What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Tlide key.

Centipede

Well basically as you well know, even ex-police officers come and say this. Practically with the tlide key, i'm well aware of the cops are using it to gain advantage their metagaming way and hide it by it. I think in my perspective and opinion it should be removed once and for all. We will have so much better roleplay, i know you will say but if somone RDMs and VDMs? Just wait for it to happen, then  the log will appear that you got killed by the VDMer and RDmer name, then you can report him.

+1, -1?

- For Tlide key or what is called to be removed.

P.S This fingerprints thing that the cops roleplay by when you actual don't have any device it's ridiclous. They always say  "positive" it's pure unrealistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 sadly i do believe that this have been suggested before, and the conclusion was that it was a arma control, which can't be removed, i am not sure, but i think it was that.

Change it to something further away from the movement keys?? So people struggle a bit more to hit it.

I think people use it so instinctively now. I've personally never had a problem with people quickly using the tilde key on my vehicle as long as they NEVER use it for a roleplay advantage. But I do not condone breaking the rules.

Perhaps bind it to a different function like in KoTH? But I always use the tilde key(to identify players who may break a rule, never in combat) 

I have seen many servers that don't use this and it actually makes a good experience. :)

There's no way they will metagame except by using the ANPR system or what is their system called.

I am fed up of people just slagging of cops constantly.... there is over 100 cops on this server which are basically a whitelisted gang, who abide by the law. There is always going to be bad eggs but just because 1 out of 10 cops are bad or fuck up does not give you or anyone the right to blame the whole force. And i am sure that "Some" yes "Some" rebels use the tild key fo there advantage, but we don't go blaming every rebel on the bloody server! to, so why don't you include them in this post?

Rant over.  lets all just play the flipping game!

Edit: i also forgot to add +1 i just don't like the constant complaining of a few peoples actions but i do believe it is being abused (By everyone)

I am fed up of people just slagging of cops constantly.... there is over 100 cops on this server which are basically a whitelisted gang, who abide by the law. There is always going to be bad eggs but just because 1 out of 10 cops are bad or fuck up does not give you or anyone the right to blame the whole force. And i am sure that "Some" yes "Some" rebels use the tild key fo there advantage, but we don't go blaming every rebel on the bloody server! to, so why don't you include them in this post?

Trust me how many times i tried to have fun and roleplay with the cops, it's just unrealistic they always want to win, when they stop you over. I'm fed up by them using that key to their own advantage, I know many of the cops are really roleplay wise and they want to have fun but some cops just to win mate and you need to understand that, it's not a complaint, it's how the things are working at the moment.

P.S This wasn't a complain or argument to the cop force, I want call out names or etc. But if this bloody key will be removed, i'm sure it will be more roleplayish, maybe give it a go?

Edit: i also forgot to add +1 i just don't like the constant complaining of a few peoples actions but i do believe it is being abused (By everyone)

The cops are just seen as people there to ruin the fun of the rebels, as much as it pains me, you're never going to be seen in a good light by rebels. 

I know there are some OUTSTANDING roleplayers in the force, and I've been lucky to interact with them the majority of the time. There are also some bad eggs as you call them, but I don't hold that against the rest of you guys. 

The cops are just seen as people there to ruin the fun of the rebels, as much as it pains me, you're never going to be seen in a good light by rebels. 

I know there are some OUTSTANDING roleplayers in the force, and I've been lucky to interact with them the majority of the time. There are also some bad eggs as you call them, but I don't hold that against the rest of you guys. 
Same here, there's many cops I like to roleplay with and but there are some cops that sometimes that don't tell you even when you are patrolling with them, but they use it to their advantage and hide it.

Thank you <3, Everyone needs to remember it works both ways. Without Rebels the NHS / Police would not be here, and with out NHS / Cops the rebels would not be here. And that nothing is ever going to be perfect.

Same here, there's many cops I like to roleplay with and but there are some cops that sometimes that don't tell you even when you are patrolling with them, but they use it to their advantage and hide it.
Some yes Some! But so do Some Rebels ..... So why don't you include them ?

Some yes Some! But so do Some Rebels ..... So why don't you include them ?
For example PCSO Mr.Holmes

He got told not to use the tilde key but his response was

''well whatever its BG''

You really want me to look up all the reports made against the police about meta gaming?

I have nothing against the police, I do however have something against the fact that it keeps happening even though the punishment for it is a ban.

Thats why I think it should be removed.

1+

Well basically as you well know, even ex-police officers come and say this. Practically with the tlide key, i'm well aware of the cops are using it to gain advantage their metagaming way and hide it by it. I think in my perspective and opinion it should be removed once and for all. We will have so much better roleplay, i know you will say but if somone RDMs and VDMs? Just wait for it to happen, then  the log will appear that you got killed by the VDMer and RDmer name, then you can report him.

+1, -1?

- For Tlide key or what is called to be removed.

P.S This fingerprints thing that the cops roleplay by when you actual don't have any device it's ridiclous. They always say  "positive" it's pure unrealistic.
To be honest your making this thread because we arrested you. We confirmed who you were via your license first of all then you tried to make up it was another name. The ANPR makes it possible for police to pull over wanted veichles, which is actually a realistic system in some ways and also you have to consider the fact its a game, without that scanner it would be impossible to pull people over and make the Police somewhat useless.

Anyway SO. We ANPR'ed you, pulled you over, I asked you if you were the owner you said no. I said do you have any ID on you in that case and you said yes in my left pocket, I pulled it out and said it belonged to a Mr BG Sorrow, and the SPC confirmed that, after that you tried to make up sometihng along the lines of the guy is white in the photo and your black skinned, so we took you to get finger print scanned.

On the journey you were abusive, swearing and saying 'blablablabla' while I read you your rights. Upon arriving (already having enough evidence) for the sake of Roleplay. we used the ATM machine as a scanner (it's called using your imagination / RP'ing, we dont have to have it skinned in to RP it). After that we sat down at the desk and said it had a 93% match to a mr BG Sorrow and that you would be going to prison due to the nature of your charges and the evidence that you were said person. I confirmed with my DGST that this was indeed the correct course of action.

Before I sent you to prison I offered you food or water too which you replied 'Go fuck yourself' and I sent you along your way. During the whole time your roleplay was shocking, you were abusive. It's always the poor roleplayers and the abusive rebels who moan about the Police, if you learned how to Roleplay better you could have easily got out of the situation.

TL:DR : We never touched the Tilde key, and have evidence to prove that.

Have a nice day Sorrow :)

For example PCSO Mr.Holmes

He got told not to use the tilde key but his response was

''well whatever its BG''

You really want me to look up all the reports made against the police about meta gaming?
Yes please do. What i am saying is that  you can not say COPS if it is 1 persons actions. Thats all i am saying don't blame 100 people for 5 peoples stupid actions. As i said in my post before, i agree that it should be looked into (The tild Key) But just don't blame The whole force!

To be honest your making this thread because we arrested you. We confirmed who you were via your license first of all then you tried to make up it was another name. The ANPR makes it possible for police to pull over wanted veichles, which is actually a realistic system in some ways and also you have to consider the fact its a game, without that scanner it would be impossible to pull people over and make the Police somewhat useless.

Anyway SO. We ANPR'ed you, pulled you over, I asked you if you were the owner you said no. I said do you have any ID on you in that case and you said yes in my left pocket, I pulled it out and said it belonged to a Mr BG Sorrow, and the SPC confirmed that, after that you tried to make up sometihng along the lines of the guy is white in the photo and your black skinned, so we took you to get finger print scanned.

On the journey you were abusive, swearing and saying 'blablablabla' while I read you your rights. Upon arriving (already having enough evidence) for the sake of Roleplay. we used the ATM machine as a scanner (it's called using your imagination / RP'ing, we dont have to have it skinned in to RP it). After that we sat down at the desk and said it had a 93% match to a mr BG Sorrow and that you would be going to prison due to the nature of your charges and the evidence that you were said person. I confirmed with my DGST that this was indeed the correct course of action.

Before I sent you to prison I offered you food or water too which you replied 'Go fuck yourself' and I sent you along your way. During the whole time your roleplay was shocking, you were abusive. It's always the poor roleplayers and the abusive rebels who moan about the Police, if you learned how to Roleplay you could have easily got out of the situation, take your prison sentance and stop moaning every time you get caught. 
No it wasn't and i'm not gonna say anything, cause you always want to win and you always say you are right, you even said it to me once when i rolled up a bit with you. This thread wasn't create because of that scene, but it could be bring out more roleplay. I'm not going to start over an argument cause of you, it's not the first time i saw you creating wars or conflicts between players. 

Btw Vincent why don't tell yourself, what you said when you were in TR? "I left the police force because they metagame"

double post
Im not saying it was created because of that. But its strange it's created 5 minutes after you get sent to prison and you were accussing us of metagaming the entire time and breaking roleplay, it's you who need to fix something not us mate. Also I am not creating conflict just posting an opinion.

+1 For the Tilde being removed, but it happens far more outside of the Police than inside it and we are informed not to act on any metagame.

Im not saying it was created because of that. But its strange it's created 5 minutes after you get sent to prison and you were accussing us of metagaming the entire time and breaking roleplay, it's you who need to fix something not us mate. Also I am not creating conflict just posting an opinion.

+1 For the Tilde being removed, but it happens far more outside of the Police than inside it and we are informed not to act on any metagame.
Btw Vincent why don't tell yourself, what you said when you were in TR? "I left the police force because they metagame"

And i know it happens even in the rebels etc, thats why i put this topic to see others opinion on this to be removed in order to enjoy the game experience more.

Back