What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

"No breaking the law" as an off duty cop

Banana Duck

Good day all 

I has due to join the cops a few weeks ago but decided to retact my application before interview for a few reasons.

The main reason was due to the "no crime committed by a cop" a easy to follow rule as it goes and something I can easily abide by, but why can't I play a different persona and name? 

I really would like to one day play as a cop but I don't want to restrict myself to either go back rebel for a few weeks the back cop.

wondering if there are any plans to change or alter this rule anytime

soon?

To be honest, at the moment there are no plans at all to change this.

The main issue with this is we tried it before, and it failed miserably, giving the police the ability to do illegal activities just caused under-staffing issues of the force.

The 'Police Holidays' were introduced to resolve this problem, @Fry could tell you more about it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
This rule prevents some of the best roleplayers from joining the police. Being a police officer creates great opportunity for roleplay but it completely limits the officers experience as a rebel / civilian.

As far as I understand, the rule was first implemented because too many people stopped being police to play rebel. Now that the community has grown vastly I reckon the rule does nothing but limit the amount of quality roleplayers in the police.

This rule prevents some of the best roleplayers from joining the police. Being a police officer creates great opportunity for roleplay but it completely limits the officers experience as a rebel / civilian.

As far as I understand, the rule was first implemented because too many people stopped being police to play rebel. Now that the community has grown vastly I reckon the rule does nothing but limit the amount of quality roleplayers in the police.
Definitely not calling myself a good roleplayer, but your comments are exactly my problem.

I joined the police, and I really enjoyed it to start off with, after a couple of months, as an SPC I started to get a bit bored with it, and in the end turned down a possible SGT position to be a rebel again, as its far more free and less limiting.

Honestly, for me, I still wouldn't mind being a cop, but I would only want to do it a month at a time, then go back to being a rebel.
Something like the opposite of the police holidays, where for a period of time, I can temporarily join the cops, and not be a rebel any more, then after a few weeks, I go back to being a rebel. For me, this was perfect, unfortunately now, after doing this so many times I'm permanently blacklisted from the police.

Oh well.

Also I would note this rule has been enforced to the extreme... it was introduced to stop people dping drug runs etc... not to stop them from roleplaying anything at all which could be the smallest bit illegal.

I couldn't see myself as an off duty cop, my bastard level is too high. I'm sure I'd enjoy being a cop and deliver good RP, it's just not being able to mix it up is a bit disappointing, like the bird said aren't there enough cops now? 

Even giving some of the best rp'ers the flexibility to cop>rebel>cop maybe could help populate server 2? 

@Fry,@CSI WALT, @fisher

An idea pitch for you...

Lets say... 5 "Police Holiday" spots.
Lets call them, Special Constables...

Rebels can apply for a SC spot, for say, 2 weeks.
During those two weeks, they are full on proper Police Officers, can't be a rebel during that period.

New people to the police, PSCO rank.
People with previous Police experience, PC rank.

The limited number of spots wouldn't really deter people from the police that much I feel, but gives players like me a chance to boost the police force for a time and remind myself of the fun I had as a cop. Hell, some rebels that have never been cops before might apply to join the police full time after trying it out for a bit.

What do you think? It's not a completely ridiculous idea....

You can take a police holiday after 3 months of joining the police then every two months after that.

in that one week holiday you are able to do rebel activity a without being kicked from the force.

you can also be given a day or two police holiday as a bonus for doing a good job or if you deserve a break.

but I would love to see CSO banana duck walking around Kavala 

You can take a police holiday after 3 months of joining the police then every two months after that.

in that one week holiday you are able to do rebel activity a without being kicked from the force.

you can also be given a day or two police holiday as a bonus for doing a good job or if you deserve a break.

but I would love to see CSO banana duck walking around Kavala 
:)  I guess I'd make the move one day, it's just the inflexibility to do other things, my personal problem is YouTube I guess, I mean I'd gladly play the role of CSO Banana duck, but if I end up thinking of some crazy Hobo killing plan for a video I don't want to have to wait 3 months to be a bastard. 

With that said I also don't want to end up getting blacklisted for quiting the cops after a month because I wanted to do something naughty.

Why should you do something , which you as police try to stop?

As a officer you stop crime so isn't it weird that after your duty you gonna do the thing you are trying to stop?

But i feel you , and as said before lately being a rebel or officer is kina repetitieve so hopefully there is something that could switch it around.

People leave the Police because it gets repetitive. I feel police should be able to take a couple of days off every two weeks or something so it stops them leaving and keeps them interested.

With 100+ cops, a few days off every fortnight requires planning and paperwork, this would be difficult because everyone would want the weekend break. @Mycaelis in your coalition you said new cops that are on the 'special Constable' branch join at PCSO, but the CSO rank is back for newbies. It would be unfair to rush their training as they're there for a short amount of time when compared with a CSO of whom is there for longer. It would stress academy to the max IMO.

Why should cops get the ability to go kill cops off duty at anytime? In the holiday it is fine, that's just one week in every 7.

Cops don't really need money so making money illegally is pointless, it's not as if we buy gear, it's also not as if the vermin when we are off duty is expensive.

As a cop, yeah you're restricted in roleplay, but any rule that's not ban able or listed on the server and in the handbook can be broken if you want to take that risk of a CSO/PCSO demotion or a kick. Roleplay is what you make it. Off duty why not join a law abiding PMC? You don't have as many rules, you don't have such a high roleplay standard to reach.

Hello all, sorry to hear you are having issues and thank you for tagging the Police Command in so that we can get involved.

@Banana Duck Allowing Police to play rebel under a different name is something that was allowed a while back, and it resulted in the majority of the Police playing rebel and not logging in as an Officer for almost a week. We have worked hard to implement a balanced work around which is the Police holiday. We are Police, and sadly we believe that role requires the proper dedication. Should you dedicate yourself to the role, you are granted full eligibility to play rebel for a week. But simply letting you play Rebel as and when you want just doesn't work I'm afraid.

@Rossss I don't feel this is fully correct. This Command works hard to ensure we don't cut out roleplay opportunities. Playing Rebel, yes that will get you removed. However if we are hearing reports of corrupt Officers, we do our best to catch them within roleplay. So I wouldn't say it's enforced to the maximum..because if it was we would just kick anyone for the slightest corrupt act. Overall, we are Police. It doesn't make sense for us to be killing colleagues during our time off duty. We are a whitelisted faction expected to bring quality roleplay, and sadly that requires dedication.

@Mycaelis I can agree that Rebels make very strong Police Officers. It's something I've believed for a very long time after seeing rebels join the Police either by choice or through punishment before leaving to go back to the Rebels. Having Rebels take a holiday to the Police means a lot of work for Academy, because although you may be a returning Officer, you will still be required to complete a test to ensure you are good enough to be granted a suitable rank. There is also the risk of it being abused. I know it won't be by the majority, but there will be those who enter with the sole intent of finding out information they wouldn't normally have access to and using that when they return to their Rebel life. That being said, I can see the fun it'd provide to people, and after all this is a game. I'm happy to bring this up with Command and see what the overall opinion would be.

@CSI WALT Well, I do agree that it should be there to an extent but as I was in the police for about 8 months i've seen a lot more than the avarage guy.

And being honest I was threatened to be "disciplined" for 1 vehicle theft which was fully roleplayed...

And apparantly i'm the ultimate troll as a civilian too.

I don't believe any of this occurred within current Command. I can assure you we have dealt with numerous Police who have been wanted and have explained their situation meaning it went no further.

I've not seen you as a Civ for quite a while so cannot confirm

I LOVE being a cop but miss my rebel friends so bad, i would prefer to be able to have a few days off every month where im allowed to be a cop and rebel. Its very limiting, at the end of the day this is a game for fun, why cant we cops have a bit fun without such controlling limits

Because this is a whitelisted faction that has over 100 people in it. If you give everyone the eligibility for "a few days off" "every month" how on earth are we meant to track it, balance it?. The Police will be empty for days while people play rebel. This way is fair, it gives everyone fair opportunity for a holiday and it keeps the Police force ticking over.

Meh, It's not hard being an off-duty officer, you can still be a dick, and unless I completely misunderstood my training back in March we're still allowed to do small petty crime (as in ticketable offenses, do depend on the offense but point goes across) Please do Correct me if I'm wrong.

Back