What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Kavala Times - Independent Press

XamotDB

Chaos in Kavala - Where are the Police?

Last night Kavala's central square and shopping district was host to a number of shootings and general chaos, just feet from the government center steps.  While this reporter was gathering equipment for my regular job of harvesting produce I hear several gun shots, shouts and screams, and not a siren in earshot.  Where are the police?  Why is Kavala being subjected to this terror run rampant with no response from the police department?  How many stray bullets were found in homes, businesses, and our own government building?  How many needless injuries had to be treated by the NHS due to this unchecked shooting spree?

These are questions I intend to answer.  Stay tuned to this publication for further details, and more news from around Kavala.

(A roughly published sheet with this article is left in gas stations, store fronts, and other public places for anyone to read.)

Nice to see someone having a go at being a news orientated roleplayer again.. Hopefully I can add some constructive criticism here by saying we've had someone previously do news reports and they were took to really well, if he had someone like that again that'd be great! Here's their old news posts as an example as to what was popular!

You asked where the police are. I found them:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This really shouldn't be surprising to us now

Chaos in Kavala - Follow up

This reporter spoke to a representative of the police department, Police Constable Sem Drevijn, who informed me that the shootings in central Kavala was due to a conflict between the police department and local rebels.  He reported that several were placed into custody, a couple were killed and the rest fled the scene.  I'm unsure about the truth of this matter as I do not remember police on the scene of the disturbance, but we can only take them at their word for the time being.

What I do know is crime in Kavala's business district is out of hand.  I was accosted by several homeless islanders who were panhandling in the street.  One attempted to break into my truck parked right in the city's center, and another appeared to be trying to cause an accident, probably to sue me for damages for running him over.  I overheard one homeless youth attempting to sell drugs right outside the clothier, in a voice loud enough to be heard across the street, and two asked me if I had firearms for sale in broad daylight.  It wouldn't hurt if the police, whose job it is to serve and protect, had officers on duty in the city's business district so that people feel safe visiting the shops to pick up basic necessities.

Helicopter Crash Injures Passengers and Bystanders

A small helicopter crashed on takeoff after landing in the intersection northwest of Kavala's central square.  In the burning wreck were the pilot and two passengers, and citizens who got too close to the burning fuel were hurt as well.  This reported called police and medical who arrived on scene to pull the victims from the burning aircraft and revive those who could be saved.  Unfortunately several pedestrians were hit in the street as emergency personnel arrived at the scene, showing that the police could do more to secure the scene of an accident to protect bystanders.

Mayoral Candidate Interviews Wanted

Kavala Times Independent is interested in interviewing any mayoral candidates who want to get the word out on their platform, their stance on crime, and the state of the island.  Contact me through by texting XamotDB, or leave a message with the Kavala Motel (PM) to set up a time.

@XamotDBNice to see someone else RPing as a news reporter! As I do also :) good luck! Altis is a chaotic place full with stories to discover!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Police Brutality on the Road

While speaking to an individual in central Kavala this reporter bore witness to a police cruiser driving up onto the sidewalk and knocking several pedestrians to the ground before speeding away.  There were no sirens or lights to be seen, and no idea why he was in such a hurry to lose control of his vehicle, but it's clearly police negligence, or possibly intentional maliciousness.  Thankfully none of the citizens were seriously injured in the incident, but I continue to question wonder about some of the people who carry a badge in Kavala.

Continued Worries About Crime in Central Kavala

Today a Russian immigrant accosted several citizens, demanding they sell him a gun, clearly to avoid the proper background checks and legal processes required for such a transaction.  He became increasingly insistent and some began to worry that he might get himself hurt by one of the gangs in the area, or might actually get a gun and harm someone else.  With no police on foot patrol in the area, or at least keeping order in the central square citizens could easily be hurt by one out of control man with a firearm.

Op-Ed: The Lowest Common Denominator

It's easy to think that Altis has a crime problem, that's the simplest answer.  The island's 'wild west' nature attracts a criminal element seen in few countries outside the third world.  What really plagues the island, however, is that it attracts the lowest common denominator.  It's a place to make some good money, if one works hard enough, but it's also a place where those who are too stupid, or too weak to do the work steal it from those who have the stones to get dirty.  Some bleeding hearts will tell you criminals do what they do because society pushes them to it, but here?  On Altis a man can start a business with nothing but a pack and the clothes on his back.  Anyone can transport any number of commodity goods in the back of a truck, sell it at the local markets, and enjoy a relatively quiet life.  There's no failure in society that drives people to crime on Altis, just their own laziness, or lack of any sort of creative thought.  One hopes that things will change, that more legitimate business opens, perhaps a real agency to offer security to honest businesses who just want to get through a work day without being robbed or shot at.  That could be a booming business idea for someone with the weapons and manpower, to do something legitimate with that, but who knows if any have the foresight to do it?

Back