What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Sound Detection, Is it cheating?

DeathReaper

Hey guys!

So I got a sound detection applications it comes with my ASUS ROG motherboard.

What it does is that it detects sound its loudness and it shows you from what position its coming from.

But I don't know if its cheating or is it allowed. 

I like to see it as a attachment to my combat glasses or a pad, since arma is set at 2035.

- From the guy that says grass in side chat

It shows you the direction of the sound? like with an arrow or? screen shots? not sure as most times you know what direction the sound is in anyway maybe @Kris! could enlighten us with his wisdom.

I want it so much.

At present, I've never come across this, I use 7.1 surround sound and most of the time I can locate where a noise is coming from, but an overlay on screen is a bit different. I doubt it would be considered cheating in Arma terms, but the decision it up to @Wilco

Theres been much controversy regarding the Sonar in competitive games such as Counterstrike. (Theres also Asus monitors that put a crosshair on you screen which is 100% undetectable, lol).

The Sonar is undetectable and is only giving you a visual display of sound that is being played to you. Could be very useful for players that are deaf or hard of hearing. If its showing you a visual representation of sound and the direction its coming from its because youre supposed to hear the sound in the first place. Totally different to cheats that give you info that you normally dont have, like seeing through walls etc...

It does make it a bit unfair on those who dont have the hardware for it, I have it but personally dont use it as I find the display more of a hindrance on screen. Its not a game changer imo...

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a kid that is half deaf, i would see this as a great shame to have it blocked

Back