What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

ArmA 3 Performance Fix Suggestions

PC Robert

Lead Mentor
So, I have been playing ArmA 3 for for ages now (Over 1200 hours!)

When I have been playing ArmA 3 I can see my performance (FPS) going lower and lower over the year I have played (with all these arma updates)

So, let's cut to the chase, what I am wanting from everyone is to suggest some performance fixes, that may help improve FPS for me and other people that may be having this issue.

Currently I am playing with around 30FPS straight after a restart and about 18FPS a while after restart.

My Specs:

Mobo: ASUS M5A9X Evo R2.0

PSU: Corsair 750w

GPU: AMD R9 280X

CPU: AMD FX 6350 X6

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB

Thanks to everyone that helps me out.

Much appreciated.

- Robert

Arma is all about the CPU, upgrade that shit

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I hoovered out my pc... the temperature has dropped by half and the performance has increased... thats aways a good start

Dust = FPS Killer... trust me on this

Other than that id say stick a fork in your eye for your amd shit

by hoovered did you just stick it in there or what mine is very dusty but i don't want to break any small parts :/ or anything

For the fans and the dust covers and case yes... but not the mobo or any parts

Heres a video on how to clean your mobo :)

AMD shit is good on a budget in terms of CPU and Motherboard.

AMD GPU's are fucking cool.

Today I hoovered out my pc... the temperature has dropped by half and the performance has increased... thats aways a good start

Dust = FPS Killer... trust me on this

Other than that id say stick a fork in your eye for your amd shit
Yeah... I should probably clean my PC of dust. It's like an Inch thick ahaha. Thanks for the help, gonna do it now :)

Yeah cleaning your pc will massively help, also you can run it from ssd to help performance if you have one.

Yes you can actually get a fps increase, most people don't realise this

For the fans and the dust covers and case yes... but not the mobo or any parts

Heres a video on how to clean your mobo :)
this guy must be kidding :X

anyways bohemia games depend on GHZs so try to overclock your CPUs guys and that is all. not strong GPU is needed, just as many GHZs as possible of CPU and at least 6GB of RAM

I've actually had a leak off my cpu block and water leak all over my mobo and graphics card....

Was very lucky it didn't cause major damage. Thank fuck for deionised water

Edit

Also run it all at negative pressure to hopefully avoid another incident

Back