What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Investor - Long Term Goal / Premium Domain

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
Altis Life UK at some point will need to change domain... Why you ask ?

Well although we do believe this community has a number of years left in it on Arma 3 and on Altis & maybe Tanoa we do believe at some point we could branch on to other games and maybe our own game on an engine at some point (who knows what the future holds)

The Framework will change the way we play Altis Life and will no doubt take us to the next stage... But we have even longer term goals

Altis Life UK or our future community name will always remain non profit and will never form into a company that's why seeking an investment/kind support to get a very very premium domain we have in mind is going to be an hard task as there is no percent of any company or any returns to give away.

In-fact i don't even consider myself a "owner" of Altis Life UK anymore, I am just the key holder and form part of a very awesome team that keeps this community ticking daily and one vote in many.

Donations are to fund our servers and when they do end i have always advised I will then fund our servers as i know a lot of people get a lot out of this including myself in meeting some truly awesome people online and in real life.

We have identified a very premium domain and will make sure our forums are around for a lifetime! However we need kind support of people to achieve that domain that is currently valued at £5000.

We are looking for supporters (looking for a better name for this) who can give us a medium sized one off payment

What we can offer in return is the following:

• Platinum sparking name on the forums
  • Your name in the "Thankyou" credits of our new features page when released
  • Teamspeak tags
  • If we apply for server monetization your own ingame skins/tees (* we cannot promise this at this stage)
  • The knowing that you have helped get the domain that will keep these forums online for the very distant future
  • Other things undecided yet to say thankyou
I will keep this post open, This is a long term goal and an avenue to explore.

If we do not seek the funding then its no big deal we will turn at looking at a less premium domain that we will move to in the future, Please note if we do get the domain we will not switch to it straight away this will be maybe in a year or two as the traffic we get from "Altis Life" in google is extremely high.

Please also note I am unable to reveal the domain name at this stage.

If you are interested please contact me via email: wilco@altislife.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely serious note now, anything about banning? 

Imagine if i broke a minor rule, donated 1000,.. is there anything to do with this around donating (Understand if there isnt).

Here goes my savings.

Wolfie.gif

Completely serious note now, anything about banning? 

Imagine if i broke a minor rule, donated 1000,.. is there anything to do with this around donating (Understand if there isnt).
The answer to that one is very easy... No wont make anyone exempt from the rules we have values and being pay to play or pay to get unbanned is something we will never be.

Sorry if that's not what people want to hear and sorry if it sounds risky but its what has always made this very fair community

I would love to donate more to the server, but its just the rewards you get for donating is a bit lame of some sort, like its cool with tags and stuff to show off, but ingame there is nothing really you get i would love to help the server with bigger donations if i got more for what i donated, mabye some money ingame, or a Speical car there can't be scrapped, but it shows off that i have donated, and i am damn proud of it. Now i am a fairly new donater aswell (24 hours ago), the reason i donated was becourse i like the server first of all, but also for the forum tags and teamspeak tags, though personaly i waited a bit becourse i didn't get anything special (again still cool perks you get, but something ingame is what i look for)

I know not all of us donate to show off or something, but it might be an idea. If i am not completely wrong you gave 50% off back in the days to donaters or something. (or thats atleast what my friend told me). 

Sorry if there is any bad gramma or spelling (not my strongest side)

I would love to donate more to the server, but its just the rewards you get for donating is a bit lame of some sort, like its cool with tags and stuff to show off and stuff, but ingame there is nothing really you get i would love to help the server with bigger donations if i got more for what i donated, mabye some money ingame, or a Speical car there can't be scrapped, but it shows off that i have donated, and i am damn proud of it.

I know not all of us donate to show off or something, but it might be an idea. If i am not completely wrong you gave 50% off back in the days to donaters or something. (or thats atleast what my friend told me). 

Bohemia Interactive EULA.

I would love to donate more to the server, but its just the rewards you get for donating is a bit lame of some sort, like its cool with tags and stuff to show off and stuff, but ingame there is nothing really you get i would love to help the server with bigger donations if i got more for what i donated, mabye some money ingame, or a Speical car there can't be scrapped, but it shows off that i have donated, and i am damn proud of it.

They use to do this but it is against the EULA or whatever its called to sell in game items unless you are an authorized server which will be happening in the future I believe?

When you call it an "Investor" does that mean the people who donate will get money back at a later date and maybe more?

Yes Bohemia changed there EULA and to be honest i am glad that they did as it improved us as a server and as a community, It was never pay to play as we have always had the most expensive weapons across any Altis Life server and even being a donator was hard.

In game skins and tshirts and custom things like that might come in the framework that's something we need to explore and apply for but right now there is no plans for that.

This post mainly is about the domain and the future of this community and forums past Arma 3, We are talking years from now.

Yes Bohemia changed there EULA and to be honest i am glad that they did as it improved us as a server and as a community, It was never pay to play as we have always had the most expensive weapons across any Altis Life server and even being a donator was hard.

In game skins and tshirts and custom things like that might come in the framework that's something we need to explore and apply for but right now there is no plans for that.

This post mainly is about the domain and the future of this community and forums past Arma 3, We are talking years from now.
Yea Skins is my word a skin there might look cool, but i know the server shouldn't be a pay to win server. really hate that people can be millioners becourse they donate, and it will rot up the server, but a skin would be really nice to get as a donater. though all just thoughts, becourse i will with honor donate more if the server needs it :)

When you call it an "Investor" does that mean the people who donate will get money back at a later date and maybe more?
Well i am looking for a better name than "investor" this community does not make money no matter what rumors you hear i dont buy a new car everything infact ive had my 13 year old car for many years lol.

But on a serious note there will be no returns on this greater donation towards a very very nice domain name.

I'm not in the position to donate a large amount but would you be willing to allow the donators to function as a shareholder of sorts. Not necessarily profit but have a say in the future of the server although I am aware it would be a massive decision to make on your behalf.

Yea Skins is my word a skin there might look cool, but i know the server shouldn't be a pay to win server. really hate that people can be millioners becourse they donate, and it will rot up the server, but a skin would be really nice to get as a donater. though all just thoughts, becourse i will with honor donate more if the server needs it :)
We are going off topic here away from the domain name towards the regular donations, but to answer your question this is something we will look at in the framework and make a decision if to apply so we can give people tshirts/car skins etc.

We are going off topic here away from the domain name towards the regular donations, but to answer your question this is something we will look at in the framework and make a decision if to apply so we can give people tshirts/car skins etc.
Yea, well i will look forward to it if it is :)

I'm not in the position to donate a large amount but would you be willing to allow the donators to function as a shareholder of sorts. Not necessarily profit but have a say in the future of the server although I am aware it would be a massive decision to make on your behalf.
Jimmy who lives near me in Weston Super Nightmare.... There will be no shareholders, The members of this community already own this community (as long as they follow the rules)

The people who have a say in the future of the server are the regular members who made it into a senior admin (they all started here as players)

Money will never ever change that! Trust me i have worked for company's who changed over night due to investment, That sort of bullshit will never happen to this gaming community ever.

Jimmy who lives near me in Weston Super Nightmare.... There will be no shareholders, The members of this community already own this community (as long as they follow the rules)

The people who have a say in the future of the server are the regular members who made it into a senior admin (they all started here as players)

Money will never ever change that! Trust me i have worked for company's who changed over night due to investment, That sort of bullshit will never happen to this gaming community ever.
I would say then that it is unlikely that you wont get these donations, but I have seen some of the stuff some of these community members have pulled off and I wouldn't put it past them to come up with this kind of money :)

Back