What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Looting corpses?

Mercenary Thresh

As we all know, you cannot loot corpses for equipment such as night vision, clothing and backpacks.

I am writing this thread to hopefully get a good discussion off it. 

In my point of view, it would be great if it was allowed. There's far too many people not does not value their lives enough when it comes to dropping guns or clothing, simply because they know it cannot be looted. 

Not to mention how unrealistic it is that you cannot pick up things from a corpse other than the gun the person held in his or her hands. 

I do have to admit though that it would be hard when it came to police uniforms because of fake cops. Lure cops into a ambush, kill them, take their clothing and car and we have a problem. 

However, I do think this could be dealt with by adding a viewable license to cops that civilians could ask to see when they rp with a cop.

This way, people will be able to see if it's a real cop or not. 

I do understand that there would be several drawbacks from allowing looting but there would also be a lot of perks with it. 

In general, I think it would result into better rp overall. 

And yes, I didnt put this into the suggestions section because of the fact that it's not a suggestion. It' meant to be a open discussion about the subject to see what the rest of the community thinks about the idea.

Also, I'd love to hear staffs reason for not allowing it in the first place. Could be a good start if we want to discuss the matter.

I personally really disagree with this, it will lead to people simply killing instead of trying to inspire role play out of the person being robbed, people would be faster on the trigger than they currently are and I find that people are all too fast to shoot first and talk later.

I am not aware of the reasons that the staff team had at the time of script implementation but I believe that it is there for role play purposes.

With regards to people taking police uniforms it is my understanding that rule 10G would apply:

[SIZE=medium]10G) CSO's and PCSO’s are not to be taken as hostages. For a temporary period of time PC's are also not allowed to be taken hostage.

Temporary Rules for Hostages are as follows, these will be removed once the police force is fully back to how it used to be. [/SIZE]

• You may NOT ask officers to do OOC actions, such as force them to leave the police force inside of RP.
  • You may NOT take officers clothing, and wear it. You ARE allowed to ask them to drop the clothing in a vehicle, or storage container for your own protection. (Police Berets and AR Vests are excluded from this)
  • The minimum rank that an officer can be taken is the rank of SPC, this is to allow the new officers to learn the ropes before being launched into the unknowns. (You are permitted to use OOC information to determine the rank of the officer)
Now in an attempt to not encourage a storm of drama, I would like to leave a final point, If people can just take clothes from dead people, then why keep them alive and encourage the role play?, This is not my mindset but may be the mind set of a large portion of the people playing on the server currently and in the future.

If you want to talk further I am mostly on TS.

What if you were able to look into(maybe loot) peoples backpack etc when they have their hands in the air? That would atleast force some rp instead of pew pew pew

Greenzone:

' hands in the air' shouts the PC

*rebel complies*

*for that split second hobo robs the man of his illegal gun that was in his backpack worth £250k*

Not only situations like that, people would get RDM'd and lose their stuff for definite. 

Is it really common to walk up to a dead person IRL and take their wallet, clothes, vest, watch? No. If this was implemented people would.

If someone doesn't value their life to the extent you see it as fail rp, resolve it or report it.

Also if a civ wears the police uniform it won't be skinned and it will look like normal BLUFOR combat fatigues. It won't be black/yellow/blue as it has to be worn by a person in that faction.

@Major Thresh I agree with the others it would just destroy all RP. It's bad enough when some hobo RDMs you, but if they knew they could just RDM a well equipped rebel/cop and take their gear without having to circumvent the script, it'd be happening all the time.

It would be nice if there was an option for searching players when their put their hands up, maybe a menu like the cop one that lets you do things like 'Take GPS' etc. and see the contents of their backpack and virtual inv. That way you can see if they have items like Drugs/Gold Bars/etc. that you might want off them.

Being able to just pop someone and take all of their stuff would be ridiculous. There'd be no incentive to RP with them and tell them if they comply with all your demands then you'll maybe leave them alive.

I don't want the script to allow looting living characters, only corpses. 

I'm currently ingame so cannot really respond at this very moment. I'll do that later tonight! :D

You used to be able to, turned Kavala and other places even worse than you can ever imagine! Hobo's will just come walking up to you, steal ur gun and shoot you in the face with it. -1 from me 

Back