOS it's the same thing, if you have to roleplay in a red zone what's it's purpose?

Back