What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

IMPORTANT - DO NOT CLICK LINKS FROM STRANGERS

Hello,

Recently there has been some malicious individual going around teamspeak sending a message along the lines of "have you seen him ...link..."

YmxyN2b.jpg

it isnt a steam community link they use teamspeak's HTML to hide the proper link just hover over it or copy and paste it if you REALLY want to find out what it is.

along with a link to a page that looks convincingly like steam asking you to sign in, DO NOT sign in. your account WILL be hijacked and you will cry.

Please report this straight away to a mentor for a swift and efficient ban.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
you see i copied and pasted these links and couldn't work out what was up with them as they actually goto someones profile, and it was showing i was logged in at the top.

But if you click them in teamspeak there going to a different address altogether.

Do not login on any links!

I've clicked on that link by accident, cause that guy send me a message. I went to a weird website which was a different URL then the link that was pasted in chat. I imiditally closed my browser as soon as I saw it was a different link. So the link loaded for 1 sec. Will it do any harm? 

I've clicked on that link by accident, cause that guy send me a message. I went to a weird website which was a different URL then the link that was pasted in chat. I imiditally closed my browser as soon as I saw it was a different link. So the link loaded for 1 sec. Will it do any harm? 
you should be fine, its just a phishing scam it doesnt appear that it would do any harm from just clicking the link. to my knowledge a website cant actually do any harm on it own you would need to download something or run something which you would definitely be aware of. 

It's the same people tried trough Origin , send you a link , you login , they got your login details , use your steam to get personal info/bank details or steam items in your inventory.

On teamspeak they just hide the link that it's directing to, if you hover over it you'll see the real link at the bottom left on the ts client.

you should be fine, its just a phishing scam it doesnt appear that it would do any harm from just clicking the link. to my knowledge a website cant actually do any harm on it own you would need to download something or run something which you would definitely be aware of. 
"SOME" websites do have the ability to force a download onto your computer (rare af) - However, the links that have been spread are only a fake steam site (or other site) which require you to log in which then steals your login details, etc. Just ignore any links from people you dont know, and like pointed out, report it immediately to a mentor to get the user kicked from the community.

Using a password manager like LastPass would really help solve problems like this too. It only enters the password on the legit site address, and requires a manual override to enter anywhere else so is a good warning.

Back