What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Rules Rewrite Discussion

12D) UNMC may allow civillians to drive there whitelisted vechiles (strider) nor may they list them on Abay

Assuming that is a mis-type? they ARE allowed to let civs drive their cars?

Edit: Do you want me to point out any spelling / grammatical errors?

Not trying to be a dick, but just saying I've noticed a couple.

Last edited by a moderator:
13C) The Police will always send in a unarmed negotiator in a marked police car who will drive up to the entrance and make himself known. This is part of the treasury robbery process. You can either start roleplay with the negotiator, or decline negotiations by asking him to leave. You cannot kill him - he must leave, and if killed it is bannable. You also may not kidnap the negotiator.

It would it be possible to get something like this added for hosatge situations

12D) UNMC may allow civillians to drive there whitelisted vechiles (strider) nor may they list them on Abay

Assuming that is a mis-type? they ARE allowed to let civs drive their cars?

Edit: Do you want me to point out any spelling / grammatical errors?

Not trying to be a dick, but just saying I've noticed a couple.
DainMK did go through it but alot of prodding has taken place since then, Yes please feel free

This is a discussion and any help from the community is appreciated to get this right

I will get that amended now.

3H) Restraining & Zipties

If you have been restrained or Ziptied you are no longer able to use any communication to contact your friends or gang members, This includes: group chat/teamspeak/skype or any other way of communication.

Does this apply for the police when being taken hostage too? Do we still have to forcefully make them drop their GPS? Or if they don't broadcast to all units that they're being kidnapped before they are ziptied then are they fair game?

3I) Teleporting

Once you have spawned in you are unable to re-spawn unless you have been killed or stuck in a position due to a bug (please take screenshots), For example you cannot re-spawn to get to another location quicker - Punishment is a ban

Sometimes I get a driving bug where I'm completely locked into free view when in the drivers seat in a vehicle, and when I start driving the screen stutters, and the damage/fuel details of the vehicle wont display in the top left corner; reconnecting always fixes this but sometimes re-spawning does as well as the only time it occurs is when I have just re-spawned. Would this be an exception too since its a bug? (just not sure if its a common/known one).

Note this bug is not me forgetting to double-tap ALT

EDIT:

Just seen this in the Rules Rewrite discussion and its already picked up. Delete topic pls.

3I) Teleporting

Once you have spawned in you are unable to re-spawn unless you have been killed or stuck in a position due to a bug (please take screenshots), For example you cannot re-spawn to get to another location quicker - Punishment is a ban

Sometimes I get a driving bug where I'm completely locked into free view when in the drivers seat in a vehicle, and when I start driving the screen stutters, and the damage/fuel details of the vehicle wont display in the top left corner; reconnecting always fixes this but sometimes re-spawning does as well as the only time it occurs is when I have just re-spawned. Would this be an exception too since its a bug? (just not sure if its a common/known one).

Note this bug is not me forgetting to double-tap ALT

For this, I would say make sure that if you re-log, that its back to where you started, or drive to a near spawn-point.

Suffice to say, its all about making sure you don't save yourself time by re-logging / teleporting.

@

Merging this thread with the thread.... already been pointed out and amended.

Please do not discuss the rules outside the discussion thread.

"9C) Taxi Driver’s are not allowed to perform any illegal activities (robbing/stealing/killing) when they are in uniform. It is a purely role play activity."

What is the taxi uniform?

Also I couldn't find a rule set for journalists/people wearing the press uniform.

*EDIT* Can a taxi driver have a handgun for self defense purposes 

"9C) Taxi Driver’s are not allowed to perform any illegal activities (robbing/stealing/killing) when they are in uniform. It is a purely role play activity."

What is the taxi uniform?

Also I couldn't find a rule set for journalists/people wearing the press uniform.
There will be a taxi uniform soon, there are no rules for journalists or the old press vest rule however there are plans in the mix for a press licence.

16C) [SIZE=medium]Advertising your teamspeak on our servers/website/teamspeak or social media groups is bannable other than TS.AltisLife.co.uk (Punishment is a permanent community ban without appeal)

Sometimes when massive DDOS attacks happen,the teamspeak keeps crashing for hours. If i link another ts to use untill the ALUK one is back,is that bannable?
[/SIZE]

12A) Roleplay initiation must be made with the UNMC at their base before an attack on the base can start, otherwise it will be considered RDM (Punishment is a ban)

Since our base is in the red zone,do they still need to RP before they can attack the base? Example,if i get spawnkilled when i log in,is it considered RDM?

12C) UNMC may only rob the bank once per day

Are we allowed to rob a bank off-duty when we already did it on duty? By off-duty i mean wearing normal rebel clothes, only normal guns (nothing special from the UNMC vendor) and without the UNMC tags in the name?

8D) ARAC Members are not allowed to perform any illegal activities (robbing/stealing/killing) when they are in uniform. It is a purely role play activity.

Are we allowed to have a legal/illegal gun to defend ourselves in case someone tries to rob us?

6E) You are unable to steal vehicles in a green or blue zone (Punishment is a ban)

Is this a new rule that we are not allowed to rob people or steal vehicles in the blue zone? Or is it a mistake

4E) If you are restrained and communications have been removed you must not be active on any other forms of communications other than direct chat

Example,it rebels take a cop hostage or the other way around,when the GPS is taken of you,does this mean you have to mute your sound on teamspeak? Because alot of people dont do it,and if you check their "idle time" you can see they spoke on teamspeak after their GPS was removed already.

3A) VDM - Vehicle Death Match Definition:

Using your vehicle for running people over, using it to ram into other vehicles in and outside combat, using a vehicle with the purpose of making it explode are all considered a form of VDM here (Punishment is a ban)

Just some scenarios I'd like to ask about here. 

1. Car A and Car B are driving on opposite sides of the road towards each other (going about 40-50km/h). Car A steers towards Car B's side of the road to block/ram the car. Car B tries to avoid but hits the other car and breaks a tire. After RP ensues and the passengers of Car A hold up the passengers of Car B. 

2. Car and Truck are driving on the same side of the road in the same direction. Car over takes Truck and tries to block the road. 

3. Same scenario as 2 but Truck tries to steer away from Car and because of the blocking the truck hits the Car and a tire breaks meaning the truck can escape. 

So do any of these involve VDM and which parties are guilty in each case? Thanks. 

Could we please have a cool down on the bank Eg 45Minutes. Because its happend in the past but it happend again yesterday. i wont name names but a certain few gangs working together robbed the bank four times in one restart With minmal RP they just planted the charge and lets said lets rumble.... Know people may ask whats the problem with that? Let me tell you. Police are here to have fun and  Too RP and they dont want to spend all there ingame time in a bank operation! So please i beg can we have a cool down on the bank!  :)  

Small issues I've noticed:

================================================

3F) Trading

Altis Life UK does not condone any sort of real life to ingame trading or visa versa.

This should be: vice versa

3G) Idling

We have the busiest Altis Life server in the world therefore if you need to goto the shops or go away from your PC for more than 5 mintues then please kindly disconnect from the server.

Edit: minutes

3L) Police Sirens

When the Police put on there sirens lights to pull you over to attend to a scene this doesnt mean RP has initiated on there point, if you shoot without engaing in RP then this is classed as RDM

Edit: their, their, engaging

12D) UNMC may not allow civillians to drive there whitelisted vechiles (strider) nor may they list them on Abay

Edit: civilians, vehicles

Small issues I've noticed:

3F) Trading

Altis Life UK does not condone any sort of real life to ingame trading or visa versa.

This should be: vice versa

3G) Idling

We have the busiest Altis Life server in the world therefore if you need to goto the shops or go away from your PC for more than 5 mintues then please kindly disconnect from the server.

Edit: minutes

3L) Police Sirens

When the Police put on there sirens lights to pull you over to attend to a scene this doesnt mean RP has initiated on there point, if you shoot without engaing in RP then this is classed as RDM

Edit: their, their, engaging

12D) UNMC may not allow civillians to drive there whitelisted vechiles (strider) nor may they list them on Abay

Edit: civilians, vehicles

Is that you, Lexi? :p

I'm very glad to see these new rules being implemented, most of the grey areas are deleted by this but I still have a couple of questions:

2D) Using known exploits such as looting dead bodies, any duplication of items

I've had a couple of duplications I didn't mean to have, I'm not going to give examples to give people some ideas, however do you really need to report ANY accidental duplication of items? Even when the items aren't worth more than 50K?

3A) VDM

You're in a police chase going 300 KM/H while a group of people appear on the highway, you can't evade them and run them over. Ban or not?

[SIZE=medium]3L) Police Sirens[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]When the Police put on there sirens lights to pull you over to attend to a scene this doesnt mean RP has initiated on there point, if you shoot without engaing in RP then this is classed as RDM[/SIZE]

One question: When the sirens go on and you pull over for them, you have your big illegal firearm out and the officers see that as a risk, they'll probably shoot you right away, which is okay from their perspectives I guess. If we would shoot when they come out with their big firearms it would probably classed as RDM. How can we from our rebel side still get a decent RP session coming from this? Without being in the police HQ.

6B) You are unable to kill anyone in a blue zone (Punishment is a ban)

EG: Your friend is inside a police car, you're chasing them to get your friend out but the police officers drive straight into the police HQ/bluezone even though they knew you were chasing them. Is this an offense from the police officers or is it allowed?

RULE 7: Bounty Hunters

Are they always allowed to send you to prison regardless if you actually deserve a prison sentence? For example: You only have a 50K bounty for lockpicking a car and you're going straight to prison without being able to pay a fine.

AND there was no rule for stealing a medic car, will this be added or will you let it be?

In case it will be added I have one question for it: 

Can you steal it for real RP purposes?

For example: You are in a police chase, your car broke down and the tension is rising because the other police cars are moving in quickly. You have nowhere to go and see that as the only option to actually be able to escape: Ban or not?

Is that you, Lexi? :p
scQEjZS.jpg

A lot of time went into the rules, I just wanted to help make sure they we're extra nice and perfect!

4C) Using tilde key for anything other than identifying people who break rules

I always use the tilde key for identifiying people so I got their name incase they break a rule, good or should I go through the long process to dislearn myself this ability. I use it in no way to affect decisions or in-game actions.

I'm with you on that puppy... It is natural habit now to see who you're dealing with...

Although what happened to the proposed NLR changes stating that you should not be allowed to re enter a situation? So bsnk jobs and hostage ops etc, So people can't sit waiting for their 15min timer to finish at the 1km mark waiting for people to rejoin. Policr officers and rebels could only participate once in a given bank job from the doors being broken until it is sold or until a hostage is retrieved/killed or whatever.

The rule as it stands leaves the possibility for someone to die in the bank compound and re spawn to drive around the 1km radius killing people or pull out a hellcat and start spitting and marking people all from 1kn away

Back