What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Kavala Mode

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
Might not be popular with the high end pc users.

But what is everyone's feelings on making kavala mode forced for all clients ?

Just thinking about everyones clientside fps thats all without giving anyone an unfair advantage which kavala mode sometimes does however its a lifesaver for some people.

I don't really understand.. So when entering Kavala everyone's graphics would lower to "Kavala mode" ? 

If so, why would people want this? Would it help the server or just make it easier because some players wouldn't have to remember to lower their settings? 

@PC Frisky Hen

No no no no no Yes no

Basically switch on kavala mode, what i am thinking about trialing is that turned on for everyone across the map.

If you want to see its full effect goto settings turn it on and drive out of kavala, Makes no effect serverside however client side some people have got an extra 10-20 fps from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say the kavala mode is excellent for kavala. Im not so sure about forcing it on the entire map tho. But thats maybe just me.

Best regards, Petersson

I must say the kavala mode is excellent for kavala. Im not so sure about forcing it on the entire map tho. But thats maybe just me.

Best regards, Petersson
Pretty sure its all the map anyway i think its just called Kavala mode could be wrong.

I think keeping it as it is is fine, Kavala mode is a great tool for people with lower end systems and a lot of people turn it on and off when needed in different situations because of the advantage it gives however I don't think that it is a huge issue that needs addressing, I personally hate the way Kavala mode makes your game look but like I said sometimes you're forced to use it otherwise you're simply at a disadvantage, a poll would be nice but I think for right now leave it as it is.

@PC Frisky Hen

No no no no no Yes no

Basically switch on kavala mode, what i am thinking about trialing is that turned on for everyone across the map.

If you want to see its full effect goto settings turn it on and drive out of kavala, Makes no effect serverside however client side some people have got an extra 10-20 fps from it.
Oh.. Personally I don't think I'd like that. I have a (somewhat) powerful computer that can just about run ultra graphics with 30 fps but I sometimes prefer that to regular graphics with 50~fps. 

Don't understand why this would be needed as anyone client side can choose it anyway. If it doesn't affect the server I think it's best to have the maximum amount of choices possible. 

I wouldn't mind a trial though just to see what the differences would be. 

DP .. Double post you dirty minded whatsits 

I like to have Kavala mode on most of the time as it really helps having decent FPS when driving up to and around Athira, I'm no computer wizard, but would having Kavala mode locked on for all help reduce car accidents caused by desync a little? 

Edit: maybe I'm thinking of accidents caused by potato computers rather than actual desync

+1 keep it as is. I want my game to keep looking good :p all for kavala mode in high pop areas if possible :)

I like to have Kavala mode on most of the time as it really helps having decent FPS when driving up to and around Athira, I'm no computer wizard, but would having Kavala mode locked on for all help reduce car accidents caused by desync a little? 

Edit: maybe I'm thinking of accidents caused by potato computers rather than actual desync
Potatos will always have issues with Arma, unfortunately those pushing there PC just to play this should really consider upgrading as some people will always have issues... its a beautiful game lost in PS2 graphics on some peoples machines :(

But yeah nothing to do with desync unless there desyncing due to maybe a frame drop, sometimes happens or sometimes the car just comes to a stop.

+1 keep it as is. I want my game to keep looking good :p all for kavala mode in high pop areas if possible :)
Still looks brilliant with no grass, infact some areas look better / usable 

If it makes everyones computer faster and means less desync... I am definitely up for this

But then again, I'm one of those ppl who has it always on anyway

The problem I can see with it always being on, you cannot sneak around, ghillie suits will become worthless....

Yeah, my PC is a mid spec PC, and Kavala mode gives me 15-20 FPS so would love to have this on constantly! +1

Personally I'm against this idea, just because how beautiful I think the game is, obviously I'm running it on the highest settings and for some people having Kavala mode permanently activated would not make much of a difference.

But when I come to think of it, I really am torn here.. On the upside, nobody will be able to abuse Kavala mode in firefights so that they can see through the grass they are laid in, but the game will look like a steaming hot turd..

Back